Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2010, 06:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Post I agree to some extent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintcelo View Post
this is awesome... Great responses... Id love to have a crack at voicing my opinion for next year on rules.

Mike, All you points are very honest and valid, thank you... except for the unlimited pointer bases and cover corners we allow out here. I speak for myself, since mid season last year before canton ive been sticking to the rules of cbsmf as far a base rules. I only have 2 pointer bases on my "O" thats it. I have 4 cover corners on my "D" but only 2 are in the game at 1 time... if my starters aint doing it... I got back ups. I have brought in a 3rd a few times this year cause I was up against 4 or more pointer bases... and that sucks. I agree with the no more than 2 rule 100%.

Honestly I've been ready for Canton for along time now. I don't like being caught with my pants down.

Ken, calling out a receiver is crucial... because, if you hit another receiver that you were not intending to hit.. you should not be able to advance. WHY? You ask...?
It's like playing pool... you gotta call your shot. Because if you dont make it in the hole you called and it banks off and ends up in another hole... Well thats a "slop" you get to keep the ball in the whole but you can not advance.
So in a sense hitting the wrong receiver is a "SLOP"

mr. sensitive, celo
mike
I have four cover corners as well. I see some coaches slightly altering cover corners so they don't qualify yet they get on the field as extras. I have boat bases, but I prefer not to use them as a matter of preference. To be honest I wouldn't care how many are on the feild because I don't believe in any restrictions. At some point that needs to be addressed.

I understand the pool analogy but pool is pool and football is football. I will play by the rules regarding the passing or any rule that is written. I just don't agree because we are playing football and passes are tipped, wrong routes are run, and players are overthrown yet a player running the wrong route catches it and takes it to the house. We should not play judge and jury of the pass. Just my opinion.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good conversation!

Guys,

This is a good, positive conversation. For next season, perhaps the rules committee can have a representative from different regions to help improve the rule set.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I sort of get it Celo

But...... most cases there is just one receiver in the area. 4 receivers left one right. You throw right with a wide open field and can't advance because you didn't say..... Throwing to 87 who is all alone by himself with no other offensive player even blockers near him...... That ain't pool that's poop. Just my 2 cents on this good topic (rules)
Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel_G View Post
But...... most cases there is just one receiver in the area. 4 receivers left one right. You throw right with a wide open field and can't advance because you didn't say..... Throwing to 87 who is all alone by himself with no other offensive player even blockers near him...... That ain't pool that's poop. Just my 2 cents on this good topic (rules)

Uuuhhhh.....J-Swagz, for using the word "poop" you are hereby drafted to be on the rules committee for next season.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default celo

Quote:
I CAN'T WAIT FOR CANTON... Most of all... just to hang with ya'll... well not JD lol

WOW WHAT DID I DO TO YOU MY FRIEND?
BUT IT'S ALL GOOD

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post

WOW WHAT DID I DO TO YOU MY FRIEND?
BUT IT'S ALL GOOD
Celo's just jerking around, trust me!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Just making sure the HULK aint asleep... all in fun
Old 05-27-2010, 08:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I think calling out the receiver is great. It is a mental part of the game that can really cost you...so call that receiver's name or number.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mental????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotixblack View Post
I think calling out the receiver is great. It is a mental part of the game that can really cost you...so call that receiver's name or number.
What setting up and sweating by the end of the game is not enough?

Name and number?

I guess we'll agree to disagree on that. I just can't rap my thoughts around that. The game has enough nuances to me.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default bases

I SEE THAT MONROE AND COLECO BASES ARE LEGAL ,BUT WHAT ABOUT GOTHAM BASES................