Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaynDaPain View Post
Man am I excited! My Steelers went into the half up 10-6, and even though Big Ben is injured, Leftwich is throwing great and it's 1st and goal on the 1 yd line and my Steelers are about to score again. I know this isn't electric football related but this is my thread...I'll bring up! lol While I was typing this Parker goes in for the TD, we're up 16-6...******? We missed the extra point? huh? Anyhow this is a great day and game!
Was just watching that, right off the upright!
Taylor
Old 11-04-2008, 02:39 AM
ShaynDaPain

Shut out them Skins in the second half! YEAAHH!!!

Well back to EF. I just want to thank this community for all the support they give to rookie coaches like myself. I'll be continuing with my posts here to let people know about my growing pains. I think that will help in a small way to give back to this community. Hopefully over time I'll be able to repay all the help I've received. Thanks ya'll.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up welcome Coach...

.....YOUR JOURNEY NOW BEGINS...
Old 11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
ShaynDaPain

Ok so update on my journey then. This should be called day one really, because it's the day I went to get my boards and team out of storage. I also got my dremel (two of them) and my best tool box. Very nice plastic box with a lot of space. I wish I had more compartments for my left over pieces, because I'm very sure I'll be cutting some bodies up soon, and I'll need more containers for paints, glue, clear coat and just to store my bases and other stuff I imagine. I'll worry about that later.
My shopping list for this week includes:
1-Flat-nose non-teeth pliers
2-two or three cutting knives.
3-apoxy, or dry-hard puddy (Just going to get what is available for a cheap price at michaels)
4-glue
5-Paint (I have to choose a team first to make before I settle on paints (Any suggestions on a team you'd like to see???)
6-order some more figures. Most likely going to settle on some miggle pro-line and/or buzzball.
7-cutting board (don't wanna mess up my table, and I don't own a work bench.

Items I have:
1-Two dremals and a lot of bits...a lot.
2-candle warmer
3-bases(got some on the way and I have abut 30 ITZ's I think they're called.
4-two boards both are 500 series so I can use them for testing.
5-large tool box with some extra tools that may or may not be helpfull.

Is there anything else the community can think of that could help me get started?
I'm mostly interested in getting into customization for the moment. Of course I need to learn strategy, gameplay, passing, and all that, I'll work on that as well.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 PM
ShaynDaPain

I've seen some GREAT pictures of figures on here. But my pictures are coming out very bright, sometimes too dark, my figures are still very raw, but there detail really doesn't show at all...

Anyhow I've farted around for 30 minutes now and twisted a few figures out. I still have to add some clay/apoxy, do some sanding and some final touches before I can paint...So mind you these guys are very ugly and burned.

Last edited by ShaynDaPain : 11-05-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yo !!!!!!!!!!!!

You are off to a G R E A T start my man. shoot, you dont need our help. looks like you will be showing us a few things in just a few months.
Very good job in your first try. keep it up.

when using apoxy sculpt or clays of that nature, checkout threads from "Franny-J-Boy" about his "Houston Oilers" (drop these key words in the search box above). you will see some out-of-this-world figs done using the sculpting clays. also, "5-13" Chris Fields rocks some really detailed figs with the way he paints them. other guys to look at are "ONE2WATCH" and "MEGAWATZ". they have some nice pics of the custom figs they have done. there are many more if you search, but they have come to mind right now.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:29 AM
ShaynDaPain

I'm stuggling to think of a team I really want to make. I would normally create my Steelers or the niners or even the raiders. Unfortunately the league I'm going to join already has all of those teams.

So I'm looking into these teams.

Eagles
Bears
Rams
Cowboys
Bills

Ok I gt a few more players to show you. I don't have paint yet, because I'm still not sure what team I'm going to make yet.

Last edited by ShaynDaPain : 11-05-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:55 AM
ShaynDaPain

Ok here are some problems I've had so far. 1 is my heat source/lighter sometimes get's too hot. Hands and feet melt and turn into short stubby legs/arms.
The helmets continue to look kinda crappy no matter what I've tried...I think face masks will help.
Obviously paint is a problem. I went to Michael's today and they didn't have a dark navy blue paint, I was thinking of making them the bears. So I thought of making the eagles, unfortunately they were out of green...dangit! lol
Anyhow it's going good. Anybody have any tips for me? Maybe on how to take better pictures?
I also don't have all the tools (flat nosed pliers) but so far it's been pretty easy going and fun.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:36 AM
WallyJ

You are off to a great start the player figures look great.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

GREAT STUFF!

Here's a tip, if you're using a lighter make sure to hit the figure with the blue part of the flame. Do your best to avoid hitting the figure with the tip of the flame as it will melt and blacken easier. Often times I will split the figure in two (lower body and upper body) and shape them seperately in order to avoid the issue of the flame hitting areas that I don't want it to.

Its refreshing to see the energy you bring, makes me want to get on the bench tonight to create some new figures tonight. Keep up the good work.
Joe