Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default relax...

........................and read my post................

"..........I'm not saying all that use pledge play boiled................what I am saying is you get a truer sense of what a base can do when you are playing on a field that is not "slick/Smooth"
Old 05-21-2010, 11:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I loved playin on your field at Canton.

They were great!!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i know...

i know from doing it myself that pledge on a vinyle cover is BAD NEWS!!!!

If you put alittle to much on it will INSTANTLY render all your power bases powerless..all they will do is slip and slide.

i only use windex when i need to clean my field, and in between i use plain water only !

just my experience...
Old 05-22-2010, 03:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Not sure why you would want to use so much to turn it into an ice skating contest, but that is certainly not what I am suggesting you do. However, if you have a vinyl cover and yours seems a bit grabby when fresh out of the package you can try my remedy.

Here is footage of a vinyl field cover that Wierdwolf had made for me. The board is a full 30x48" metal pan and the field cover is 24x48" with 3" sidelines, all run on a single gotham motor. When I first got the field cover the surface of the board was a little grabby to my liking because fast bases would tend to grab the surface and tip foreward then move foreward again then grab again, especially proline bases. It looked like the player was sometimes learching foreward instead of running smooth and I had not experienced that with my players on other fields. I had heard some people actually say they did not like vinyl covers for this reason. After the convention I did a quick experimentation with the pledge. A simple dab on a soft cloth methodically rubbed in over the entire field, followed later on with simple cleaning with a damp cloth.

The result is....
http://www.youtube.com/user/silverho...51/sSVbQQMivNs
Old 05-23-2010, 01:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

pledge is not good for prolines to perform... simple rubbing alcohol will do.. or just a damp cloth.

I only use laminated field covers

celo
Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Pledge works

Guys,

I've used Pledge on my boards with no problems although my surfaces are vinyl. Joe is right...you use a SMALL amount so you don't get that skating effect. My method is to spray a quick spritz on a cloth then wipe the board. If I ever feel that I've put to much on then then I clean the board with Windex (great for removing residue build up from Pledge) and start again. You have to work with it to strike a balance between a smooth running field and having a slippery surface. And no problems with my Prolines either.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Cleaning your field

If field is laminated or poly...Vacuum with soft brush attachment then use damp cloth or sponge (warm water) soft cloth to dry.No paper towels,no cleaners of any type and no wax....use wax and you lose traction,weather you know it or not. Some guys turn the speed up high enough so the players seem to get the proper traction.
Warning; do not use liquids of any type on fatheads,they are not laminated and you can take the ink off.Vacuum only.
Keep covers away from direct sun and extreme heat.
When not in use cover with cloth,lay flat on wood or metal surface.
Larue
Old 05-24-2010, 09:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

My field cover is from Wolf. These covers are as near to a 620 type "feel" as I have been around. I have found ALL you need to clean it with is a new technology MICRO FIBER cloth. This cloth will remove all oily residue on the field from our hands as well as any collected dust. We clean our 620's this same way. No residue and very very simple.

I used to use alcohol and a paper towel. But the MICRO FIBER cloth is the way for me.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com