Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Miggle Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 02:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mike,

Thanks for the response. I am fine. I just wanted to get a final clarification as I saw that this issue had been sitting for a few days. Plus, I had read on the other forum where you had told another coach that he had to re-base his teams since they were out of spec. Like I said, I wanted to get clarification before I spent anymore time on tweaking my team.

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
JIMBO

Default YIKES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetDakota View Post
Mike,

What is the status of this? I seem to have misplaced my scale so I can not check my players weights, but if this is true, how in the world can Miggle come back 10 days before the convention and modify the rules like this? With my team, I did everything that the rules allowed us to do and could do, namely purchase an "official" Miggle team, add facemasks and water slide decals, and now the rules are revised with weight limitations that may make my team over weight and not allowed to play?

I understand weight rules and why they exist but to make them so restrictive that even Miggle admits that the players are borderline right out of the plastic seems extremely ill-conceived.

If Miggle is going to impose all of these equipment rules, why not just give everyone (or require us to purchase) a team and a pack of bases straight out of the box as we enter the room on Saturday?

This is what is wrong with this game/hobby. Way too many different rules and standards. It drives players away, not bring them in.

Mike...you are a good guy and I trust that you work with them to do what is right here.

Hughston
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTTMANN View Post
Hughston,

Chill out!

The weights were put there to let everyone know what they were right out of the bag. Some EFL figures are over and we'll deal with that Friday. We did NOT make major rule changes that would effect everyone's play. Most of the changes were just "typos" from the previous rules set put up.

Every tournament has different rules and no one can please everyone. Yes, the paint jobs are not that great but I/we can't do anything about that. I don't like them either, but I can't paint 500 teams for them. LOL They couldn't pay me enough, hell, I don't get paid anything anyways.

We will be discussing everything Friday night. Everyone be there and please bring reminders of what you would like to discuss. Or see me, I arrive Thursday.

fyi-I didn't make the rules
(A) MIGGLE didn't write anything, nor did they create any weight limits, so refrain from accusing them. "nodave" and "GUTTMAN" are VOLUNTEERS!!!! They have volunteered to coordinate this event. Without them we wouldn't be having this discussion because I'm quite certain there wouldn't be a Miggle Con to speak of. It's really not that big of a deal if a few things get "tweaked."

(B) If your equipment is right outta the bag, you're fine. Relax a lil. 0.1g won't disqualify us. I just got ILLINOIS and most are on the limit, so no facemasks for them. Not a big deal.

(C) Different rules make this hobby just like any other hobby i.e. trains, rc cars, planes, etc. There are only a handful of games out there that don't have different versions and even those have "house rules" so to accuse anyone - Miggle or any other Tournament host - of driving players away, I think that is an inaccurate statement.

(D) First round's on Miggle Friday Night!!!