Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA Rules have been a subject of continuous debate. I have felt from the start that the MFCA should have a set of rules that was the product of a collective effort with coaches that are a part of the Association. A poll confirmed that the majority of coaches wanted to see a set of MFCA rules. The matter was tabled but I hope we re-visit this issue at the MFCA Convention Camp out.

Perhaps an article regarding this issue may also make a good subject for the next issue of "The Tweak".....
Old 01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post
thanks Hooper, you have made the high end sound out of my class.....Glad that my prices are in the middle.

k-lo
Doesnt mean i cant find someone cheaper
Old 01-27-2009, 03:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
$89 bucks, huh. Well...I guess that was better then my plan of waiting out in the parking lot at the Miggle convention with a ski mask and catching you guys comin' out one-by-one.

I thought i saw a shadow behind a car
Old 01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default a set of rules to start from ...

I agree that there should be a base line set of rules for someone to start from.

one can always add on and change, .....but for some reason or another, many are intimidated that a base line set of rules somehow evokes "hate" because their more complex rules set isn't copied, ......or, ......then some WILL get upset if their rules are copied ...

How many times have we seen newbies post: "How do you play?" And the response is there are a million different ways to play, ..........that response does nothing to to "START" the newbie on his way.......it only puts them back at where they were when they first posted, .............. the "all sorts of way to play" response does nothing to give the newbie a foothold to start from.... Lets get them started first, ......

I'm not saying that all members must abide by this rule set, .............I'm saying lets give the newbie something to start from....let it be their decision to branch out if they choose.

I don't think this hobby has the luxury of letting folks browse with nothing in their hands to compare. WE are in a micro wave society, and people want things now, .............and they don't want to search for it, as we have seen by many different folks asking the same questions over again.

It can be packaged like this on the FAQ page, ...........Rules: MFCA recommended Getting Started Rules.

AND it should also be at the top of the Rules Forum......

An MFCA Rules set YES, ....... A forced way to play???? No...
........................but a heck of good place to START!

Last edited by Coach Rip : 01-27-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rip View Post
I agree that there should be a base line set of rules for someone to start from.

one can always add on and change, .....but for some reason or another, many are intimidated that a base line set of rules somehow evokes "hate" because their more complex rules set isn't copied, ......or, ......then some WILL get upset if their rules are copied ...

How many times have we seen newbies post: "How do you play?" And the response is there are a million different ways to play, ..........that response does nothing to to "START" the newbie on his way.......it only puts them back at where they were when they first posted, .............. the "all sorts of way to play" response does nothing to give the newbie a foothold to start from.... Lets get them started first, ......

I'm not saying that all members must abide by this rule set, .............I'm saying lets give the newbie something to start from....let it be their decision to branch out if they choose.

I don't think this hobby has the luxury of letting folks browse with nothing in their hands to compare. WE are in a micro wave society, and people want things now, .............and they don't want to search for it, as we have seen by many different folks asking the same questions over again.

It can be packaged like this on the FAQ page, ...........Rules: MFCA recommended Getting Started Rules.

Very good points George.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rip View Post

Now, that's something I can get behind.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Nice

Good ideas coach rip!!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Coach Rip

Absolutely great post. Excellent suggestions and great starting point.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:30 AM
Coach

This is a great topic.
There is nothing wrong with any style of play you chose.
It's just that, your choice.
A great place to start with a new rules set might be to first reveiw what are the most common factors between current rules sets...ie. line splits, def. headup or gap, motions angles and adjustments. weight must also be addressed.
Evaluate/debat the most common rules and then add from there.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
Ron C.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Now, who has the cahonies to lead this venture, to define the parameters with the idea, I am a new coach, never played the game? Envision yourself playing at a mall and a boy and his mother step up and say those magic words, "How do you play?" What is your answer and you are only going to have their attention for 10 minutes, tops!

We need to find the common denominators that extend through most or all forms of play and take it section by section. You must keep it basic from explaining the difference between a platform and a base to definitions of TTC , TDQ, TTQB and any touch tackling.

Most rules begin with the objective of the game followed by the allowed equipment.

Let's begin.....Section 1....

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!