Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That's Just Beautiful

MAN WHAT A SWEET TROPHY....NOW THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT....THATS SWEET
Old 02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default nice hardware, I mean Chrystal.......

Love the trophy ....
Old 02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Glefl

I also would like to commend the GLEFL on a fantastic show yesterday. It was my first chance to see the game played in that manner, and needless to say I was most impressed. Actually awestruck is a better word, from the pre-game breakfast to the post game interviews, these guys do it right and they do it together. As Norbert had said previously, the Tony-Cam, Steve's tirelessness details, Greg's control of the game & spectators, Ken's & Jimbo's video of the game, J. Easy and Damon's stat & clock control was outstanding and all the other behind the scenes work done by the coaches not in the big game was unbelievable. These guys really work together, and man do they have alot of fun doing it. For me thats what really hit home is how much fun they had, and the enjoyment these guys share. It was also good to meet Chuck, Michigan Joe and Sean, and others. It definately got me fired up my leagues that are getting started. Thanks again for a great event, and thanks to Pat, Will for inviting & getting me there, and to Crandog for the original email to get this all started. Cheers to you all!!
Old 02-25-2008, 03:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Man.....

.....that is one helluva trophy!!! Congrats to the winner and my man Norb!!! No matter what you do my friend you will always be a champ bro!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:39 PM
JIMBO

Default Good Stuff!

From Chuck Lawrence letting Joe and I crash at his place - Steve also, but we missed his exit and had to make on the fly arrangements with Chuck - to the invasion of Bob evans for breakfast to the gameday setup by Tony, Steve and Greg to the pregame show and interviews to the outstanding game itself to the team selections for next year and finally the farewell fanfare, WHAT A WEEKEND!!! I'm glad I was allowed to be a part of it all!!! Thanks guys.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks anytime Jimbo.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Bump

Gotta Let The Trophy Get Its True Props
Old 02-26-2008, 06:08 PM
MrMichigan

Default Thank you

Norbert, thank you for the kind words. Glad you like what we did for the Super Bowl. My end of it was no problem at all. It is something I always like to do to bring out a good thing.

Also I would like to thank everyone else that replied and gave us props on what we can do for the GLEFL. Means a lot to me and I am sure it means a lot to Greg and Steve too. Thank you!

I personally would like to thank all of you that came from other STATES to show up and watch our Super Bowl. That alone shows us how much respect you guys have for the GLEFL. Thank you!

I feel this super bowl turn out great, due to ALL of us bring our skills together and people from all over showing up to support the GLEFL and helping out in anyway that they can. We did all this at the GLEFL Super Bowl and it work out great!

This Super Bowl showed the fellowship we have with one another in the GLEFL. I am looking forward on all of us joining together again in season 8 of the Great Lakes EFL and carring over our fellowship in season 8.

Now all we would need to see in season 8 is Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Super Bowl 8. Then that would top off an awesome season.

Norbert, I also want to say that you and your team played a great game. I really respected how you clap for Simmie scoring on you. That shows your great character you have, along with how competitve you are. Two great things to have in this game. Glad to have you playing in the GLEFL.

Sincerely,
Tony Johnson
Old 02-26-2008, 08:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thank You

I first want to thank everyone that came to the GLEFL Super Bowl. I am glad to hear that you guys enjoyed how we put on a show, we feel that it should be a celebration. Tookie and Norbert worked hard to get to this game and they deserve to have a show for their hard work.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words, we have a lot of people that work hard to try and make the participate feel what they accomplished was well deserved. What Tony did was simply amazing, from the sky cam set up to the banners and the trophy back ground seen, I was blown away. I want to thank you my friend for your contrubution to help make this what it was.
Steve I like to thank you for the set up you did with the staduim and jumbo tron, and taking time out to do the pregame interviews, outstanding work.
Jim Davis you were keeping stat of the game and to take it further doing play by play was outstanding work, that what I am talking about.
Damon thank for keeping the time on every play and for the film crew, Ken A, Shawn and Jimbo, the shots you guys took and the different angle is going to make this a great DVD, Thank you so much for filming such a great game.

This was one of the best electric football game I have ever witness, we had players getting ran over and we had a fumble, we some of the hardest hits I had witnessed. This was a true chest match played by to great coaches.

Again I want to thank everyone for the kind word and for all that attended and took part in this unbelivable game.

Greg H

Last edited by ghardmon : 02-26-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Congratulations GLEF

You guys are a class act.

One thing that reasonates with me when I think of you guys - is that you truly enjoy being around each other. You stand for each others success. Meaning -you are as proud and happy for every achievement that your league mates might garner. I've never heard or witnessed any of you speak a disparaging word about one or another.

Are you perfect? Of course not - every league has challenges. The hardest thing isn't starting it. It is simply keeping it together and keeping it fresh. Reinventing your platform be it with more excitement (as you did at the big dance) or through a simple rules tweak.

I didn't get a chance to thank you guys for a nice time in Livonia. I wasn't feeling well (okay we won't talk about Friday - wouldn't want to put my foot in my mouth...).

Thank you to each of you for your posts. I would imagine you feel like I do when I see my league mates after a tough week. I am legitimately glad to see each of them. One thing that EF allows us to do is to connect as adults (men and women). Something happens to us after we turn 25 years old or so. EF allows us to reel in a little intimacy and keep the competitive juices flowing even after life somehow tends to dampen our flame.

For Tookie - I did want this for you...
For Norbert - I still think your $25 dollar row is akin to the gold standard in the hobby

Damon - I didn't want this for you. To all others - enjoy your off-season or until the next time you strap it up.

Ed Scott