Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Coach View Post
Mike,

Don’t do that. You’re trying to set me up. Before I make any more statements, I want Vince to answer my previous posts. I accused him of being a bully because he crushed Bluesman. He hasn’t answered. His stats are ridiculous.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Ya... it's obvious he knows something that his leaguemates don't..

BUT.. Anyone who can get their line to stick together, as was posted.... Well that comes from lots of prep time and the willingness to devote the time it takes to do it..

One other difference.. We (the TAEFL).. tend to share information amongst ourselves.. NOT everything mind you.. but enough to make almost every game hinge on a couple of plays, one way or another. We want to see our leaguemates do well on the national stage.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default guys.....

please dont turn this into a blast vince post.... he does what he does from years of experience on the vibro-turf crackin heads..and countless hours spent in his game room tweaking on bases and trying things most wont try.
Vince is NOT being an idiot or arrogant about the whole thing, in fact he is teaching me how to do what he does, not telling me . too bad kid just figure it out. so guys please.. dont crank on vince for being so good.... believe me.. he had to earn every thing he knows by spending time working on bases and figures just like the rest of us. the only difference between vince and everyone else is the amount of time he dedicates to his craft.
how many of us spend at least 2 hours a day, every day working on ef stuff? probley not to many of us... but he does...every day...without skipping a single day because he loves it so much.
with that kind of dedication to his craft no wonder the man is so good. and i hope it is not wrong of me to say but.... i want to be that good too.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

that is what seperates the best from the rest in any walk of life, dedication and practice.
MFCA member #31
Old 04-06-2008, 01:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Weak Competition

Bill,

I think you’re right. Vince plays in a league where coaches don’t help each other learn and develop. It’s truly every man for himself in his league. It’s not cheating, but to me it’s unethical.

If I know that I am scrimmaging against a newcomer, I am not going to crush him because I can. I’ll do something like give him a hole to run through and allow him to see it develop. If he doesn’t have any teams, I will allow him to use one of my teams in an effort to show him the mechanics of the hobby. Of course, I will allow this only under my supervision.

Along with keeping everyone in his league ignorant in regards to the hobby, his competition is extremely weak. As a result, he can get away with big play after big play.

He spanks his opponents so badly; he probably doesn’t receive kick offs. He gets only punts.

I am not denying the conditioning of Vince’s team. Any man that can train his team to perform at a high level is outstanding. Moreover, I want to learn from him. I question his opponent’s capability to make him work for his yards.

It doesn’t matter how good a team is. If that team is met with controlled resistance, that good team will be forced to progress in stages during a game. A touchdown will be scored as a result of a steady drive; not from a single play. Single big plays happen rarely in games. They don’t happen one play after another resulting in astronomical stats.

7,900 yds per season; over half of those yards he was not forced work for.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-06-2008, 02:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Hold on to your hats, this is getting good.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL DOWNS View Post
Here is where the good fun HYPE can be mentioned!
Electric coach- Vince will be at the SeaWall Brawl i think. he is coming in from the left coast to do his thing. Perhaps you can get your chance then to play him and check these line skills we hear about.
(now the smack talk portion of our post)
i'll bring my video camera and donate THAT footage to your YouTube project

ALL IN GOOD FUN

ENJOY THE UPCOMING WEEK, HAVE A GOOD ONE
Absolutely hilarious, rolling on the floor with laughter!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby J View Post
Hold on to your hats, this is getting good.
No no no.. lol

I just uttered, through typing.. the obvious...
My post was no great epiphany to anyone..

I'm like Electric Coach.. I'd love to have some of the knowledge Vince obviously has obtained through years of practice.. An offensive line that'll stay together like that is excellent..

You can put away the popcorn and get out of the lounger.. there is no show..

Take Care Man.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i am doing the same thing with your post.....

"Hold on to your hats, this is getting good."

Let me just say though, i didnt mean to get anything going. this was a good time to just get in some "ALL IN GOOD FUN" jokes.

Bluesman, i am sorry this is getting out of hand and cats are gettin on VInce. i totally got what you were saying in the very first post. i actually thought it was cool. but now.......uh oh. gettin outta hand here is it?

hope it doenst go too far.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Joke Too

I am all for jokes too. I am blown away those stats. This is heavy on my mind. I am not interested in starting anything negative. This is only discussion for me.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-06-2008, 05:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I don't know Vince, but I know a few guys in the LA area who speak very highly of his knowledge and skill level. I also greatly doubt he is getting these stats by beating up on rookie coaches all the time, there is a tremendous group of skilled coaches out here. Bluesman 280 is no slouch on the field himself. He has tons of knowledge and has learned from some of the best, for him to get pushed around like that is no easy task for the average or even above average coach to do, so what happened to him came from the sheer genius of his opponent in my opinion.

Closed Thread