Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 06:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I just remodeled my garrage into a EF room myself and here in california we also have the rule that if i covered the ceiling i have to "PAY" as they consider it a new addition to the house !!

What i did was to paint the rafters bright white and added the lights in between them hanging down alittle (floresent bulb lights) and used a bulb that simulates daylight so they are pretty bright and add natural color boosts so that the colors of the boards /players look natural and bright.

I covered the walls with a thin plywood and painted it white also to brighten up the room and it also allows me to hang anything i want anywhere.

as for the floors i used a garrage floor paint to cover over the cement, it just paints on with a roller.... and when dry is very durrable and is water and oil resistant and is non slip! plus easy to keep clean...just a sweep and mop.
you can get it in a variety of colors also

hope that helps or gives ya some ideas to use.

Good luck.... and enjoy the time you spend building your new room.... believe me, on your first game day at your new place you will be so proud to show it off !!

Last edited by Pirate Rick : 07-30-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Hey Tim, How about a picture of your room.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Water issue

Go with a good green indoor outdoor carpet,it will not be ruined if it gets wet...I know from years of experience.If and when it gets wet use a shop vac to draw the water out as best you can and then run a small electric heater on the spot for a couple of hours and it will dry out.Check out your local garage sales or flea market for a good size used TV, hook up your lap top and use it for your stadium clock....we have two,one at each end of the basement.A small dorm refrigerator is a good addition...gotta have refreshments on hand, we have an electric hot dog cooker and popcorn machine also.Shelving units along the walls for storage will be needed.See if you can find some bar stools, they are perfect for a game room,are easier to move around,take up less space than chairs and are taller,just about the right height for a game table.Don't forget your coat rack and waste cans. Metal standings and scoreboard with magnetic numbers is a must if your into league play,junkyard a good spot to find large old metal signs that can be repainted for standings board.A used microwave is a cool addition too.
Sounds like a lot of money but you will be surprised how many of these things you will get for little or no cost at all,your league members will come up with lots of stuff once the hunt begins.
I know,our stadium has been going since 1982 and you would not believe the stuff we have picked up along the way and almost all of it for free.
We have everything mentioned above and at no cost.
Good luck,have a great time and if you need something let me know the CEFL would love to donate.
Larue
Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Coach

Default .

Use Kilz on the walls to cover the stains before painting. I would put in a drop ceiling with recessed lighting. If you don't, paint everything above your head white to reflect the light, whichever you use.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up "Red"

All of it Red floor, Red ceiling, Red walls, Red appliances with gold trimmings! oh ya Red lights also! imagine that
Old 07-31-2010, 03:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
All of it Red floor, Red ceiling, Red walls, Red appliances with gold trimmings! oh ya Red lights also! imagine that
and you'll be able to organize the first miniature football tournament with sun glasses
Old 07-31-2010, 12:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Bruce you have given me a wonderful idea. Instead of an EFL room I will call it THE BLACK HOLE. Thanks Bruce. Hey doesnt Home Depot sell paint in NFL colors.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Here is a poster that I can send you for your "black holed" theme. There were many others i would of liked to of posted, but I would have had to ban myself.
Attached Images

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 07-31-2010, 08:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

where are you located? I would consider helping you do this for a fee. I'm starting up my own remodeling business, but I'm in Dallas.

I doubt very seriously you'll be done by end of August.

Also consider sky blue for the ceiling color if you want an "outdoor" feel to the room. Being football themed that might be something you would consider. Indoor / outdoor carpet or a greenish concrete stain with sky blue ceiling would feel nice I think.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default It may be

a bit costly, but do the walls with drywall, then apply some paint, then put in some drop cellings with maybe a couple of 2"x4" lights, they would add more then enough light that you are looking for. You can do this all yourself, as I just completed my basement.

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL