Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009, 04:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Board Size

Nothing changes because of the size of the board.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THANX JIMBO

Jimbo,

Thanx, those were the clear cut answers i was looking for !!!!!!!!

MANTARAYDRE
Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Tough View Post
I asked the same things, and got the answer to keep the system the way it is,do not water it down ect.ect..I also think there needs to be a rule book because there is alot of stuff that is not explained in the NFL rulebook,ect.This is where you could put the conversions for various board play as far as times and yardage.You are right,because not alot of people have scale boards Board size doesn't matter and shy away from this style if they do not have one.To say, play it the way it is on all size boards is not realistic IMO.For all the work that went into the DVD why not have a rule book The DVD is the Book also with conversions.People have different learning styles and some like to use the book as a guide.It may come down to coming up with your own rules set to go with your boardsize.After all ,the stoppages and magnets is what makes this style unique among other things.What I see happening is hybrid leagues that use many of the same things that MPFL does, customized to suit their equipment.Stoppages,sticks,and magnets are not new to MF or EF.Why not hava a MHSFL or MCFL(high school,college)?My 2 cents STT
That is cool
Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
You keep showing NFL rules all the time,but what people want to see are rules that tie in with MF This is not MF but a hole new game and how it mimics the real game Through the procedures and you're thinking.I doubt the NFL rule book Through the action that takes place, the events are related to actuls football events thus you go by the NFL rules refers to magnets Allow a player to stay in one spot and not be out of postion and stoppages Allows for you to think as that players would think and then react to the action.That is the same type reasoning that is done here when people ask for rules but in reverse.You need to be able to adapt the system to any size board It does all by it self,equipment.ect..That takes flexibility and being able to adapt It does.If that can be done,you have a great system.I doubt I will find the three yd rule This is the area were the player is committed to his acktion and ,stoppages,and magnets in an NFL rulebook.The hows and why's in written form would be great.Maybe it is all up to interpretation No, it is clearly talked about and examples given in the DVD.I am starting to see that--STT
Hope this helps
Old 03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Scale Sized Boards

Jimbo

I along with some other coaches here have been studying Anthony's MPFL DVD. We all love the system and been practicing in this system
. We are planning on starting a league soon. I would like to get a scale sized board in order to fully appreciate this system. I read in a previous post you made scale sized boards. Is this true? I hope so I would like to purchase one. LMK, Thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default It's very simple

Quote:
You could show or explain how MPFL uses stoppages,magnets,3 yd rule,timers,ect. to help duplicate the real game.Then maybe show different scenerios that may occur and how to replicate them.Some people learn better reading than others do.Just a thought.there are procedures in MPFL that must be used to create realism.Hows/why's of that----STT
1: The DVD is out there and answers a lot of question.
2: The game of football has not changed, so if you understand the game of football, 1st and 10, 11 on 11, tackles, blocking, etc
3: Be able to follow the steps, Step 1 The NFL has a play clock, and in this system you do to 45 seconds to set up 11 men.

Or Think of it as driving a car, Step 1 open the door, 2 sit in the drivers seat,3 put the key in the ignition, 4 turn the key......
these are steps/procedures to do a thing.

`