Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Congrats to Raiderman and Adrian!

I didn't get to see the last 4 plays as I was rushing to catch my plane. I heard it was exciting though.

One question.....
When Adrian won, did someone pull the chair away?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Great Event

Adrian played a great game and is an awesome coach. He was the only coach I wanted to play this weekend and I got my chance. It was a great game (7-6 was the score in case you were wondering) with opportunities missed on both sides. You deserve the title bud and you can bet that in 2010 I will be the LAST person to sign in Saturday morning so I can play you again in round one!! Not saying I'll win or that it will even be as close as it was this time but I'd rather lose in round one and save time than to go through two tough days of games just to play the best coach.

Thanks to George and Mike and Mike on a well run event also. Everything was VERY smooth and great time was had by everyone. It was great to see all of my old friends and make some new ones too.

Now get some sleep!!

RAIDERMAN
Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Adrian my friend congrats again for another Championship

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default GREAT TIME!!!

The weekend was great! An All-Star Cast!!! Congrats to Adrian Baxter (2 Time BUZZBALL Champ!!!) and Raiderman for getting there again. These are perennial class-acts and stand-up coaches!!!

Go Steelers!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Man...

Save some for us lil guys bro! haha...Don't do that because I wouldn't. Make em earn it A.B. You're the best there is my friend! Congrats!

Last edited by Hook'em Horns : 03-30-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Congrats

Adrian, my friend, congratulations on the victory and good to see that you are now much more stress free in the throws of battle.

You've got my number, sir. Thought I had you beat in the semifinals when I was up 10-7 at the half and receiving the opening kickoff. But, like the champion you were, you battled back, came up with a couple key sacks, took the lead and held on. I'll be seeing my #13 in my sleep just miss that wide open pass. Ifs and almosts...

The hobby takes a lot of crap, and slings more than its share...but when it is time to talk about some of the great guys, Adrian Baxter is definitely in the top few. I'm not talking about his time on the board, where he is rock solid with his X's and O's...I'm talking about his time off the board when you don't see him. Here's just a couple of mentions of what a class guy he is:

1) When he and I were done with our game and waiting on the title game, we talked through the defense he was playing and what he was thinking in certain situations. I genuinely thinks he wants me to beat him, though I know I'll have to earn it by playing lights out. I enjoy the chess match (yes, chess) and after the game I enjoy understanding what someone did, just as I'm more than happy to share what I was thinking as well. Adrian has always been more than forthright in discussing strategy and ways to coach...a lot of coaches wouldn't have that conversation in fear of being beat the next time. Adrian just wants us all to continue to be better coaches.

2) After the tourney, if he won it was Adrian's plan all along to donate his bases to a newer coach to help get them started. He did just that...quietly, behind the scenes, and asking no money in return. He can certainly tweak as his guys were flying around and strong...if you could've seen the look on the coach's face, it was priceless. That was what the hobby was all about.

As for other thank you's...

Great Lakes Guys: The banter continues!!!! Rivalries are fun and you guys are all friends first, coaches second. Chuck & Norbert...really enjoyed our games. You guys are top notch coaches and I know it is just a matter of time until my good fortune runs out...but until then it sure was fun putting Ohio State on the board against Michigan guys...Jim, you may be the Hulk, and CorEy may be FOTH...but I be Great Lakes Kryptonite!!

Raiderman: Thx for the rides to and fro and for being a great host and friend as always. Very nice run and it could've gone either way!

Grecos: Always enjoy our conversations and was nice to get on the board for some scrimmaging after all was said and done. Awesome game versus Raiderman. If anyone underestimates your coaching skills and mastery of the X's and O's...they are vastly mistaken!

Guttmann: It's a shame we have to go 1000 miles to see each other...we definitely have to play more EF and get things in MN moving again somehow.

Pratt & George: Thx for putting on a great event! As always, enjoyed myself immensely.

DC Guys: You always make me feel at home when I go there and always make me feel like part of your group when I see you at other event...much luv!

Will Travers: Another of my favorite guys in the hobby! They don't come much nicer than Will and it was sure fun getting on the board with you.

CorEy: Your game against Jim Davis was definitely the funniest to listen to. Always fun swapping stories.

Andrew: Enjoyed the 1 on 1 passing contest on Saturday night and you sure can sling the pill! Almost every pass you threw was right between the numbers. It's only a matter of time until we start seeing your name on some of these trophies.

The rest of the Philly guys: I envy your league and more importantly your comradarie. Ed, Brian, Glenn, Al, etc...you represent well.

Jerry M...very nice run this year!

All the other coaches who I should mention by name...you all make this hobby what it is...a gathering of friends!

Last edited by MplsTom : 03-30-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

tom said "it sure was fun putting Ohio State on the board against Michigan guys...Jim, you may be the Hulk, and CorEy may be FOTH...but I be Great Lakes Kryptonite!!" now that's funny my friend but true.

tom cant Waite to play you some day my friend because Kryptonite can't hurt the hulk.

and corey is not the FOTH he's just plain old corey.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Jim D

Well said, Jim...I look forward to playing you some day and I'm sure it will be a great game.

I say that if the NBA has the Jerry West dribbling pose as its logo, we should have the pic of Jimmy D raising his hand at the Miggle championship as our hobby's logo. That picture about said it all!!!!

Glad to see you all made it home safely to Michigan and we'll keep you posted as to anything going on in the fall in Minnesota.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Another Championship for this youngfella

Excellent job done this weekend Adrian, like I said the last 4 years, nothing but class all the way, on and off the field, congrats buddy.

Norbert Revels
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

any pics from the weekend?