Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 04:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default we all can say that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
I can Proudly say that I have NEVER CHARGED A NEWBIE FOR ANYTHING........I have given away more than I remember...boards, figs, rare bases....teams...what ever....because you can't take any of this stuff with ya.......

This is a great Hobby...with many talented folks...So Thanks to all the vendors,tweakers figuremakers...Ef Companies....and Em EFF Coaches...for helping the greatest "Hobby in THe World" keep progressing.......
I agree with you Mo, I think we all have at one time or another.....

... Tweaking is one of the things you have to show someone how-to-do....

k-lo
Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Some just do it for the luv!!!!!!

Don Smith and Pratt are a couple that come to mind of guys that would tweak or help you out for nothing.
We have several that do, but some feel they are doing a service, and we all know that nothing in this world is free.
Man did I hear that growing up. My moms charged me rent to stay at the crib when I first started working. My dad would charge me gas money for driving me to work with him, and we left from the same house!!!!! But he wouldn't take it from the other guys he would pick up??? LOL He was teaching me responsibility.

I too give away or trade things to get. But I have a saying I live by, and it goes like this. Never make money off your friends!!!!!
Meaning if I got something at a certain price, I'm not going to over charge my homies for the same thing.

Lomax I personally think that you should have a session of showing guys what you know. If we get there and there are 2 or 3 tweakers at the board...why not call those interested in learning over to take a look!

I know I for one have been given a great deal because guys feel like I support the hobby. Names like RR, Wolf, Geno, the GLEFL, Diamond, Jimbo, and many, many more.
Sometimes you get back more, when you give more!!!!!!!!

Nat'l
Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATIONAL View Post
Don Smith and Pratt are a couple that come to mind of guys that would tweak or help you out for nothing.
We have several that do, but some feel they are doing a service, and we all know that nothing in this world is free.
Man did I hear that growing up. My moms charged me rent to stay at the crib when I first started working. My dad would charge me gas money for driving me to work with him, and we left from the same house!!!!! But he wouldn't take it from the other guys he would pick up??? LOL He was teaching me responsibility.

I too give away or trade things to get. But I have a saying I live by, and it goes like this. Never make money off your friends!!!!!
Meaning if I got something at a certain price, I'm not going to over charge my homies for the same thing.

Lomax I personally think that you should have a session of showing guys what you know. If we get there and there are 2 or 3 tweakers at the board...why not call those interested in learning over to take a look!

I know I for one have been given a great deal because guys feel like I support the hobby. Names like RR, Wolf, Geno, the GLEFL, Diamond, Jimbo, and many, many more.

Nat'l
WORD'EM UP!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default thanks for the class

thanks CorEy for the insight, but you make out online that "Lomax" don't share ideas and what not........ AND YOU KNOW THAT AINT TRUE!!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks JoeRam for not making class and then kicking my ars on the field!!!!!

I give away more stuff than any of you will ever know because I just don't talk about it.

k-lo
Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default you need to try your own words on for size

Quote:

Nat'l

I know I give back more than just talk my friend because they keep coming back for more..... unlike some folks who want someone to help them for nothing........think about that when you come to get your field!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

A great man once wrote..........
People are watching!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coaches,

Now that we are back home safe and sound from a fantastic Miggle convention I want to again thank everyone for a fantastic time. The atmosphere at these events are great for all around family fun. One of the best things about the convention was watching the families and friends of coaches having a ball watching us recapture our youth. Some of you may have noticed that a few families wandered in to get a feel of what was going on with this hobby just as I two years ago at the convention in Detroit. There was a couple who brought their grandchildren. I spent several minutes getting granddad caught up with the game today, comparing notes to when he played it with metal men. I had a great deal of fun watching his grandchildren watch with amazement as Jim Davis tweaked a team (which was given to the kids by Steve Martin I believe) for them. There will be no teams spinning around in circles for those two.

I assisted the grandparents in purchasing other equipment for their game (footballs, TTQB, etc.). I watched the joy on the grandparents face as they watched their grand kids bubble with excitement over discovering the hobby. I quickly ran over to Matt to get some of our MFCA cards to give them so they can visit our website and forum.

I also met a couple with 2 little ones who had just purchased one of the Miggle boards and wanted a little more info on the hobby. Dad had a bunch of questions which I was happy to answer. I could tell his wife (who was carriyng the board) was ready to go so I tried to be brief with my answers. Finally I gave him the MFCA web address so he and his kids can go online to learn more about us and the direction the hobby has taken since he was a kid.

Later that day I began to wonder...what will their experience be upon visiting this site. If these families visit and see some of the negative things that have been posted over time then we may lose them for good. Don't get me wrong, I believe that 99% of the stuff here is great. Would not mind having newbies and children check out the positive. But what about those times when we don't put our best face forward? What about those negative discussions that don't have a place in this hobby? With all due respect to CorEy we must realize that ALL of us are the face of the hobby. I hope that we take that into consideration as we post here and on the website homepage. Let's keep it clean and less controversial for their sake and ours.

Remember coaches....PEOPLE ARE WATCHING!

UTILIZE THE PM FEATURE, please.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default LOMAX

Joe should have charged you for being on the same field as him Lomax!

RAIDERMAN
Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yeah that's a tough sell

The person you were going to tutor beats you straight up!!!!!

Like I said in an earlier post.....let me know when the teacher shows up!!!

I think the game is passing you bye bye Lomax. It's like that old fighter, he can see, and knows what to do, but the body doesn't want to react when it's time.

I know what you mean about guys who want help for nothing Lo. We have to be careful. Watch who we be-friend. You have those guys who come into your room and smoke all your cigars & drink all your but never bring anything to the party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have to worry about that tho....me and you, we don't know anyone like that around here. But I have my open!!!!

Nat'l
Old 01-20-2010, 02:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default funny stuff

Quote:
The person you were going to tutor beats you straight up!!!!!

Like I said in an earlier post.....let me know when the teacher shows up!!!

I think the game is passing you bye bye Lomax. It's like that old fighter, he can see, and knows what to do, but the body doesn't want to react when it's time.

I know what you mean about guys who want help for nothing Lo. We have to be careful. Watch who we be-friend. You have those guys who come into your room and smoke all your cigars & drink all your but never bring anything to the party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have to worry about that tho....me and you, we don't know anyone like that around here. But I have my open!!!!

Nat'l
you know that can happen.......

as for the game passing me by, you might be right.........

Raiderman - thanks!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Nat'L

STOP it brother of the RP!!