Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Coach

One way to manage a game would be to assign a half to each coach. If a live online video link is set up, the coach at the "remote" end calls his plays in real-time and the coach handling the board for that half sets up and executes and both coaches see the results on their screens at once. If done by chat-board, the coach running his board types out the result of each play afterward and the game is handled rather like chess-by-mail.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great idea

I think the only way to get around the "cheating" idea is to do what I do in my league. Roll the dice for both sides of the ball and use passing sticks. This would give no advantage to either team. At this point its about the bases.
Games can be played but then stopped if you have a question. Like, say its 4th and 2 from the 20, do you want to go for it or kick a field goal.
You can stop play and email someone on what they would like to do. This is one option.
To make it easy I would say, let it be an iron man league, only 11 guys. It would make play a lot easier.

I would be in, it would be easy to set up a 11 man team with a quickly painted team.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I would like to be a part of this.

Roo
Old 11-21-2009, 08:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

It would be interesting, but difficult depending on the rule set they are played at. For example, my teams are basically all under 3.0 grams and totally untweaked bases. To send them to someone who is playing 4.0 and maxed out bases would be sheer suicide.

However; if I was to send 2 of my teams to someone and say play a game between them using your rules, then the 2 teams would not be at a weight or strength disadvantage to each other. They would simply be playing under different rules with someone else being the coach for both teams. I did sort of something like that for one of my games in my last season. I had a friend, Tim Young, coach the Mennonites while I coached the Battlin' Bozos. It turned out to be a great game that went down to the final play and was fun for both of us. I hope to do the same thing again for my next season and have 2 or 3 games with guest coaches.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think the idea is that each league would have a particular weight limit. So, there would be, say, a 4.0 division, and a 3.2 division - but the different weights wouldn't play each other.

Ed
Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
So, I am starting the Postal Ironman Solitaire Society and League. (P.I.S.S.L.)
I am looking for 3 or 5 other coaches to join.
Each team will be made up of 14 Home players and 14 Postal players under 3.3 grams. They can be fantasy, NFL, college, whatever.
The League will begin January 1 and run for 2 to 3 months depending on the number of coaches involved.
Each solitaire coach will play his games by their own home rules.
The Postal team must include a 12 offense and 6 defense play dice chart complete with player positioning.
Play calling for the postal team will be based on the roll of a 6 sided dice for defensive plays and a 12 sided dice for offensive plays.
Each coach may keep the team for 2 weeks before mailing it to the next coach on the schedule.
Honesty and a willingness to play fairly are a must to be part of this league.

Yah, I'm not kidding. I want to test this theory out. Coaches who join ********L can help develop this concept.

Team RARE is preparing to play their first ********L game. Who else?

Im in.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 11-21-2009, 07:54 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Default like the idea

That would be sweet
Old 11-22-2009, 08:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Lynn, if you're going to do this, I would recommend that all teams are without facemasks or chinstraps, as those things can fall off in shipment. Also, you would want to have everyone mark their bases to prevent "accidental" swapping. Just a little something to consider.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

A simple, standard base marking system all could use would be the initials of the team name, then the number.

So if I used the Steelers for example, my Willie Parker base would have "PS39" on the back.

Course, if it was Willie Parker, he'd be stuck to the bench anyway.

Ed
Old 11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

You would definitely need to mark your bases. Also I think that after each time someone gets to use the team, it should be sent back to the owner so that way if someone were dirty enough to burn the prongs of a base, or scrape the players paint, or even steal the players, it could be tracked who did it if you know what I'm sayin.
I like the idea though, and if possible I would like to be a part of this .
Taylor