Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Bill View Post
Can I change some of mine???
Cuz.. We've got some suggestions here already I like a lot better than what I came up with..
Change away...it's a think tank or thunk tank

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
Change away...it's a think tank or thunk tank
Well... It was as much a positive comment on what guys are posting as anything else..

I really like the suggestions that are "more inclusive" than what I had originally posted...
Old 12-07-2006, 05:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Since we're talking about equipment only at this time, I'll stick to that.

1) Gameboard - It would be nice if everyone could afford a monster board, but many of us can't. Let's stick to the common 620 as pretty much everyone has one or can get one realitively cheap. Any field cover allowed that does not effect the play ie: if a coach has players that run straight on a normal board but go in tiny circles on a board with a cover, then that cover would not be allowed.

2) Kickers - allow them to have springs. You modify bases for better performance, why not the kicker???

3) Bases - Any base that would fit within the required size. Maximum size the same as Miggle proline bases ???:o Bases allowed to be painted as long as the figure + base combo is within weight limits

4) Figures - Any figure allowed so long as the figure + base combination is at or under the legal limit with the provision that the figure resembles a football player of some sort. No Bozos, 'Quatch, Sumos, Snowmen etc.

5) Weight - I don't care what the limit is. 3.2, 3.4, 4.0 .... I say if the figure + base is at or below the limit, it should be allowed. And I'll go further in that I think the figures and bases should be glued or taped together so that a coach can not seperate them during play. Any weight should be allowed to be added to the figure/base combo up to the maximum limit, as long as the weight is not unseemly ( like a nut or bolt sticking out ) BB's glued under the base allowed up to the max. limit. Many leagues allow coaches to add several layers of paint or clear coat to get the figures up to weight. I don't see any difference in adding .5g or paint, or adding .5g of BB. I also don't see why TTC bases are allowed to weigh more than rookie bases. If TTC is allowed 1.3g, then allow rookie bases to be weighted up to 1.3g as well. But, back to what I was saying, if a Miggle figure on a rookie base weighs 2.3g and a Buzzball figure on a TTC base weighs 3.2g and that's the limit, then the Miggle figure and base should be allowed to add .9g to weigh the same as the Buzzball combo does. If a person wants to use Reggies figures and they weigh 3.9g with a base, then you should be allowed to cut the player in half and hollow him out to get down to 3.2g. Weigh the entire figure and base, not seperately. Like I said before, if you require the two to be glued together, then a coach would not be able to switch bases around, thereby eliminating cheating.

If you're going to have seperate weights for positions, then you will need to specify how many of which weight can be on the field at one time. I play with a BB under the linemen. The defense is allowed only 5 players with BB's. The offense is allowed 5 linemen and 2 running backs. I allow that simply to try and keep the runners from jumping and turning when the board is first turned on. If the offense plays with 3 backs, then the third has to be without a BB.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Cool just a note about passing

jimbo mentioned TTQB passing......

I would like to have you all think about this one

most of the time we play that there are no RAC (run after catch) but I think we should be able to do this, but without turning the WR.

Also, we can make it a skill for RAC - if you hit the figure above the platform, then you can continue with the play.

if you hit the platform or the base, then the WR is down at that point (sliding/diving for the pass)....

think tank on this one.........

Attached Images

Last edited by Coach K-LO : 12-08-2006 at 11:58 AM. Reason: add picture
Old 12-08-2006, 12:18 PM
JIMBO

Exclamation Revised: This belongs in "Rules" but...

...I can see where people believe ***Stop-Pop-N-Turn*** is unfair to the Defense because they cannot react to the pass, ***BUT so is strangle-holding the WRs at the LOS as do the COVER CORNER figures.*** Since we don't want to exclude anyone's figures, the compromise would be:
  • The WR should be able to advance the ball but cannot be angled or adjusted; and
  • The WR can be angled or adjusted only if he is beyond the deepest Defender.

Last edited by JIMBO : 12-08-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
WallyJ

WW,

1) 620 Game Board
2) Any commercially available base
3) No chemical alterations or boiling of the base
4) Any Commercially available figure designed for electric football
5) +Any custom figure
a) must use #4 (see above) as a base to start
b) must meet a size and shape guideline
c) must be position appropriate
6) Total weight ?
Old 12-09-2006, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Think Tank

When thinking about the future of this hobby, a new person would not want to deal with the weight issues, 3.0, 4.0, etc. This is to much for a firs timmer do deal with.

Wally J is right, take out number 6 and go with that. To many coaches are putting in what they like, but think about the new coaches. What is best for them.

It should be simple, easy, and fun to do. If not then they will not stay. From the box, to the table and being able to play right now is the key.

Understanding what is needed for the hobby to move forward, not what we like, remember they are the future.

There are to many issues and restrictions with weight, kicking, passing,etc. do away with these things.

Understand that they want to play football. So anything that restricts this will cause problems.

Remember they are just starting off, so keep it simple.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default pull and play

As a new guy just starting out i have to agree with Mr. Burgess, i get totally confused with the weight thing as i have no clue as to what i can and can't use. keep it simple allow all available "buy and paint" figs and bases. no weight added/ removed as long as they conform to "football" not gi joes glued to bases lol. bases the same way. i am just learning to tweek bases, most still run in circles or not at all when i am done so weight added or boiling etc just adds to my dismay.
i dont know anything about passing other then point and fling with the tcqb but that i am willing to learn if needed.
i know your going to get some mismatches as some figs weigh more then others, but thats how it is in real life so you would have to adjust to play them, i dont think just bulking up all your guys is fair, i would hate to see all nfl guys 350lb fatties. i think a reciever like that would be silly. lol
i think recievers should be allowed to run after the catch, especially if i gotta try to "hit " them with that tcqb. no adjustments to reciever should be made, but i do think the defence should be allowed to turn 2 guys to try to make the tackle.
anyways, just my 2cents, ya'all can giggle and point at the new guy now.. lol
Old 12-09-2006, 04:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great thread!

1.Bases:Any base manufactured for electric football.Limit 2 each on boats.
2.Figures:Any figure manfactured for EF.Weight limit 3.8.Custom figures allowed as long as they fit through the Figure "cube" and meet weight.Normal football pose.
3.Field: 620 for economic reasons as others have stated.
4.Kickers can be custom as long as the TTQB figure cube remained the same size as it is now.
5.All passing methods allowed details of each to be ironed out.

Geno H

Last edited by Geno H : 12-09-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I don't want to sound like "Mr. Rose Colored Glasses" here... We've just started.. But with the dialog, demeanor, and open-mindedness of everyone who has posted at this point.. I have every confidence that we could hammer out a 'standard' rules set that would be acceptable to everyone.. NOT saying that all leagues would play by this set.. but we're on the right track here. How ya doing Henry?.. oops.. I mean WW.. LOL