Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATIONAL View Post
And everyone can watch you play with yourself?

I ran out of emotions....LOL Wow!!!!!!!!

Don't know about that one.

Nat'l
If I am reading this correctly that would be "Pay Per View".
You won't even see the set-up, none of that. Just the plays like "RedZone".

That's what's rolling around in my head Natl, not my hands!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I guess.............

Maybe it's me, but I'm not watching internet to see plays. Im watching to see all the guys heckling and the guys that are online typing trash talk.
The fellowship....now if it's just one person playing, who are you going heckle?

Maybe there's a market out there for it. I don't see it but it may be there. I say go for it, and see what happens. But you left yourself wide open for that jab.

Nat'l
Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Corey, I remember so many...

hecklers and conspirators about many things I've done in the game.

Everything from hosting tournaments to the Shootout Rule system and using the box were at the top of many people list to try to mock and dissuade others to try. I had guys calling good coaches across the country telling them not to play in the CBSMF, and would swear those calls were never made!

I guess if I would have had that attitude of "Just go away" as so many of my contemporaries wanted, maybe some good things about the game may have never happened.

I thank God I stayed in the fight. But trust me, I was harassed and mocked a many day on these chatboards.

Too bad I don't have that type of spirit to be discouraged. We will have many guys watch. And yes, we run plays just like we run plays in competition leagues. And guys can get on and harass each other in that same manner.

No one form is better than the other form - it's just your preference. I just get this feeling that maybe it's this elitist notion that since you play alone, something must be wrong.

Trust me, the solitaire guy is just as knowedgeable of the game, socially equipped, and intellectually stimulated as guys who may spend months finishing a 10 game season.

It's just preference my friend. I just say, "Don't knock it til you try it". And I hope some of you other Solitaire players are not scared to stand up to nonsensical rhetoric aimed at labeling you!

Reg

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 01-07-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

DOWN WITH SOLITAIRE.........

Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I

LOVE SOLITAIRE!!!!!! AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Old 01-07-2011, 07:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

LOL......
Old 01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yeah Mo, you said it!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of those dark rooms and get out and promote the game!!!!!

Grab a league mate, and set up in the mall in front of the Lids, or the memorabilia store.

MF/EF/BB is a sport, it's competition. Solitaire is a hobby. Nothing wrong with either of them. RR I played whole seasons when I was younger. I had all 28 teams back then and played all the way to the SB....still have the records from those seasons. But I had more fun when my cuz came over or we got a tourney going with some of the guys on the block.
Video games didn't die because they got that wifi thing going with playing somebody anywhere in the world just like they were sitting next to you. Nobody plays the computer..........the fun is in the competition.

You will have disagreements with anything. Some guys are worst than others but you know that going in. We all know Kenny Allen has the worst pivots in the game, he knows it. You just have to let him know, and he will adjust them.

Unity & Fellowship.....where is that in Solitaire? Play it because you want to play it and you like it. Not because this guy cheats, or they don't want to do it the way I want so I'm not playing with that group.
It's not that serious. Hey I lost to Al in our nfc championship game by a blocked FG...but during that game there were 3-4 calls that could have went the other way (we played without a ref) but I gave him the call. They were bang-bang plays. We could have flipped a coin to decide, but I said go ahead. Did the same thing vs Baxter in the BASH last season. Keith was the ref, he said Baxter missed, Adrian said he hit, I gave it to him....for a td. He misses I win, he hits it he wins, he got the W.

So maybe my problem would be what is your intent behind playing solitaire. Is it because you don't like your group. Or is it that you just like playing when you feel like playing or at your own pace? And this is directed at all solitaire leagues or players?

the Face Of The Hobby, CorEy "National" Johnson
Old 01-08-2011, 11:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Interesting question.........
Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yeah Mo, I'm interested in seeing the answers......

Are you that guy that doesn't get picked in the school yard then takes his ball or are you the guy that sucks it up and practices to get better!!!!!!!

I remember bringing that bag of 28 teams up to the rec when I first got back into this...and those guys passed me around like wine-O's passing a 40oz. I was like WOW!!!!! They played nothing like the way I played growing up (which I thought was the best way) they didn't throw with their hand...they used that TTQB
I was like, well if I'm going to play I'm going to have to learn....so I started practicing how to pass! I didn't even run the men or worry about strength or any of that....I felt like advancing the ball down the field thru the air was the way to go, so I just threw passes, not once turning the board on.
i could have said these rules are corny. You guys should play my way, or just played by myself..........but like Billy Dee Williams said in "lady sings the blues"
Success is nothing, without someone to share it with.

Nat'l
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Coach

Default Solitaire

I tell you guys at this stage in this game and hobby pretty much we are it.You can play this in front of 30.000 but only and hand full will be interested!!As we get older who wants to spend their time with a bunch of middle age men playing a game!!I dont!!But this hobby is more than just playing with each other is just playing the game!!Those who play alone can do so now on the internet showing and entertaining coaches who like it!!Whats the big deal??