Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Grade for the Winter Issue of The Tweak
A :Thought issue was excellent 25 67.57%
B: Thought issue was good, but lacked something 9 24.32%
C: Needs more variety and improvement 2 5.41%
F: Worst issue yet... 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2009, 09:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post
we need more articles from others...you too have something to add!
K-Lo, You nailed it....guys have to realize that these magazines only are as good as the effort put out by the membership. This isn't mine and Matt and Al's magazine...it's everybodies in the MFCA! So if it didn't meet someones expectations of quality, then maybe that someone didn't bother to contribute. You all better be very thankful that Matt is the person he is, because without his fortitude, I would have personally ditched the idea of a magazine months ago. This last issue was the toughest one we have had to do because people just don't seem to want to get involved, contribute articles or photos even when it benefits their own league or products.

I personally wouldn't have asked for opinions because the people that didn't like it or checked the worst ever, I know made NO effort to contribute to its content.

This is YOUR association, YOUR magazine...take some OWNERSHIP or accept what is laid in front of you.....I get cranky around holiday time!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-27-2009, 11:13 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Who voted worst issue ever?

Man up and stand by your vote.

Show yourself!

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Personaly, I would vote "the BEST issue ever"....since I'm in !

More seriously, I've got a few ideas for articles for next issue...something quite different (but not so diferent, I will not teach you french football strategy, don't worry ) of the articles I do for MFCA.org
Old 11-27-2009, 06:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Tweak....

I just recieved my issue and I think it's pretty good.I've
only seen one other issue to compare it to but both were/are
done very well and the articles/stories are interesting.
I'm happy with it as well as my "Gold-Membership"
status.Glad to be part of the group. ( again.....LOL)

SEMPER FI,
Chris Stacey
Hampton,VA.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Coach

Default Tweak issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
K-Lo, You nailed it....guys have to realize that these magazines only are as good as the effort put out by the membership. This isn't mine and Matt and Al's magazine...it's everybodies in the MFCA! So if it didn't meet someones expectations of quality, then maybe that someone didn't bother to contribute. You all better be very thankful that Matt is the person he is, because without his fortitude, I would have personally ditched the idea of a magazine months ago. This last issue was the toughest one we have had to do because people just don't seem to want to get involved, contribute articles or photos even when it benefits their own league or products.

I personally wouldn't have asked for opinions because the people that didn't like it or checked the worst ever, I know made NO effort to contribute to its content.

This is YOUR association, YOUR magazine...take some OWNERSHIP or accept what is laid in front of you.....I get cranky around holiday time!

Since it is MY magazine, I'm willing to contribute to the next issue. I know I'm virtually unknown in the EF world and I don't have any special skills that I can share (other than I what I learned on this board). I'm just getting back on my feet since suffering a stroke in July 2009. Painting teams for my solitaire league during my recovery has been very therapeutic to me.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARamsfan View Post
Since it is MY magazine, I'm willing to contribute to the next issue. I know I'm virtually unknown in the EF world and I don't have any special skills that I can share (other than I what I learned on this board). I'm just getting back on my feet since suffering a stroke in July 2009. Painting teams for my solitaire league during my recovery has been very therapeutic to me.
Yes...it is YOUR magazine . Contact Matt with article ideas at: mmmculp@comcast.net

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

The magazine issue was awsome! I enjoy every publication and appreciate the effort and commitment by those that put it together. It is now time for us that are sitting on the sidelines to come up with some ideas and pictures for the next issue.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default well said

Very well said
Old 12-01-2009, 10:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'd like to say that honesty is the best policy. If you didn't care for this issue, don't feel pressured into saying it was great. Let's face it, some issues will be better than others. We've done 10 so far, one will stand out as the best ever, so far, and one will be the worst, so far. The important thing is that we learn and continue to try and improve each issue to make them the best that we can.

Having said that, we need feedback from everyone. Please let us know what we can do to be better. If you don't want to say it here, you can PM Matt or myself and let us know. So far there have been 37 votes, out of 250 members. That's only 15%. Where's the other 85%???

You guys need to speak up and let your voice be heard. This is your Tweak, not mine, Lynn and Matt's. We need articles and ideas. Don't worry about how good or bad your writing or spelling or grammer is. We can and do correct these things. That's our jobs. You want variety, we want variety.

People get on the chat board and write mini-essays all the time. It doesn't take that much more effort to write a nice 1 or 2 page article. I'm sure guys are getting tired of reading my stuff, I know I am. I'm sure Matt feels the same way.

So, help a couple of poor guys out and grab your keyboards and start typing away. There's an old saying, as you sow, so shall you reap. Think about it!