Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2007, 12:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ranking System

I would love to work on that , this is what we need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverhorse 228 View Post
Hey check out their national rankings system...that is exactly what we should have! Hey Wolf...what do you think?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

This is also one of the goals of the MFCA. To create a ranking system. I had visited with Tom Ruesink about this in the past few months and he is willing to be part of a committee that would develop this. There is so much going on with the MFCA that I haven't had time to focus that direction but if there is an interest by the coaches then we can start that process. A committe should involve at least 3 coaches. If Roo, Tom and Anthony would want to develop this I think we would have a great start or if there are others that would want to serve on this. I would also like to see one member from the West on this committee. The key point, (and I say this to all MFCA comittees) is that we keep our minds open to ALL systems and look at it from a National perspective which means we may have drop some preconcieved ideas or at least be open minded and accept that we are all trying to enjoy and better the game.

Guys, Iam excited about all the prospects and the open minded attitudes that are starting to prevail in this hobby.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm always happy to do whatever to help out so if you'd me aboard for this, count me in.

Roo
Old 09-19-2007, 02:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

THIS IS WRITTEN IN MY OWN OPINION! Just have to sound off a little. When I joined this association I was under the assumption that everyone is equal. I know what happens when you assume something. Now, being very competitve myself I would like to see a ranking. But what about the guy just finding this hobby again. Or someone taking his son or nephews to a convention just to have fun and NOT TO COMPETE. If coaches want to compete thats fine by me but to rank all MFCA members may have a negative affect on this association. I know as a coach I just want to have fun and play a game that I had and loved as a child. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CASTLE HiTMEN View Post
If coaches want to compete thats fine by me but to rank all MFCA members may have a negative affect on this association. I know as a coach I just want to have fun and play a game that I had and loved as a child. Nothing more, nothing less.
This is just my opinion, but I don't believe we would rank all members. Only those who would want to be included. Sort of a competitors bracket and only those who have an interst in this would be ranked. There are many who just want to play and have fun and they can still be members and as they evolve could then join the competitive circuit if they so desire.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Bout time!!!

Excellent news.

We should have a point system. A certain number of points for winning a tournament, a league championship, appearances in tournaments, SPORTSMANSHIP....

and few points running a league or tournament, web site, making figures and boards, decals and whatever. We need to promote and encourage contributions to this hobby as well as performance on the field.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Sounds good to me. I wasn't complaining or anything I was just thinking about the newbies. I can remember a post by I think it was Aaaron Johnson when he stated he was packing up at the Miggle convention in Baltimore when a young mother and her son came to the convention late. So he whent to his room and gave the child two bags of Ravens figures and the childs face just lit up. To me thats what it is about and thats how we get new members.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CASTLE HiTMEN View Post
Sounds good to me. I wasn't complaining or anything I was just thinking about the newbies. I can remember a post by I think it was Aaaron Johnson when he stated he was packing up at the Miggle convention in Baltimore when a young mother and her son came to the convention late. So he whent to his room and gave the child two bags of Ravens figures and the childs face just lit up. To me thats what it is about and thats how we get new members.
Everybodies got a voice and it is important that we remeber the newbie. That post by you was a valuable reminder that we keep all aspects in mind from the hard battling competitor to the fresh from the store rookie.

—Idiom

Old 09-19-2007, 03:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Yo Wolf,

Read my reply under universal base tweaking. Let me know what you think.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good ranking idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treks1 View Post
Excellent news.

We should have a point system. A certain number of points for winning a tournament, a league championship, appearances in tournaments, SPORTSMANSHIP....

and few points running a league or tournament, web site, making figures and boards, decals and whatever. We need to promote and encourage contributions to this hobby as well as performance on the field.
We don't need to rank everyone - but those who do compete. And rank based on finish position, etc... Trek's idea makes very good sense. I will be attending with my son for fun and hopefully competing as well - and hopefully in a competitive fashion .