Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 03:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

It makes sense,and stats would bear out the fact that the longer the passes and field goals are, the lower the percentage of successful attempts..

Would I like the 620 to be just a bit bigger?
Side to side??? HECK YA..
Even in my short competitive career, I've had backs miss getting around the corner and past the LB's by... ( )< that much..
Old 11-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Decal Master

Again,

It depends on what you want from the game and what your gameplay style allows for. You all know what system I play under and it is impossible to play on a 620 under the "traditional" style of EF.

Once you introduce read and reactions into the game, it becoms necessary to play on a larger board to as to complete the simulation.

Once I crack the code of this gameboard thing, I will pubilsh my results for everyone. I think I am getting very close to finishing my blueprint.

If anyone else wants to chip in and help, please do so.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Coach

Default Mostly I agree But!!!

Mostly I agaree but I still think the 620 should be used.Why mostly is the speed of the game.The big boards take up a lot of time in playing even when you use a clock for set up.Also the game doesnt have a lot a scoring at least in the game that I have play on then thier is the space issue!!!I love the look of the scale boards but love the 620 so I am bias but thats just me putting in my two cents.Love the board!!!!The freemdom to talk about electric football all of it decals,boards players what ever and who ever makes it.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decal Master View Post
Again,

Once I crack the code of this gameboard thing, I will pubilsh my results for everyone. I think I am getting very close to finishing my blueprint.

If anyone else wants to chip in and help, please do so.
What kind of gameboard code are ya working on DM?
I'd be happy to help out any way I can..
Old 11-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Decal Master

Kansas Bill,

I am working on a 22X47 gameboard. i am hoping to successfully use fiberboard for the under-structure. i have a solution to the field cover issue.

What I need is to develop a motor easy enough that anyone can build it themselves. I want to base my design completely on the miggle concept of electromagnet, and speed control coil. One thing that will discourage newcomers from constructing their own gameboards is that most of the new designs are too complex for the lay person.

I think that I may have found motors online that could be used for this project, but I will have to wait until next week to find out.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decal Master View Post
Kansas Bill,

I am working on a 22X47 gameboard. i am hoping to successfully use fiberboard for the under-structure. i have a solution to the field cover issue.

What I need is to develop a motor easy enough that anyone can build it themselves. I want to base my design completely on the miggle concept of electromagnet, and speed control coil. One thing that will discourage newcomers from constructing their own gameboards is that most of the new designs are too complex for the lay person.

I think that I may have found motors online that could be used for this project, but I will have to wait until next week to find out.

Ah.. Very Good!, I will thank you for your efforts in advance.. I am not very learned in the little electric motors.. I had even tried to find a way to use the standard little motors you can get at Radio Shack, (same as everyone), and then get the voltage down to 7 using just standard stuff I can get at Home Depot.. But the doorbell transformer only would drop it to 15 ... blah blah blah.. lol It all ended up (If I wanted it to work right) buying an expensive railroad model transformer etc etc etc.. SO.. With me being (as I said) not very learned in little electric motors, I put that project on the shelf for another day..

SO.. If you can find motors online that work on the same concept as the Miggle Motors, I'm thinking you deserve some kind of award! Take Care and Good Luck to you.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm with D-Master on this one. I play multi-stop and the 620 just doesn't allow enough room to manuever. I love the Sprint right or left option play. However, on a 620 you have to shorten the sprint out by the QB and alot of times he gets sacked or runs out of bounds rather than sprinting past oncoming D-lineman. Smaller boards handcuffs offenses. I have never played on a monster board but if D-Master has plans for one I AM IN!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Cool big or small.....

Guys,

Having played on almost every type of field made, the one thing that seldom gets used is Line spacing.

Even on a large field, line spacing is not used. look at the pictures from AB post. I am not picking on you AB, just using the pictures to make a point.

There are so much room on the outside, but the O-line is packed in tight just like it's on a 620.

Even at the Seawall Brawl, some coaches were squeezing the line together to increase outside room to run.

Boards large or small must be able to perform at a consistent level. Megawatts made a good point about how wide the field is also makes a difference.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ?

I understand what your saying, but there is something call choice. Look at a real line formation in the NFL, there is a space between the C, G, T, TE.

There is room on the out side to run there, that is were the system comes into play. Who on your team has to protect the outside? The DE, OLB who ? Space is apart of the game, that is why there is a thing called ZONE. You play and defend a part of the field.

Line spacing is a style issue not a field issue, and just look at the NFL Network, or get 5 of your friend and set up an o line, I can tell you that you will be about a 1 foot space between your foot and the next players foot. That is proper spacing for the line. A it is about the same in my picture. Art is life !
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2006, 01:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Look

Even in the above picture, this looks like what you see on tv, " Art imitates life " That is a part of the MPFL system.