Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2011, 09:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Post Thats an amazing tutorial.....

keep us all learning in the hobby Coach Keep it coming....Frosty Rookies tweak video next ?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
You must admit there is much more work to it. It seems worth it though.
In other words, I won't build a team in a week, maybe a month. But if money is the issue, not time, this is the avenue we need to create to keep those individuals in the hobby.

Just my thoughts.

Let's get that tweaking video with that new tool going!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Reaaly like this video, this will help me a LOT!!!

Benster from north of the border
Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Hmmmmmmm...Super Pro-Lines.......that sounds familiar...........let me think.....wait...........I remember now.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WARNING

As i re-read my post, i realized, was awaaaaaayyyyyy.

Questions

Why was the base able to perform so well? How were both bases tweaked?
Where they done the same, meaning 3/4 down the back prongs and the full length down the fronts?
Just wondering how much of it was the tool, and how much of it was the tweaker, and how much of it were the bases used and how much of this is the style of tweak, applied.

I have recently learned that different pliers work better for different bases, atleast for me.
I have recently learned that different bases need to be tweaked differently, as the same "science" cannot be applied to all bases as a blanket.

I bring this up cause for me, one who gets kids and every-now-and-then, other adults, involved in the game, TWEAKING the bases is the part that makes or breaks the interest of the interested. TOO many times i have lost the "30 minute time span to impress me" gameshow, because FIRST, i had to tweak the bases to get the men to move right. Now, the interested person has interest in tweaking, but if they are brand new, they dont quite understand the effects, affects and residual gains of a well tweaked base. By the time the figures move in a fashion of interest, or not how they did as kids, the attention span of the interested person is about up. Sure, we play and have fun, but it doesnt lead to too much future interest. Maybe its me, the teacher? - Perhaps.
OR
Maybe we either need bases that come runningly tweaked right out the box, or we need tweaking secrets, tweaking ideas, tweaking knowledge, tweaking philosophies, tweaking tips and all things tweaking informartion - to be disclosed to the masses, if in fact, we are aspiring to our own MFCA mission statement.
Good tweaking is achievable with practice, but in the age where Electric Football is battling advances in game technology, tweaking is also just too darn complicated. Wish there were an easier way.

Whew, that was alot. Dont even know if this post was appropriate for this thread.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Let's try to make sense of all this Hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOP View Post
As i re-read my post, i realized, was awaaaaaayyyyyy.

Questions

Why was the base able to perform so well?

Response: The short of it is that my theory is SP's break down with heat and the vibration does not flow through the reeds when heat alters their structure.

How were both bases tweaked?

Response: By using the best tweak tools available for the type of base tweaked. The tools are similar but one is designed for lighter cold pressure (first run), and heavier cold pressure (SP's). First run's have the luxury of still working with heat. SP's took a slight cut while first runs seem to lose with each cut.

Where they done the same, meaning 3/4 down the back prongs and the full length down the fronts?

Response: You should be confused here. There is no set way to tweak a base. Each is different. Tweak to your player not to a designation. Success is when it works perfectly on that man and not on any others of a different shape. Tweaking is an art form not a mechanical function. I personally disagree with any other conventional wisdom and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Just wondering how much of it was the tool, and how much of it was the tweaker, and how much of it were the bases used and how much of this is the style of tweak, applied.

Response: The tool for the SP's. While tweaking with Vince, who chose the material for the base, I discovered that he was very cautious with heat. Well, who would know better than him? I don't know if he did it instinctively or not. Up to that point I was only successful using "heat and tweak" on one SP. Of course some of it was the tweaker. I am a professional and you can bet that my skill set that helped bring this to light. Regardless to that the importance is not in being a professional but being able to acheive the same level of success without going broke.

I have recently learned that different pliers work better for different bases, atleast for me.

Response: please see above

I have recently learned that different bases need to be tweaked differently, as the same "science" cannot be applied to all bases as a blanket.

Response: Covered this

I bring this up cause for me, one who gets kids and every-now-and-then, other adults, involved in the game, TWEAKING the bases is the part that makes or breaks the interest of the interested.

Response: True. But if you can't do it in that time frame why are you trying? Not fair to you, the kids, or the point you are trying to make.

TOO many times i have lost the "30 minute time span to impress me" gameshow, because FIRST, i had to tweak the bases to get the men to move right. Now, the interested person has interest in tweaking, but if they are brand new, they dont quite understand the effects, affects and residual gains of a well tweaked base. By the time the figures move in a fashion of interest, or not how they did as kids, the attention span of the interested person is about up. Sure, we play and have fun, but it doesnt lead to too much future interest. Maybe its me, the teacher? - Perhaps.

Response: Presentation is everything. I look at recruiting like playing a championship game. Have you ever watched one of those cooking shows where most of the components are in place including the finished product. Show tweaking in increments with a beginning to finished product. Yes, it is the teacher as you do not have the proper tools in place to teach. Teaching, especially to kids, is done in components one linked to the other to fully grasp a concept. I learned this helping my four boys with their homework then coaching baseball.

OR
Maybe we either need bases that come runningly tweaked right out the box, or we need tweaking secrets, tweaking ideas, tweaking knowledge, tweaking philosophies, tweaking tips and all things tweaking informartion - to be disclosed to the masses, if in fact, we are aspiring to our own MFCA mission statement.

Response: Forget it. Molding is imperfect. Their are many tweaking secrets, ideas and knowledge. Many people become good tweakers by reading tips on this site, and many don't. People acheive success so many different ways it is astounding. Find what works for you then perfect it.

Good tweaking is achievable with practice, but in the age where Electric Football is battling advances in game technology, tweaking is also just too darn complicated. Wish there were an easier way.

Response: I feel your frustration is the main thing prohibiting your growth. There is a hint of impatience present in your dialogue. It appears that you are spending a great deal of time analyzing the concept instead of applying it. Expect failures. It is the key to success. I watched one coach go from a wide eyed punching bag to one of the most prolific tweakers in the country is six months. He did HIS thing, right Norbert. Sure, he learned from Simmie, Shaun, Jimmy, et al but then he did HIS thing. Do YOUR thing

Whew, that was alot. Dont even know if this post was appropriate for this thread.
Response: And why not?

Hope this helps!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

THERE IS NO MAGIC
#1.TWEAK TOOL
or
#2. BASE
or
#3. METHOD

TWEAKING IS AN ART JUST AS PAINTING IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OF the basic knowledge is out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL types of bases will produce talent that you need.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com

Last edited by Geno H : 02-21-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
Response: And why not?

Hope this helps!
Thanks for that response Ken, and Geno as well.

To clarify.... My tweaking growth is cool and just might be the next Jamel G (see me next Dec during the BAM playoffs). My frustration in dialogue comes from teaching others and doing it within the time frame of what their interest will hold. As i have experienced, they see the game, become wide eyed and want to know how its played. After a quick tutorial with tweaked men, they are open. But when it comes to having to tweak the bases real quick first, i lose that window of certain interest. Just wish there were an easier way besides having tweaked bases ready to go at the drop of the dime haningin in my pocket at all times. (Actually, thats not that bad of an idea for a loser like me).

Thanks for the response though and the few tips of clarification shared.

Love the part about (in short) tweaking bases to how it works for you. There is no ONE way to do things. One has to be open to all knowledge and find what fits your way achieving the success.

Thank you Mr. Coordinator
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wow!

Great questions and points Hoop. Awsome responses Sweetka and Geno. I've been following this thread and up until now felt like there were things being left 'unsaid.' Now we have some helpful dialog going.

I agree with all points. As a relatively new member, MF'er, and tweaker I agree that it would be wonderful to be able to purchase new bases, tweaked and ready to play. I guess you can if you're willing to pay.

All the information needed to learn to tweak is here, but, unless your well versed in the terminology it can be very overwhelming. I couldn't tell a first run from an Excalibur a few months ago and I still can't tell you if the bases I'm using are first run, fourth run, SP, or something else; let alone if they should or should not get heat when being tweaked. I'm getting better but I've invested a ton of time, and what for me is a lot of money in order to 'learn' this hobby.

I'd guess I'm the exception. I'd guess, not many people are willing to do what most of us (MFCA members) do. If we want the hobby to grow we have to find a way to endeer the game itself to people who are interested but cannot or do not want to invest large amounts of time and money. People who just want to pull out their board now and then and play a game with the kids need a place amoung us. That is the key to growing the hobby as I see it.

Now I know I'm way off the topic of this thread so I'll let it go at that and see where it goes.

One other thought though. If I do by some quality, professionally tweaked bases, how long will that tweak last and what do I need to do in order to maintain/restore it over time?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Just didn't know . . . .

It was being received that way. I just did something I had limited success with in the past and wanted to share. DRK I shall work on simplifying in the future. My understanding is that Geno is doing an article on Prolines in the "Tweak Magazine". I strongly suggest you get that info.