Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > NEFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default aWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm8592 View Post
Oh btw I have a victory cigar for you, ahh guess you'll have to get it when you get (what's left) of your B-B-Q sauce .
That's low!!!! That BBQ sauce, why you have to remind me!!! Hey I want the stogie....just make sure it's not the............................

W I D O W M A K E R ! ! !

the F.O.T.H. is Nat'l
Old 02-19-2010, 05:12 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Not sure to understand...

Quote:
Some guys in our league can set all 11 offensive players in 10secs, leaving 30secs still on the clock that the Defense does not get. They only have their 15secs.
I hope you understand!!!

So, if I understand correctly, the offense and defense are set in the same time, but once the offense finish, the defense have only 15seconds ?

OR 1)the offense set up in 40 secs 2)defense set up in 15secs ?

OR ( )the offense setup in 40secs 2) defense setup in 40secs+15secs and if : 1) offense setup fast (let say 20secs on the 40secs available) 2) defense setup up in 40 secs-20secs +15secs ?

thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 07:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Nice rules

Hey National, your rules are very good! I really like the fast play. Just wanted to let you know that I play with the offense and defense setting up at the same time. Just as in real football. All formations are allowed just as in the NFL (shifting, man in motion, etc) The game is terrific. Each team must make their adjustments without hesitation. We also have a terrific style TTQB passing game that I have not seen from any other coaches on this site! Hey, PM me if you like!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You just about have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the french guy View Post

So, if I understand correctly, the offense and defense are set in the same time, but once the offense finish, the defense have only 15seconds ?

OR 1)the offense set up in 40 secs 2)defense set up in 15secs ?

OR ( )the offense setup in 40secs 2) defense setup in 40secs+15secs and if : 1) offense setup fast (let say 20secs on the 40secs available) 2) defense setup up in 40 secs-20secs +15secs ?

thanks
It's best to be setting up your defense while I'm lining up my offense. Once I'm done, you only have 15secs to finish.
If I decide to line up fast (not taking the whole 40secs) you would only have the time I used, plus 15secs!!!

You must be organized...meaning know what players you want on the board, make sure you have 11 men on the field (not 10 or 12)
I've seen coaches burn up all 3 timeouts in the first drive of the game!

Nat'l
Old 02-19-2010, 08:28 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks, but I can't take credit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgamer View Post
Hey National, your rules are very good! I really like the fast play. Just wanted to let you know that I play with the offense and defense setting up at the same time. Just as in real football. All formations are allowed just as in the NFL (shifting, man in motion, etc) The game is terrific. Each team must make their adjustments without hesitation. We also have a terrific style TTQB passing game that I have not seen from any other coaches on this site! Hey, PM me if you like!
Actually these rules have been in place in the Philly area since the mid 90's.
Myron Evans came up with this rule set, and tell you the truth, much hasn't changed since then.
1 change has been the motion & extra pivot. We use to have just 1!
The kickoff rule has changed...it use to be no adjusting by the kicking team.

So really it's amazing that we haven't and don't make major changes to the rules.
I have 1 more FAQ:

How do I kick an onside?
Well first you have to be trailing in score. And 2nd you have to tell your opponent that you are attempting an onside. Teams still line up at the same yd line(kicking on 50, receiving on 30) Every player is usually up on the line. The kick has to travel at least 10yds...but no more than 20.
A perfect onside lays on the 40yd line...just inches closer to your men, a bad onside goes further, closer to the receiving team. The board is turned on for 3secs, if no one touches the ball the board is stopped. Each team gets to pivot 4 men to the ball and the board is turned on another 3secs. If no one picks it up, it is given to the receiving team!

Hey Gamer, just email me those rules buddy. phillynefl@yahoo.com

Nat'l

PS I luv a fast paced game!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
It's best to be setting up your defense while I'm lining up my offense. Once I'm done, you only have 15secs to finish.
If I decide to line up fast (not taking the whole 40secs) you would only have the time I used, plus 15secs!!!

THank you, now I get it I believe it's too short for our level. Today afternoon I had a game with a friend, we lined up in 1minute each :

1min offense, then 1min defense,
then pivots/moves in 15sec each

I used some parts of your ruleset (for example, the pivots/moving rule), with some modifications (3 pivots max for O, D can match, 2pivots = 1 move, the figure moved is replaced exactly with the same direction he had first : so you can pivot 3 guys max, OR move one guy and pivot it OR move one guy and pivot another one)....

anyway, it was very fun, and I won 18-6 (our kicking game sucks a lot) wich makes the game even better

Your "5yd shuttle/shovel pass" looks really interesting too. I have to try that !

Last edited by the french guy : 02-19-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Corey

Do not change these rules......these rules work .....maybe just clean up a couple ....but that's about it.....oh yea and change the weight to 4.0 .....only kidding....the rules are fine......
Old 08-12-2010, 12:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Check them out

Here are the Philly rules as used in the MFCA-L championship game held in Canton, Ohio.

For more info

email phillynefl@yahoo.com

Nat'l
Old 01-08-2011, 11:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A few minor tweaks to the rules may be made

for the upcoming season..................

stay tuned.

Our rules team of Andrew S. & Joe G will make sure any changes are written into the rules book for all to understand!!!!

Here's one for the forum to chew on. Would you change your playoff OT rule like the NFL did? We try to stay as close to the nfl rule book as possible, so should we change???????????

Nat'l