Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2006, 07:25 PM
TheTweakFreak

When playing out in public venues it is "One-Stop" (very misleading term sometimes) by far over "Multi-Stop" (another very loose term).

At home I play neither. I play a form of what we use to use back in the mid 1980's. It is neither multi nor one stop by definition. It really has no definition. But I guess since we're working with one and multi terms I can offer some sort of comparison term. Best I can do is Limited Stop. Meaning in comparison to the other two.... Usually more than one stop (but not always) but not every X seconds either. There are time phase elements involved on proper plays that logically support it. Other aspects are dictated by movement of the players on the board. It's the most fun for me over all other systems I've played under. But it is definitely not mainstream.

-Mike Pratt
Old 11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up one stop

offence already has the advantage to add multiple clicks only serves the offence even more .with 1 click the pass rush is afforded the hurry up by forcing the QB to stop play .if u then can click again can the uningaged players be angled ?if not that kills hurry ups QBs can see that hes not in danger .if OF players can be angled at all that amounts to turn & burn is that where we want to go ?DBs only have a small window when it comes to coverage, if u add more options to the OF i feel would only serve to tip the game even further .a clean straight forward set of rules limiting coach interference during plays is the way to limit confusion & promote cooperation between the leagues .let your hard work & the bases play.remember this is a game, played with chess pieces let the rules reflect that & not the notion that this is real with real players .peace
Old 11-20-2006, 08:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Alright, This is good!

[i]Well I am so pleased that we are able to chat about this subject. I hope that we can keep an open mind, and try to understand.

1: There is nothing wrong with one stop, IF that is what you like ! Play it, be happy with it.

2: If you have never played in the MPFL System, ( I hate the term multi-stop ) then you really have not understanding of what it takes to play.

3: You can't combine the two styles, it would be like playing chess with checker pieces. ( no disrespect intended ). The foundations of the two are not the same.

4: One point that coaches of the one stop miss is " The turning of the players represent individual players reaction. "

Think of this, YOU are in a real game, lets say your the MLB. The ball is snapped, you are holding your position, and READING the movement of the O line ( 1 the snap ) You see that the play is moving to your right, what do you do ? drop back, or stay home ? or attact ? You see the hand off ( 2 ) the back cuts back, now what do you do ? ( 3 )

It is all about move and counter move. There is no game played, baseball, basketball, football ect that the players are not able to react to the movement in front of them.

My system allows you to do just that. Now without getting offended, there is no way on earth that a base without being turned can change direction 2to4 times durring the play development. I know that this is true because I played one stop most of my life.

Please lets not debat one stop with MPFL there not the same. If your happy with one stop then be happy with it. You have no reason to defend that style, or prove a point, it is not about that.

We just want to show what my system does, what it offers.

Attached Images

Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Moetown

Ok I Was Not Dissing The Mpfl Style Because As We Spoke On The Phone About...i Would Like To Try The Style Before Prejudging....and Being A Former Football Player And Coach At The Semi Pro Level, I Feel Like This Will Challenge My Football Knowledge And Allow Me To Transfer That Knowledge To The Ef Field...all I Was Trying To State Was That It Is Very Possible To Run The Similiar Plays In One Stop That You Run In The Mpfl...burgess We Spoke About This At Great Length And You Know That I Understand Your System And I Am Not Trying To Disrespect Your System....just Wanna Play Ef And Enjoy The Game While Playing Whether It Be One Stop Mpfl Or Any Other Style That I Will Try In The Future .....
Peace

Morgan
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Think about this ?

I understand what your saying, but you are just speculating on something you have never tryed with an open mind. It is clear that you like the one stop style and that is wonderful. But truly speaking, your opion on a subject that you have never played "MPFL" is very bias.
Is it fair to stop the game to avoid a sack ? Is it far that the defence can not react, after all that IS what the defence does right? Should a person learn about a subjust befor commenting on it ?
How about asking question with the heart and mind to learn?

Yes, uningaged players can be turned! There is so much more to this system then you know, and I will share it with you if you honestly want to learn. just call me 703-855-6072, I will be more than happy to talk to you about. I stand behind my work 120%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawattz View Post
offence already has the advantage to add multiple clicks only serves the offence even more .with 1 click the pass rush is afforded the hurry up by forcing the QB to stop play .if u then can click again can the uningaged players be angled ?if not that kills hurry ups QBs can see that hes not in danger .if OF players can be angled at all that amounts to turn & burn is that where we want to go ?DBs only have a small window when it comes to coverage, if u add more options to the OF i feel would only serve to tip the game even further .a clean straight forward set of rules limiting coach interference during plays is the way to limit confusion & promote cooperation between the leagues .let your hard work & the bases play.remember this is a game, played with chess pieces let the rules reflect that & not the notion that this is real with real players .peace
Old 11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default It's Cool

Hey Morgan, I'm not offended, not at all. Please don't feel that way. I just don't want coaches to compair the two like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moetown View Post
Ok I Was Not Dissing The Mpfl Style Because As We Spoke On The Phone About...i Would Like To Try The Style Before Prejudging....and Being A Former Football Player And Coach At The Semi Pro Level, I Feel Like This Will Challenge My Football Knowledge And Allow Me To Transfer That Knowledge To The Ef Field...all I Was Trying To State Was That It Is Very Possible To Run The Similiar Plays In One Stop That You Run In The Mpfl...burgess We Spoke About This At Great Length And You Know That I Understand Your System And I Am Not Trying To Disrespect Your System....just Wanna Play Ef And Enjoy The Game While Playing Whether It Be One Stop Mpfl Or Any Other Style That I Will Try In The Future .....
Peace

Morgan
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Beenutt,

Cell (724)944-2670-work(724)656-3570 New Castle Police Dept.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hey Dm,
I am not sure what you ment by timed stoppages in advance.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Decal Master

Send Anthony a PM. He will explain it to you.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mike, your system...

Tweak freak,

Can you explain your style in more detail? It sounds very interesting to me. I'm looking for a style that I would like to play in my solitaire league - I've been trying different ways of stopping the board and so forth.

beenutt