Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2007, 07:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

True, most of us play on 620 or smaller boards. If scale sized boards were available for under $100, I'm sure most of us wold own them. Unfortunately, the current price of $350 or more makes them out of reach for everyone, especially me.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Well,............

No one understands better than I do, but if you were to think about it for a moment. You get out of this hobby what you put into it. Think about how much gas you buy $, hotel $, air fair $, food $ and fee to play in some tournaments $, . If you add it all up you will have enought to pay for a scale size board.

Some guys spend $350.00 or more on figures, bases, and decals inside 6 months. How much is this hobby worth to you, it all is a reflection on you and how much this hobby means to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
True, most of us play on 620 or smaller boards. If scale sized boards were available for under $100, I'm sure most of us wold own them. Unfortunately, the current price of $350 or more makes them out of reach for everyone, especially me.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default scale boards

AB,

Well your point about scale boards is fine, however this is not about that in this thread.

I have played and seen others play on a much larger field but I see the same thing....no spacing in the O-Line ...... now that just makes more "space" to the outside where 'one-on-one' matchups are. In your system if a defender is within 3 yds of the ball carrier he cannot be adjusted to make a play (within the 3 stops) makes it play just like any other MF.

The larger field does not really matter that much in a well designed play. It will work on a 500 series board if setup correctly.

K-LO
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM
JIMBO

Default Every Play

...is drawn-up with the premise that there may always be one guy to beat on the defensive side, if they play smart D. The 10-1 D is NOT smart football!?!?!?!?!

Anyway, playing with gaps between the OL and with FOB tackling for the 1st 10yds (D gets to Read-N-React, then ABC), we use the FB the majority of the time here in the MWEFL. Basic concept: Two OL "open" the crease and the FB pushes it all the way open. Then it's up to the RB to follow that FB's block and earn his pay!

Play 1: FB pushes blocks aside and RB makes his cut. Fast forward to middle of play!

Play 2: FB somewhat blocks looper, allowing RB to counter.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default With All Due Respect

Unless you have played in my system you could not understand the reasons why things are the way that they are.

And Also, EF, and MF are the same thing, just a name change, all are based on one stop, the fact that my system is a simulation of real football and is nothing like one stop aka EF/MF. Calling my work EF/MF is insulting when it is another game all to it's self . Please respect me enought to not lable my system somthing that it is not.

Now the matter of bord size is a part of the running game. Why don't you get 22 guys and play 11 on 11 football on a basketball court, then play on a football field and then tell me the facts.

I would invite you to bring your current football IQ and play a game in my system vs a coach from my league, then you will have some well earned facts to base your opion off of . EF/MF are the same game, but MPFL is another game all to intself.

Take care of your self...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post
AB,

Well your point about scale boards is fine, however this is not about that in this thread.

I have played and seen others play on a much larger field but I see the same thing....no spacing in the O-Line ...... now that just makes more "space" to the outside where 'one-on-one' matchups are. In your system if a defender is within 3 yds of the ball carrier he cannot be adjusted to make a play (within the 3 stops) makes it play just like any other MF.

The larger field does not really matter that much in a well designed play. It will work on a 500 series board if setup correctly.

K-LO
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Also...........Coach K-LO

Now using JimBo's example, you see in both pictures that the players are angled. This is fine for EF/MF.

However in the MPFL this would be a penalty for false start as the players that are angled simulate the start of the play. That my friend is football simulated ( MPFL ) not EF/MF
Old 08-27-2007, 08:06 PM
JIMBO

Default Angled Players

That was after the "snap", AB! :rolleyes: :p

I hear ya, but as MPF is only played by a select few, us included! , this question has to be answered from that POV.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that gaps and more sideline-to-sideline room would definitely give most coaches an aneurism trying to defend! Playing with gaps, as we do here in Chicago, on a 620 seems ridiculous now that we've all built big boards. BUT...we did for 10 years and we effectively run/ran using FBs as the links below will show.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default It's Cool

It's cool, I understand
Old 08-28-2007, 11:13 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default keep your feelings in your pocket.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D Burgess View Post
Unless you have played in my system you could not understand the reasons why things are the way that they are.

And Also, EF, and MF are the same thing, just a name change, all are based on one stop, the fact that my system is a simulation of real football and is nothing like one stop aka EF/MF. Calling my work EF/MF is insulting when it is another game all to it's self . Please respect me enought to not lable my system somthing that it is not.

Now the matter of bord size is a part of the running game. Why don't you get 22 guys and play 11 on 11 football on a basketball court, then play on a football field and then tell me the facts.

I would invite you to bring your current football IQ and play a game in my system vs a coach from my league, then you will have some well earned facts to base your opion off of . EF/MF are the same game, but MPFL is another game all to intself.

Take care of your self...........
Keep your feeling in your pocket, AB....

the rule (guideline) I quoted is from your members. I thank you for the offer to place my Football IQ to the test in your system...... I have a counter offer...
Bring your football TEAM (non weighted of course) and your "advance" football IQ to the Colombus DAy BASH, that we have every year, and let see where the TD's come from.
You enjoy a good challenge, but it's always in your "comfort zone" .... what can you do on the road?? In the old styles?? What do you say?? Can you find time to come??

Coach K-LO