Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Post Oh...

I see Anthony. I hadn't realized that stoppages occured within pass attempts. That makes more sense!

Hooper- yep, you're right on about my idea. Good points by the way. I'll decide on where to go from here based on what I've learned. Thanks everyone for the input!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default HEYYYYYYYYY

FUNNY YOU PUT THIS UP AGAIN, cause i was just thinking about it yesterday.
The one frustrating thing about the sticks is when you miss the ball. I am going to play a 150 team solitaire league, so i dont have time to tweak bases for those guys so well that they reliably run straight. so what i have done is made 3 different sized targets for 3 different lengths. i am using buzzball sticks and their different lengths, and using an MPFL style "floating" football as one target (for the shortest length) another bigger target for the next length, and the biggest of the 3 for the furthest length pass. gonna see how this works out. this way, on a long pass lets say, the wr still has to run fairly straight, just doesnt have to be precisely straight to "catch" the ball.
i will post some pics of what am talking about tomorrow. gonna take a quick test run right now.

what a coincidence
Old 04-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Brian McAtee

Let us know how it goes, Hooper. I'd like to see pictures. I like your inventive mind. Make it work for you buddy!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:40 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Don't Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPER View Post
FUNNY YOU PUT THIS UP AGAIN, cause i was just thinking about it yesterday.
The one frustrating thing about the sticks is when you miss the ball. I am going to play a 150 team solitaire league, so i dont have time to tweak bases for those guys so well that they reliably run straight. so what i have done is made 3 different sized targets for 3 different lengths. i am using buzzball sticks and their different lengths, and using an MPFL style "floating" football as one target (for the shortest length) another bigger target for the next length, and the biggest of the 3 for the furthest length pass. gonna see how this works out. this way, on a long pass lets say, the wr still has to run fairly straight, just doesnt have to be precisely straight to "catch" the ball.
i will post some pics of what am talking about tomorrow. gonna take a quick test run right now.

what a coincidence

Whith the stoppages, remember that the board runs for a set amout of time for example: the board may run 1.0 seconds for the 3 remaining stoppages. Now lets say that you pass on the second stoppage and it's a 5 yard stick and the receiver is a little slow, when you turn the board off the front of the receiver base has not gone pass the football ( third stoppage ) you can adjust the receiver to the ball as you know it will be completed.

But once a player that is in position to catch the ball, and the front of that players bases passes the ball it is ruled incomplete.

Also as you see you really don't need tobe a master base twearker, or even tweak a base, the sysem will allow you to tweak the player and the play durring the play.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 PM
racingspider

Default MPFL stuff

Anthony, seeing a few of the you tube videos on your system is what began to make me think that EF can be more fun than the days when I was a kid... when the guys just went in circles and the board was left on and the players were doing silly things.

Anyway, your system really looks like it puts the strategy and thought into it. I can't wait to get my first board and get rolling!