Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up "Techniques"

a good way to get started is to pull your stripes in sections, 1:waist to hip, 2:hip to knee, 3:knee down. This will help u overcome the shifting of your brush strokes when pulling curves, also makes u stay centered on the leg with your stripes. Practice pulling even strokes on paper first, mastering the brush is your first task hommie, good luck!
Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Another thing about stripes, perhaps once you've gotten it going using Bruce's suggestion, is something I heard Steve Martin say once. (the painter, not the comic)

Think of your brush as a pen. One nice smooth line. You want enough paint on the brush to finish the line, but not enough that it's thick and bulky.

Again, like anything else, it takes practice. But getting this one thing down makes all the difference in the world on teams like the Steelers, who have that single helmet stripe that needs to look good for the team to look good (or Penn State, too).

Feel free to email me anytime if you need painting advice. You know where to find me.

Ed
Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Always let the players dry thoroughly before painting the next step. I noticed some green on the white pants on one player that looks like it came from your fingers because the green wasn't dry when you touched it. No biggie, cover it up with white paint, after it dries naturally. I always let the players sit over night before I paint again, just to make sure. Otherwise, looking pretty good. I like the helmets.