Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Buzzball Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 12:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Roo Writer

George,

Ed has a good point. It is now succinct and clear. Flows well.

I believe Ed is a sports or news writer by profession. You line up well with him. Pratt - the jury is still out. Great orator though...

You guys handled this well. Better now than at 10:09 am Saturday morning.

Look forward to seeing both of you.

Ed pack enough TTQB's and extra sticks. I think you still hold the record for slinging your TTQB across the room. LOL

Da Stack and you know I will if I can get away with it...
Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Heck, I'll be happy if I just remember to put a kicker in my box this year!!

Ed
Old 02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Rules continued

Got together with fellow Akron EFL-er John Martin and we tried to play by the Buzzball rules for practice(much different than Akron...but fun!)......I am sure some of you multi-time Buzzfest players can answer these questions, so as to save George the keystrokes.

1. QB can not drop back beyond 25 yards.....cool, but how far back can a RB set up in the backfield- 15, or also 25?

2. We are aware of the team inspection rule, etc.....can you have two bases for the same player and switch during play as long both meet weight requirements?

3. No magnets allowed for secondary guys......please confirm that.

4. Any offensive shifts allowed...It does not look as though allowed...please confirm.

5. TTQB Pass misses target, hits another eligible receiver downfield...completion? John scored a TD on me this way....if it doesn't count....we tied!

Thanks, guys
Old 02-26-2009, 02:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Answers to your questions

Below are the answers to your questions.

1. QB can not drop back beyond 25 yards.....cool, but how far back can a RB set up in the backfield- 15, or also 25? No portion of a RB base can be more than 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

2. We are aware of the team inspection rule, etc.....can you have two bases for the same player and switch during play as long both meet weight requirements? As the players and bases are weighed separately and you are allowed 6 extra bases you can switch a player's base. This can only be done before or after a play - you cannot switch bases during the course of a play.

3. No magnets allowed for secondary guys......please confirm that. No magnets are allowed. You are allowed to have your secondary guys set to spin and then adjust them to try to make a play on the ball.

4. Any offensive shifts allowed...It does not look as though allowed...please confirm. The offense is allowed to make 2 pivots - players cannot be motioned.

5. TTQB Pass misses target, hits another eligible receiver downfield...completion? John scored a TD on me this way....if it doesn't count....we tied! Guess what - you tied! When passing the ball with a TTQB you can only complete a pass by hitting the target. If it hits another receiver it is an incompletion.

George, I know you are busy so I just thought I would help with this one.

Joe G
MFCA Member #15
Old 02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Many Thanks, ....

Thank you Joe,

I appreciate it.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Let's hire Ed to rewrite the rules! All it will cost is a

Kicker!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Only SIW balls allowed

SIW stock felt stock footballs are the ONLY footballs allowed for TTQB passes and Kicking!

Guys, be careful on this. This is what eliminated me last year. I had a perfect score in the kicking competition using the standard brown rubber ball, but missed an extra point and a 25 yard FG and lost 7-6.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

George's tourney, wants his footballs. Miggle does the same with theirs.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Kickers

Use Geno's kicker. It doesn't matter what you kick with that thing! if you miss, you're getting your ball back out of the parking lot!

RAIDERMAN
Old 03-21-2009, 01:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Pass Simulation Sticks Sticky Situation

According to the rules on the pass simulation:

A pass is complete if an unintended receiver makes contact with the ball as described above before any other player but the ball can not be advanced and is down at that spot.

I've had this done to me and I've done it to others...so all I can say is be warned.

Let's say that you have two open guys in an area and you have a white stick distance on the stick. You can place the white stick at the front of the receiver's base and then angle it and set the ball at the end of the stick. Where it becomes "gamey" is if that ball happens to be just in front of your other guy.

Therefore, instead of your guy needing to travel 10 yards or so to get the ball, the other receiver just has to travel a small smidgeon and lo and behold he bumps the ball that was placed right in front of him. COMPLETE PASS. The only downside is that he doesn't get to advance like the first receiver would have...but nevertheless it is a pretty sure completion.

I mentioned it to George at the end of last year that maybe we should have one declared intended receiver only for the simulation sticks, but it appears as of the rules are still the same.

I'm bringing it up ahead of time just so everyone knows and if it is done to you, no complaining as you were warned.