Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mark,
You have it covered, You have done this before so the base building is the easy part. The money IS VERY TOUGH. But the hardest part is selling them. The F5 is a great base.That has not been blessed by ANY of the heavy hitters in this hobby. Newcomers have bought all we have sold for the most part.( which isnt very many). This is the part that has me baffled. The fact that the BIG BOYS wont even give it a try. I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!! Trust me the F5 is VERY VERSATILE base.

Geno H

P.S. Did not mean to jump your post. But there was an audience.
Some of you HEAVY HITTERS CALL ME 620-904-7000
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com

Last edited by Geno H : 07-12-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The only other thing I will add is I stand no monetary gain for the success of the F5 I am just a spokesman and product tester. I buy my own bases at retail from Tornado Alley EFS.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Old 07-12-2007, 05:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey Geno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno H View Post
Mark,
You have it covered, You have done this before so the base building is the easy part. The money IS VERY TOUGH. But the hardest part is selling them. The F5 is a great base.That has not been blessed by ANY of the heavy hitters in this hobby. Newcomers have bought all we have sold for the most part.( which isnt very many). This is the part that has me baffled. The fact that the BIG BOYS wont even give it a try. I DONT UNDERSTAND!!!!!! Trust me the F5 is VERY VERSATILE base.

Geno H

P.S. Did not mean to jump your post. But there was an audience.

I only have one bag and have not given them the lab test just yet. I only worked with one before I had to work on my SWB team ( a lot of good that was)....

Don't feel bad about it. If you are tweaking "G-Force" bases are they are NOT F5 - ask yourself 'Why not??'
just a thought.......

......... sorry Mike.........
Old 07-12-2007, 05:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks Coach Lo,

All makes of bases are tweaked at G-FORCE. They all have thier place on a full roster. (old & new). I have at least 2 dozen of every base I have been able to purchase.(old & new)

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Old 07-12-2007, 06:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Give me a call Mark

Mark,I've called a couple of times and if you get a chance please give me a call. I know you are busy though. I can't wait to see these bases. How long till they would come out?

Frank Jacobs (859)445-1987
Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mark, I love the way you are thinking. A base that would do it all would be very exciting! What about a base that is both strong and fast? You know I'm like Jerry Jones, if it's possible, I gotta have that player.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:53 PM
WallyJ

Mark,

1. If the prongs are wide (strong bases), the plastic must be soft and these prongs are better a little long. Additionally, wider prongs must be thinner (>.4 mm) in width. True

2. If the prongs are thin (fast bases), the plastic must be harder than that used for strong bases and the prongs must be shorter to support the weight. Likewise, thinner prongs must be slightly thicker (.4 mm) in width. True but not shorter to hold the weight. The harder plastic will make up for this.

3. On a TTC base, the prongs in the wheel must be thinner because they cannot be as long due to the thickness of the wheel. True... I think

4. Two prongs on each side is always better than just one (not too sure about this one). True

5. Longer prongs are generally better because it is a simple process to cut them. It is much more difficult to pulle prongs evenly. Without a doubt

6. Prongs should be set as close to the front or back and outside of a base as possible. True

7. If possible (the base does not move sideways), a base should have a forward lean. In other words, the back of the base should be higher than the front. Always

8. The darker the base, the more color was used and as a result the base is more stiff and less productive. I have heard that this is true

9. Bases must be in accordance with general EF standards to be successful in the marketplace. Without a doubt

10. A platform of 24mm is best. The smaller Miggle men will not fall off, yet the buzzball figures and Miggle big men still fit. Yes!

Wally
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Wally,
Good to hear from you, and thanks for your input. I am just trying to do this right, and I figure the more advice I get, the better the bases will be.

I am almost done with the designs, just finishing the final revisions and I want to make sure the prongs are as good as they can be.

I am moving to Ohio, so it should be easier to go to these shows since most (except the dang shootout) are in the midwest, so I hope to see you soon.

Thanks again,
Mark
Old 07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Tron1984

Default Tron Speaks!!!!

Fellas,
Tron has made an error beyond all comprehension! It's like talking about building a minature stadium and not consulting Reggie Reg. It's like building a Line for your tournament team and not consulting Big Keith or Jim Davis. How could I be so careless? Foolish mortals, my super powers have been restricted for three days becasue of this outrage! I pleade temporary insanity! Mark, you must consult "Unlce Don" and "Uncle Reggie" These guys do such phenominal work with their bases and they are easily accessable on the chat board as well as the others! Old School you are like one of the Master Jedhi who got away. Even though we could feel the force, we just didn't realize it was coming from you. Old School makes his return at the Columbus Day bash in Beltsville. O crap ! I forgot about Wally Jabs! It's o.k. I like cheese!:o
Old 07-13-2007, 02:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Tron,
Don Smith is one of those master tweakers I have consulted. Reginald Rutledge is ALWAYS someone I would listen to...heck the inspiration for all that ITZ has done with dials, and will soon do with this mold as well, comes from playing in his league! Before that, Bill and I played with untweaked bases from the manufacturer. Reginald showed me the joy of lateral bases. His "frankensteined" bases could do anything you wanted, something I am trying to capture with this next mold. Our solitaire league allows bases that do not fit the standards, and we are adding a few bases in the mold to fit our (and hopefully some other player's) needs.

I have received some good feedback, but more is needed. There seems to be a division between those tweakers who prefer the front prongs to be shorter (jacked up look) and those who like the prongs even. This is the last sticking point before I turn over my drawings to the manufacturer (good thing I was a draftsman in my youth). Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your input, and I hope to receive even more!
Mark