Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 10:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Post My estimate:

This is only what I would pay:

this is based on what I see. The price could range up to 1800 but whatever isn't there better be good.

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Ken I agree totally. I may have every big man team made by Tudor. But it's hard to get every piece that came from the same bag. Because of injuries, KEN Allot of people do not know that the Jets in W you have to piece together from the old Jets Vs Colts Super bowl set. I think that what would have really sold this auction is if the seller would have showed pics of some more of his prize positions team like the Jets W, Denver D, New England D, and Houston D.

Dearell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
When I began collecting I learned the difference between what brings the authenticity to antique teams.

My collection was amassed "in bag", and there are many instances, as a collector, where it is very important, at least to me, that all the players or teams came from the same lot.

When I dealt big man teams I immediately let the buyers know if there was a hog leg.

I personally consider a authentic big man collection as each individual team coming from the same bag.

There are some that claim that they have a collection but very few have a true collection. The Browns for instance have that coffee color but I sold some Browns, I believe to Mark Kistner, that would clearly show the difference between authentic, as opposed to pieced together.

I am not knocking the collections as there are clearly 4 teams that came from the same lot. Just because they used toothpicks to paint them does not mean that you can't see the difference.

It's like getting one painted by Guttman, One Stacey, One Chucl Lawrence, etc. etc.

Just my thoughts. Take a closer look now and tell me what you see.
""Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.........We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, Handsome, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are we not to be?"
Old 08-23-2010, 03:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up You really can.

Piece together the Jets but I actually purchased a set that had all 11 big men. You get them with the AFC/NFC 500 size game. Even the receivers. It was because they transitioned Eagles in white I believe that were not big sellers. Most teams that were not big sellers, ie, New Orleans, Dallas, Detroit, Eagles, were not big sellers at that time and some were recycled.

I just don't want people to make a considerable mistake then find the true worth.

Besides, the seller would get a better price selling then in team sets or even more individually.

That way the seller gets the best price from the bidding pool and the buyer gets to evaluate what they want.

Painstaking, but fair to everyone!

Just my thoughts.

PS, I can't contact you "D" if you don't send a number. No, I don't owe him, yet!

Last edited by sweetka : 08-23-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Negotiating

Quote:
This is only what I would pay:

this is based on what I see. The price could range up to 1800 but whatever isn't there better be good.

Just my thoughts.
Ken very interesting. I have actually contacted the seller to negotiate purchasing this collection and $1200.00 (a little less than $30.00 per team) is what I was considering as a good offer. The main reason I want to purchase this collection is to create a museum quality traveling display to use as a promotional tool to help promote the MFCA and the game and hobby itself.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

dang. remember, i got over 450 teams and 23 boards with close to 3000 bases, and 4k might get that.