Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 AM
MFCA Member #3

Talking What?!

Well if there is a skills competition then I am coming!
As long as Healey and Greco don't show I might actually win something!

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Tournament

Good Luck, guys. Wish I could come.

Great job on the logo Wolf!!!!
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 03-06-2010, 06:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things are falling in to place. I have airline tickets, rental car and now motel reservations for my grandson Tyler and I as we will be attending our first Electric Football Event at the Mid America Melee on April 17th and 18th. We will be flying in to Wichita and taking a rental car up to Lyons. Our flight gets in at 3:48 and we should arrive about 6:30 or 7 Friday night. Can't wait for it to get here. I have been painting my teams and will have the 1940 - 1956 Raymond High School Bulldogs All Star Team (my home town was Raymond, about 15 miles from Lyons. The high school closed in 1957). One thing about a team from that era, the uniforms are simple. No stripes on the pants, no helmet decals, just a jersey number to decal. I love it.

I figured out a way to make a player holder to use while I am painting it. I put a #6 x 3/4" round head screw into a 3" x 3" x 3/4" board. I stopped about the distance of a base from screwing it all the way in. Then, I took my dremel tool (you could use a file here) and filed 2 flats on the head so it would fit through the slot. Then I just put the player I was painting on the modified screw head, slid it forward so the unfiled part of the screw could hold it, and I was ready to go. Works really well when you spray clear coat on it, plus makes the player easier to hold still while painting. I will take some pictures later and post to the forum. Doug, a rookie coach preparing for his first game.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Just wondering about kids? Joe is coming with white and dark Steelers. He is almost 7. What other age kids are going to be there?

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 03-07-2010, 03:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Kids at Mid America Melee, April 17 & 18

Lynn, I am bringing my grandson who doesn't even know he is coming yet. I am getting him a board, a set of tweaked bases, and players for his birthday. He is an avid Pop Warner Football player, but has been benched for one year because he has a bone blood supply problem in his right knee. He can't have any physical activity. So, to help fill the void, I am going to get him involved in miniature football. He will be 13 on his birthday in a couple of weeks. We will play a couple of practice games and then go to the event and both of us are gonna jump right in, take our lumps, and learn, learn, learn.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Coach list

Here is a list of entries so far.

Lynn Schmidt - Missouri
Joe Schmidt - Missouri
Doug Hendricks- California
Tyler Davis -California
Chris Flynt - Colorado -
Jeff Bissonnetee- Colorado
James Sledd - Kansas
Jared Vonfeldt - Kansas
Flynt Hendricks - Kansas
David Foster - Kansas
Geno Hendricks - Kansas
Carl Coley - Oklahoma

On the fence
Jeff Shinn - Kansas
Dad Shinn - Kansas
Chris Nelson - Kansas
Robert Thomas - Kansas
Terry Redden - Nebraska
Bill Brent - Kansas
Lance Williams - Missouri

Looks promising if we can nudge these guys off the fence it would be fantastic.

I might add that some coaches are not sure due to thier lack of competitive play. Any encouragement from the MFCA member ship would be helpful.

There are currently 6 new coaches so I feel this is a perfect tournament as alot of equally talented coaches have entered.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com

Last edited by Geno H : 03-09-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:05 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great fellowship

Any of you new coaches that are on the fence about joining this please let me tell you that Geno H. will make sure you are going to have a great time and everyone will help all of you newbies out. Please don't deprive yourself of the fun that brings out the kid in all of us because you are afraid of anything. You are in great hands with Geno as he will help you with bases and everything. If you are even considering getting back into electric football, do yourself a favor and just dive in and enjoy the ride. I've been playing competitively for threee years now, and I've found out that people in this hobby are so awesome when it comes to helping out the new coaches. You would be a fool not to let yourself be a kid again and enjoy this. Please get off the fence and just live a little. You deserve it. It will be the best decision you make. Don't ever forget to just have fun again, because I know I did that, and it was a miserable time just being an "adult".
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Geno, Tyler's last name is Davis. He will be 13 in a couple of weeks and loves football. Looks like a nice group of guys. I talked to the motel lady Saturday and she is excited about us coming to town. My wife and daughters (including Tyler's mom) don't know what to think about going all the way to Kansas to play miniature football, but they know we will have fun if you are there.

Did you try one of the holders that I told you about? I have to get my digital camera out and take some good pics to post here so other guys can see what I am talking about. See you in a few weeks. Doug
Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Geno, how are you coming on the rules for the Mid America Melee?? Looking forward to seeing them. Doug
Old 03-09-2010, 02:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Doug,
Doing the final editing. There wasnt a single document so i have had to attempt meshing the original rules with all of the changes we have made in 2008 & 2009 and a couple of twists specifically for the Tournament format. It has proven to be a HUGE task. Bear with me.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com

Last edited by Geno H : 03-09-2010 at 02:47 PM.