Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
MFCA Member #3

Default My two cents on the subject

Restrictions on equipment...hmmm...why do we do it...well several reasons...

1. Character: Each league is unique, unique in the coaches, unique in the rules and unique in how they play the game...it gives each league character, in which I think helps the game in the long run.

2. Simple: It is my belief and there are some who agree with me, that in some relms we need to keep the game simple to make it grow. Now I am not saying we don't need to have advanced leagues...we do...but I am seeing less and less leagues with simple rules. Overwhelming rules can intimidate anyone...for a newbie it defeats them before they even step on the field. Making the rules for equipment helps in standardization for each league and keeps things simple.

3. Finally-Comfort: Each league has a comfort zone and in each comfort zone is a group of coaches who know each other well and usually have learned to play together. When you change that comfort zone, then problems are bound to a rise. For example, if I was to intoduce boiled bases into my league the first response would be negative and most likely the league would have serious problems. In the end this hobby is supposed to be fun and promote fellowship...

My two cents

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My opinion

If it has been mass produced as original manufactures equipment then it ought to be allowed. What I don't like is chemically altering (or boiling) bases and adding weights to bases to gain strength advantages or figures that have had limbs cut and /or melted to create absurdly looking poses or grossly bulked up to add more weight and destroy the uniform details.

But I also believe that if you want to play in a certain league or tournament then abide by their rules and build your teams and hone your skills accordingly. A lot of thought and hard work goes into writing a set of rules and deciding what equipmet to use.

You are never going to be able to please everyone. It's been tried. It's not going to happen.

I think we have come very close to some form of unity with the creation of the MFCA. There is definely more activity on the MFCA forum than any other forum and it has become my number 1 resource and reference for what is going on in miniature football.

Anyway that's just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Coach

Default weirdwolf this

is exactly what we are talking about, no targets, the player is the target, learn how to get your receivers off the line and get open, aim your qb and hit the receiver. whoever has the fastest guy wins???, this ain't a speed competition, use SKILL to hit receivers whether they are covered or not, if covered tight interceptions will occur just like real football. again put the chop sticks away, learn how to get receivers open, learn how to pass with a ttqb and quit finding ways to take things away from the offense. my point, it takes time to make a receiver that gets open, how does this occur, by putting time into your hobby to make a base that is hard to cover and stop developing short cuts because you cant get a receiver open, again this is how I know your skill level is limited. I passed for 7,900 yards in one season and I never used sticks, it was my receiver against his db, why did my receivers get open, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and more practice and I don't use boat bases on my receivers either, imagine that.

vince
Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Coach

Amen Vince....but man, I have to say, I love my boat bases. I also like R/L's, brown bases, ITZ dials and more!! Sure...they each have their advantages, but both sides can use them. Now...the one subject we really haven't touched on is weight limits. I prefer 4.0 as the limit...it allows all the custom figures to make it into the game. I even like the idea of a weighted league that creates different weight limits for each set of positions...but I haven't tried it yet. It would be cool though.....linemen are bigger than skill players....like in real life....well, sometimes anyway!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default How Many Yards

7,900 yards! How many games did you play to get that stat? 50!

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-02-2008, 09:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I can see where leagues would not allow certain products that weren't available to everyone.. (IE-discontinued stuff)

I've boiled bases for my solitaire league.. some of them are monsters..
BUT.. they wouldn't meet weight requirements anyway..

Whatever a group of guys.. (not a single person).. decide amongst themselves to play is fine..

What I don't agree with.. Is some of this.. "you can play with this, but you can't tweak it to run backwards".. Or when it's obvious there is an agenda there.. "you can't play with this, even if you make it make weight", and it doesn't have a larger footprint, isn't wider, nor taller than a Miggle Bigman Wide Arm
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

1) BOAT BASES - In Los Angeles, we have always allowed new products with no restrictions on the number of the item wheter it be Cover Corners, Boat Bases, or whatever. Coaches who can't hang seem to whine and complain, then the manufacturer stops making a great product.

2) BOILED BASES- We allow boiled bases. I think more coaches should have a better sense of integrity, honor, sportsmanship, & honesty when it comes to playing EF/MF.That is the only way the hobby will grow. I feel that if you are a true EF/MF Head, then you should want to put in the time and learn how to improove your team instead of going to the best base tweaker and asking him to do your team. I understand going to him for tips and learning how to do things your self, but coaches just dropping their team off, and running two plays the whole game is not the coach I want to sit across from. As Vikes68 said "practice, practice, practice". Also, tweaking is required of boiled bases to get them to perform, the same as tweaking is needed for unboiled bases.

3)THE TDQ - Just got mine...I will go back and forth between it, and the traditional passing QB. I like Geno's new QB, I just wish it was made of the soft flexible plastic due to durability issues. Ordered 2, one of the arms was broken off during shipping. Also, I think there will be lots of interceptions as well.

4) why are brown bases outlawed, exactly what is so different about the brown base from the others - Never owned one. When competing against them, never had a problem wit em. Haven't found them to be any stronger than anything I already have.

5) ice cream miggle footballs - Don't know what it is...is it the big EFDW Football? If so, I like it. I think you should be able to throw with any ball that fits your game, and in Los Angeles you can.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotixblack View Post
1) BOAT BASES - In Los Angeles, we have always allowed new products with no restrictions on the number of the item wheter it be Cover Corners, Boat Bases, or whatever. Coaches who can't hang seem to whine and complain, then the manufacturer stops making a great product.

2) BOILED BASES- We allow boiled bases. I think more coaches should have a better sense of integrity, honor, sportsmanship, & honesty when it comes to playing EF/MF.That is the only way the hobby will grow. I feel that if you are a true EF/MF Head, then you should want to put in the time and learn how to improove your team instead of going to the best base tweaker and asking him to do your team. I understand going to him for tips and learning how to do things your self, but coaches just dropping their team off, and running two plays the whole game is not the coach I want to sit across from. As Vikes68 said "practice, practice, practice". Also, tweaking is required of boiled bases to get them to perform, the same as tweaking is needed for unboiled bases.

3)THE TDQ - Just got mine...I will go back and forth between it, and the traditional passing QB. I like Geno's new QB, I just wish it was made of the soft flexible plastic due to durability issues. Ordered 2, one of the arms was broken off during shipping. Also, I think there will be lots of interceptions as well.
4) why are brown bases outlawed, exactly what is so different about the brown base from the others - Never owned one. When competing against them, never had a problem wit em. Haven't found them to be any stronger than anything I already have.

5) ice cream miggle footballs - Don't know what it is...is it the big EFDW Football? If so, I like it. I think you should be able to throw with any ball that fits your game, and in Los Angeles you can.

Eric,
You did not contact me with your problem. I need to know these things to remedy any issues. To answer your question on soft plastic/hard plastic, The TDQ design places NO stress on the plastic. The spring handles it all. There is no reason during normal use as a game piece that the figure should break. You stated that it was broke in shipping.???????

Contact me and I will remedy any problems that you have with the TDQ.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

You run what you brung and in the LA style of play you can do just that. I was only exposed to their ruleset just recently, but I like it. There are few limitations and it creates the opportunity for a level of competition and a top notch MF experience, as there are many, many options one can employ.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:57 PM
DOOMSDAY78

Default Electric Coach.....

This Season Bust My Butt To Pass For Just Over A 2,500 Yards In A 13 Game Season. So I Was Definitly Thinking The Samething About Those 7,900 Yards. And Kotixblack I Like Your Leagues Style, And I Absolutely Love Your Big Shows, I Have #5. You Guys Have The Best Ef Games I've Ever Seen On A Dvd. I Appreciated Your In Put On This Complicated Subject.