Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 12:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Reggie

Man I wish you were correct but
I have only completed
The dolphins Off and def ( still need names and facemask)
The Steelers Off need names and facemask
Painted the Steelers Def

Finished the Bears def
Finished the Jets off

That is it !!

I dont know how you do it so fast

I see games coming around a year from know
Old 11-06-2009, 04:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

you're fast too ! and the result is impressive

I believe I'll finish my own first team O squad full customized (with resculpt job and no decals), then go like you on decals and no resculpt...you obtain (Rookie and Reginald) great results in a way faster time amount...

It 's why I'm wondering myself about my own custom job...passing 20hours on each fig, just to make cool macro (zoomed) pics of it...it's cool and interesting, but I don't think I'll do it every time, especially when I see the great results you guys obtain using "simplier" technic (I mean, I should perhaps say "clever" technic : no full resculpt and decals instead of hand painting ).

Yes, you convinced me. I'll finish the full heavily customized O squad for my 49ers (to compete in the MF.org paint contest), then I'll try your technics...so I'll be able to collect new teams before the next decades
Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I have been offering up so much...

information over the years, more than anyone else has ever come close to! Read the post! In those many post contains so much privileged information that has given me great success in what I do and have accomplish, yet some people take it as arrogance or "he thinks he knows it all".

I just be trying to share knowledge. Pretty soon, a lot of that information will be taken away. But the thing is, that information comes with years of trial and error - in other words, experience. So when I tell people the information, it is not to downgrade what someone else does by no means. It is to offer an efficient and quick solution to problems I have tackled countless amounts of times.

I guess that's what you call experience. So many things I've seen people do but I won't say anything because it's important that they develop their own experience and determine their own results. A recent post about how to pick up decals from the water. Everyone has their own methods but knowing how quickly I can do a quality team of 22 players gives me vital information to know that I can get results at a quicker pace than most.

I can customize 22 different players in 4 hours into different poses, paint the players, add decals, facemask, and grass, and then put gloves, shoes, and other assortments in 4 hours. But for me, every second counts because my customers at Footballfigure.net need their orders done and they should have first priority!

I remember one year, we had to get 8 teams of 40 plus players out to the NFL and the Seattle Seahawks. They were doing a commercial. They wanted this done in 4 days. Because we had a system down, it was not a problem. The commercial went off without a hitch and we got major props from the NFL. A similar thing happened with the University of Tennessee.

Sometimes I feel like I am on here just blowing steam. It may be better to just offer that type of information on FF.Net. I never want to insult anyone else contributions to the game and the knowledge they may want to share.

I think a lot depends on what you are trying to work towards. There's this constant dillema of quantity versus quality. For what I am attempting to do, it will have a definite quality appeal. If you come to my showroom, you will be blown away by the art that is upon you. But the quality of the work may not be my finest, but the quantity of teams that I have done will disguise little flaws that I may have overlooked.

Right now, I think I've got 16-17 teams finished. It has not been more than 5 weeks since I started on these teams. Some I have done in a day, others 2 days. I have enjoyed every minute of the work. But knowing the quick and easy secrets to doing the teams have given me all that I have needed. What else has helped is not playing in a league at this time. It's given me a great sense of peace of mind. It has allowed me the chance to visualize how I want to create my teams and when.

A plan of attack is so important. French Guy (Dimitri) is starting to figure it out. It's great bringing realism into the figure. It's even greater to give him everything that you think players should have. But the question becomes, "What's your primary focus - to play or not to play?" If it is to play, you need volume and more efficient techniques. If is is not to play and present it as great art, put all that you have into making him look as real as possible! I applaud those efforts!

But "The Rookie", all I can tell you is that when I walk into the Footballfigure.net Showroom at any hour, and I see on the wall, the 1975 Minnesota Vikings (40 players), OJ Simpson and the Electric Company, Johnny Unitas and that great 1970 team, The 1975 Steel Curtain, and the many different teams, I not only am amazed of the work but am proud of the methods it took to get to that point.

So I could tell you 100 things and someone else can tell you 100 other things in how to do this. But as I tell people over and over, "study who wins" and absorb from what you think is useful, whether it's from one person or another, and implement that information into your own playbook.

Reg
Old 11-06-2009, 07:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
But the question becomes, "What's your primary focus - to play or not to play?" If it is to play, you need volume and more efficient techniques. If is is not to play and present it as great art, put all that you have into making him look as real as possible!

So true ! It's why I decided to complete only the O squad with my current "showcase" technic (simply because since I started it with one technic, to keep a good overall aspect I have to use the same technics, of course).

I recently made my first game, and see what I have to do (tweaking for defense in prioritary, but creating accessories, training and learning the game of football, spreading info here in France, etc...), and if I spent all my free time on my figures "heavy customizing", yes in 2010 I will be the owner of a beautiful team...but the other aspects of the hobby will not have been improved at all.

I want to play, duo and solitaire, and maybe in league play one day, I want to paint plenty of teams (saints, rams, Packers, NY...) I want to improve my game and tweaking skills, not just passing weekends with a brush...

So this week end I'll complete my O line for the MF.org contest, then I'll work on the "stars" of the O squad the same way (so I should finish my O squad before the end of the year), and after that I'll go for a more pragmatic approach.

edit : but I'll at least try to keep my painting technic (except hand painted numbers and logos, I'll replace it by decals) on the next projects, since I believe "classic" figures painting point of view can be a major improvement in MF

Last edited by the french guy : 11-06-2009 at 07:31 AM.