Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2010, 09:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

i agree. in the last ten years, i have over 150 transactions, mostly ebay. i am at fault every once in a while when i sell something, i will admit my discrepencies were ...

once, sent item that wasnt up to par with description..worked out .
and on more than one occasion in the last 15 months, maybe twice, i sent merchandise a few days later than payment was recieved. as is the case with an esteemed member here now, he sent payment last week, and i have to wait til tommorow to send it priority mail.

so, i dont mind the "network". lots of times these "problems" are easily solved. in my current situation, i am adding to the buyers box of goodies, because he has to wait til i get money to ship it....you know me, out of work 14 months makes things work a little slower.

i love the way mr. allen is stating only facts, thats the way to do it, you never know why a person may not follow the deal exact.

i echo what some have said, do a little research, and then base your decision on what you find. in over 10 years, i have no negative feedback on ebay, although i rarely have used ebay in the last couple of years.

so too the coaches im dealing with now, both of the deals will be worked out.

signed,

workless in texas...lol.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I believe we should

and im sorry i hadn't asked around, because ive been on an order that i placed in December, and still havent received it. I dont mind being patient, but just keep me posted on how my order is going.

Last edited by FrankB : 05-27-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
and im sorry i hadn't asked around, because ive been on an order that i placed in December, and still havent received it. I dont mind being patient, but just keep me posted on how my order is going.
That is too long for anything. I once built a car for a guy in less time !!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
That sux! Try last year for me!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Its tough

A very good portion of us here have good hearts, so its tough to Blast someone over a shady deal, publicly. I have had one deal that did not go down in a timely fashion and still might not even be quite completed, i dont know, and dont care anymore. I would not want someone else to go through this, but in keeping with the overall harmony of the hobby, i would never say who it was publicly. Also, sometimes people have stuff going on in their lives, and i try to be patient and sensitive to that. I also applaud the entrepenuers of the hobby and what they try to accomplish, but perhaps, orders come in a fast pace and they become hard to fill in a timely manner. I am aware and understanding of that as well.
I would only go as far as stating the facts without bias in a pm. Like writing a police report or any anecdotal of that fashion, keep only the facts of the matter with no opinionated wording at all. Thats as far as i would go.
Getting jerked on a deal still sucks!!!!!!!!!, but for me, keeping the harmony of the MFCA is far more important than getting into, or being a part of any squabbles that go on.
I wish there could be a _____________(cant think of a good word , dont want to use harmony AGAIN) way to expose the bad eggs in the bunch. Until then, i think i gotta stick to what i wrote.
But it is a tough one at times, no doubt.

Last edited by HOOP : 05-27-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Maybe a new forum for feedback is needed,...........each member starts his on feedback page within that forum,.......the heading would be,.........example,........Feedback for Norbert Revels,.........you would then copy the URL off your post and then paste it in your signature, whenever someone does a deal with you they can click your link and leave feedback.

P.S. I myself have some deals left to finsih (5), they will all get done.

Norbert Revels

Last edited by Norbert Revels : 05-27-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default There are good points being made, but...

we may be traveling down a slippery slope with this one. As someone with a company that caters to this forum, I sometimes am puzzled at why someone may write a particular post. I think back to the last post regarding why some sellers do not become business sponsors of the forum. I, like any other company, try to listen to what the customers say about the way I go about my business, or what products to offer, or improvement I may need to make. But, I feel it is bad business to change my practices bases on something a NON customer thinks. If you have not bought from me, then who are you to try to dictate how I run my business? I am speaking in general terms--not taking on any individual.

Regarding this forum, I know of at least one example where one of my customers blasted me on this forum for not shipping his order in a timely fashion. Here is how that transaction really went down:

1) Customer did not designate year, or team when placing the order
2) When trying to reach the person to clarify--had wrong phone number
3) When order was completed, tried for months to verify customer address, with no answer on this forum, or through email

Anyway, I ended up holding onto that order for months until finally customer got back to me with address verification. During this time, customer took it upon himself to blast my company.

So, my point is, that before you go badmouthing companys or individuals for their business practices, take into account the fact that there are some customers who are just unreasonable when it comes to getting their stuff. We all know that when we order EF merchandise, we want it yesterday, and I understand that.

Joxindabox was shut down last year for months, and threatened with legal action if we dared ship any merchandise at all. This created a situation where the orders that were in house at the time, were put on hold, and we did not ship anything for months. Luckily most of our customers understood, and stayed with us. My point is that, somtimes the customer may not know the whole story. Communication is key, but sometimes difficult, and many of us on this board have gone through hell and back the last couple of years, myself included. JMHO

Dallcow

Last edited by dallcow4life28 : 05-27-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default There should be some accountability.....

...On this forum. I am not in the business of selling teams and luckily, I have only had one instance where a coach didn't pay me for the services rendered. I am not going to use this forum for my own personal gripes (and will deal with this individual at some point), but it does seem to me that the community should have access to some public information on coaches who, on a regular basis, don't pay or provide poor work or never provide the work they were paid for. There really should be some sort of rating system. Perhaps if not a negative rating system, but a positive rating system, if you sign up as a provider, and have no history of complaints, you get a MFCA shield, or star or something.

kind of like a better business bureau for miniature football.

Last edited by Treks1 : 05-27-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

This goes both ways. I painted a 72 man team for someone and sent them to him last December. I still haven't been paid for it. I've sent several e-mails, PM's and left a few voice mails on their phone. Needless to say, it doesn't look like I'm going to get paid for them. I'm not painting teams for anyone anymore. I do have 6 figures that I'm doing for Mark Robin that are taking me forever to get done, but I at least have let him know that I'm having trouble (arthritus is a bitch!) I promise Mark, they will be done before the end of June one way or another! Thanks for being patient!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
This goes both ways. I painted a 72 man team for someone and sent them to him last December. I still haven't been paid for it. I've sent several e-mails, PM's and left a few voice mails on their phone. Needless to say, it doesn't look like I'm going to get paid for them. I'm not painting teams for anyone anymore. I do have 6 figures that I'm doing for Mark Robin that are taking me forever to get done, but I at least have let him know that I'm having trouble (arthritus is a bitch!) I promise Mark, they will be done before the end of June one way or another! Thanks for being patient!
Call them out on here! That's CRAP!!!