Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 05:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

well, its the only tournament ive ever attended, and i wish you would have it every year. if its during our spring break, or if school is out, we will try to make it.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Agree with Mike...

...Reg have it in the spring of 2011 well before Canton. A great jump off for the CBSMF.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default broncos in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ain't been to TEXAS in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRONCOMAN
Old 04-28-2010, 10:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Come on Bronco Man

I will ref your games!!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

NUFF SAID!!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default march...

I can't think of a holiday around that time but spring break is in march and a lot of people have off and it would be convenient for them. I like the travel day idea and the media coverage is huge. Contending with march madness is a lose lose situation. I know your production quality and how this can turn out promotionally so its a no brainer from that perspective however, I believe enrollment will suffer if hosted on labor day weekend. To close 2 canton. That canton trip cost me over $1k last year between hotel, flight, food and buying efl goodies. So I don't know...what I do know is that april is nfl draft time and football fever is at an all time high so this might be a better time but you lose the flexibility that spring break offers. Touch decision but good options to have either way. Perhaps put up a poll and see what the community thinks
Old 04-29-2010, 12:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default BACK TO TX ISSS !!!!!!

REG,

I will be there before you and you live there!!!!!!!!

Labor day is way too late. WHY NOT PRO BOWL WEEKEND. It's the perfect time to swoop in directly after the nfl season. Maybe two weeks before march madness. What has to happen is coaches need time to recover from the miggle. But if you put it out there now coaches will begin to save for both tourneys. BUT THEY NEED TO KNOW SOONER THAN LATER. Also keep in mind it needs a major cushion between mfca conventions. After the MFCA convention is over some coaches may stop any travel for the year regarding electric football. This is great news. maybe the shootout needed a break but breaktime is up. More coaches have become familiar with the style so attendance shall triple. No more mystery about the box, now they know !

Coming to texas is a great experience. It's time the TEXAS SHOOTOUT opened it's doors again.

coming with the

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

MANTARAYDRE
Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Reggie count Tyler and I in if it does not conflict with the Mid America Melee. Both the Melee and the Beltsville Bash are held in April. I like the idea of Labor Day Weekend. You get an extra day to travel, so everyone could stay late on Sunday. It is the start of the football season, and interest will be at a fever pitch. Another thought would be the weekend right after Thanksgiving. President's day in Feb. is another possibility. What about Memorial Day weekend?? Doug

Head Coach Raymond Bulldogs: Lifetime record 3 - 2
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default plan it around Mermoral Day...it's a holiday in the spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Rutledge View Post
a great idea and I've got no problem with that. However, I do like to plan things around a holiday weekend so that the day can be used as a travel day and it gives one more complete day of playing without a lot of people losing time from work.

Find me a March day that stands around a holiday and we can do it in 2011! That will work out just fine. To me, March seems weird having a football tournament but that would probably be a good time to do it. Plus, it is only one weekend and something like that can be done.

However, I know Jim Davis was wanting to do a tournament and I was not sure of his date so that's why I had avoided the spring. I may ask him to see when he's doing his.

But I do like that Labor Day Weekend because the media outlets are always looking for stories about football during that time of year.

maybe this could work along your lines of a holiday.....
Old 04-29-2010, 01:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I like the Spring Break...

time suggested by Rookie. I took Mike's suggestion into consideration. When is Memorial Day Weekend?

I do like the 2 tournaments in one approach. I am starting to get emails from some people who want to play. There are many others who don't even come on here may want to play to.

I had been hoping some of these other guys here in Texas would take the "Bull/Longhorn by the horns" and create a tourney. No one seemed to one to "really" step up to the plate. It's a win-win for you if you do.

I have not worked out enough things to say it is a go but I do like where this is headed. If I did something like this, I know that the perfect weather would be late March/early April with temps in the 70's. I would like to see the championship game played outside under the lights in a jam-packed stadium with many "real" people watching and a catered barbeque evening of football. I would like to get some guys willing to set up cameras and do the work to make the production look as real as possible.

I want to show just how true-to-life this could be. I've already gotten confirmation from guys like Greg Hardmon, Kevin Boddie, Biglock, J-Boy, and those that have responded. I would expect a ton more!

If you've never been to Texas, this may be the one tournament that could be so good and so big that it would be worth it! I think we could have a "Who's Who" coming to Texas to compete for this.

It depends on what's on my plate, the time of year, and whether something like this would interfere with the CBSMF season. I like the argument that it could be a prelude to the CBSMF season. We will see.

Reg