Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2009, 09:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A true appreciation of your work

Mike,

First off, this team is exquisite. Always clean and fresh, your customs really come to life and look even better in the final product. The stock figures as well, dont look like stocks any longer and start to take on real-being look.

I also appreciate the detailing of materials used. I am about to finish a huge (and my very 1st all detailed team) of Cowboys, this weekend. Just last night, I was wondering in what order should i apply the different coats. Well, i dont have to wonder anymore, thank you.

But in expression of all the guys out here who detail, i love how each guy kinda has a signature move. You and your neck lines really bring out the flow of the shoulders, almost looking like they are in motion - outstanding stuff.

But for real, i think i am gonna go teenager again and start saving my money for a GUTTMAN team. I am huge on having some kind of piece of work from you guys in my collection, anything at all. And i now NEED to see one of your paint jobs on some of my custom figures. We have talked about it in the past, but now, that talk needs to happen. The GUTTMAN fund will start today, saving pennies and $$$ the best i can. I know this sounds silly, but thats how excited i am right now to imagine a team from you in my collect.

Good stuff Mike. Real good looking team.

Scott
Old 12-11-2009, 10:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Custom Vikes

Even though they are the "Vikings", great work is great work. Job well done Mike.

I especially like the away Tarkenton, DL's with their hands facing the OL, the Blair pose is really tight, and I always like the hiking center.

Way to represent!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:12 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Another fantastic team Mike! Perfect timing to inspire me as I am just starting two teams of Vikings, current and classic jerseys.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Proud To Say

HOOP YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED ...... I have atleast 4 GUTTMANN Teams and each team is a work of art....These are no different.....

"Clean as the Board of Health"

ALSO HE HAS A BENGALS THROWBACK TEAM.......WOW.....

Old 12-11-2009, 02:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default AWESOME

As my kids would say, "Those are awesome possum!"

Did you say that you made the chinstraps? Those look really cool. Are you selling them or was that just a one time project for you? Let me know. I might be interested in ordering some.

RAIDERMAN
Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yeah you gotta do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOP View Post
Mike,

First off, this team is exquisite. Always clean and fresh, your customs really come to life and look even better in the final product. The stock figures as well, dont look like stocks any longer and start to take on real-being look.

I also appreciate the detailing of materials used. I am about to finish a huge (and my very 1st all detailed team) of Cowboys, this weekend. Just last night, I was wondering in what order should i apply the different coats. Well, i dont have to wonder anymore, thank you.

But in expression of all the guys out here who detail, i love how each guy kinda has a signature move. You and your neck lines really bring out the flow of the shoulders, almost looking like they are in motion - outstanding stuff.

But for real, i think i am gonna go teenager again and start saving my money for a GUTTMAN team. I am huge on having some kind of piece of work from you guys in my collection, anything at all. And i now NEED to see one of your paint jobs on some of my custom figures. We have talked about it in the past, but now, that talk needs to happen. The GUTTMAN fund will start today, saving pennies and $$$ the best i can. I know this sounds silly, but thats how excited i am right now to imagine a team from you in my collect.

Good stuff Mike. Real good looking team.

Scott
I have some Mike Beal Air Force Falcons
Some Chris Stacey in about five teams
Mike Guttman did my Giants for this year!

I am a huge fan of the dull finish and highlighted helmet. When I first saw it I took a step back. Then, I laid them out, went somewhere and came back. When I looked at them again they looked so real. Most jerseys and pants don't reflect light. That finish is the real deal and I am noticing it showing up more often. Again great job Mike!
Old 12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default What figs used?

Beautiful!
...and when they called for the apostles and had beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. So they departed... And daily in the temple and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up What a sharp, clean looking job

Real nice work on them Vikes
Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Vikings.....

Mike,
Great job.Very nice indeed.I know how
some guys like their squads "shiny" and
that's cool,to each their own.Hey I use to
like them that way too,until I saw a team
done with Testors DullCote spray.I fell in
love with it and do all my teams and alot of
jobs that way.I give the customer his choice
and if they're not sure I go with the DullCote
finish.It just looks good and more realistic in
my opinion.Plus the DullCote is much easier to
apply.I've not had good luck with Gloss spray
of any kind.So if I have to gloss a team ,I brush it
on.I use either Delta Ceram Coat -Gloss or TAMIYA
X-22 gloss clear coat.Both are good.
But back to your Vikes.....they look great.
Very nice job.

SEMPER FI,
Chris Stacey
Hampton,VA
Old 12-12-2009, 02:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

RMan-Yes, I'm making my own chinstraps. Can't see paying $10 for 33 of them. I sent you and two others samples to try. You can let me know what you think and what changes I should make.

Chris Stacey-The best Gloss Spray out there is Triple Thick gloss spray! I have never had an issue with it. The last 3 teams I did for Raiderman I used it. Ask him how they look.

Thanks for the praises everyone! Next-I'm doing a team in honor of CorEy.