Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THAT'S TRUE

They are alot sturdier than the miggle footballs. But you know, if a coach plays an entie game with the edfw's and wins. And the other coach used the regular miggle footballs. you know that coach who lost will say, " I lost but he was using a bigger football to pass ". I guess you woul have to view the percentage rate of the edfw's during the course of a game. If a coach missies his first five passes with one, then what difference is it really going to make. he will probably miss with anything

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 11-20-2009, 02:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I like the edfw

I like the edfw balls. We can use them in the dixie league. The biggest thing I like about the ball is that you can tell when you complete a pass. I know for a fact I have hit the receiver with a pass with the smaller ball and the person that I'm playing would say NO NO Incomplete. Well with this ball there is no dout when you hit the WR. I also think that it promotes offense and is more in line with NFL passing percentiges. Don't get me wrong I use and like the miggle felt ball, and I'm just as effective with it as I'm with the edfw. I just fill that It is more player friendley with the game, and helps promote the hobby easer to new players.

Last edited by Butch Carter : 11-20-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default oh yeah

they dont fray after a couple games like the miggle balls,but i never thought of shrinking them, great post buddy.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default butch i agree

butch cart,

I agree it is more player friendly and promotes a little more offense. Your right, many times i would see a coach throw a pass and BOTH COACHES are unsure if the pass was complete or incomplete. They ref also sometimes. This is the case sometimes with kicking . I was just wondering if anyone allowed them for use in a league around the country. Glad to hear you enjoy throwing with them.

Thanx
mantaraydre
Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
Now thats the first time i ever heard that tip. I got a whole bunch of these.
so do i.....i will have to try this
Old 11-20-2009, 05:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking in season one

in the glefl we could use any ball we wanted, but that changed because some people felt it was to easy to complete a pass,but i feel it dosnt really matter what football you throw ,if u are a good passer unlike myself ,i cant hit a wr with a basketball.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default lol....

nerf
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
I could care less as long as its within reason and a coach isn't passing with a miniature nerf football.....it should have semblance to what is issued by miggle and others....I shrink them down to an acceptable size...I like them because they are stable and not all frayed....
Old 11-20-2009, 07:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Carter View Post
I like the edfw balls. We can use them in the dixie league. The biggest thing I like about the ball is that you can tell when you complete a pass. I know for a fact I have hit the receiver with a pass with the smaller ball and the person that I'm playing would say NO NO Incomplete. Well with this ball there is no dout when you hit the WR. I also think that it promotes offense and is more in line with NFL passing percentiges. Don't get me wrong I use and like the miggle felt ball, and I'm just as effective with it as I'm with the edfw. I just fill that It is more player friendley with the game, and helps promote the hobby easer to new players.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default bigger is good!

The bigger ball takes away most controversial hits or misses. Most coaches I have played really fire bullet passes. You can hardly tell if a pass is completed with the smaller ball. Now, I pass with the efw leather ball (bigger size). There is no doubt about completions with this ball. You got to throw with touch so you will not knock your receiver over. I have no problems playing with the leather ball and there is no controversy either!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default edfw

Does anyone have any edfw ball for sale? I only have one, and I would like to buy 6. Joel P1 give me the one I have and it would be nice to have a back up.