Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 03:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

our rules state that the safeties have to be atleast 12 yards off the los .
Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ALL FOR THE PRONGLESS ALSO

COACHES,

Im for the prongless also but when the board stops he cant run over and make a tackle unless you switch the figure completely which im all for also.

1)board stops

2) rule allows you to replace that stationary safety with a moveable saftey from the sidlines. This will be just like interchanging the immobile qb for a mobile qb during audibles.

shab, i think the board will always stop way before any runner gets to te saftey. Any rule should state that once the board stops anyone on a magnet must come off of that magnet. its just to hold the position.

DEFINITELY LIKE THE PRONGLESS BASE AS LONG AS YOU CAN GRAB A SAFETY FROM THE SIDELINE.it will be the same time limit to adjust as someone turn the wheels on a ttc base.

***It was never just about the magnet, its more about the safety standing there naturally without spinning.

is that duable in some leagues. As long as you place the safety in the same exact spot as the stationary safety, should be no problem.

mantaraydre
Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA Spinning or prongless!

Any good coach can see the angle of your receiver when he breaks and strategically place his "Totem Pole" in the path. It's way too easy actually as these are inanimate objects. One other thing I found quite intriguing is they can be 12 yards off the line of scrimmage. I think we play 15. A lineman firing downfield was part of the strategy here because as soon as you engated the magnet the board was stopped, the magnet replaced with the man on prongs, then play continued.

I actually like the Idea of a prongless base as it can also play off a bad block as well.

Just my thoughts!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I don't know if I am intelligent enough...

to answer this but I will explain from the Shootout perspective.

One of the things about the the defensive schemes in the Shootout style is that all parts work hand-in-hand. The logic behind the safeties spinning in motion is similar to safeties being out of position on pass plays.

If the defensive schemes are correct, the safety will not be out of place. This is based on a 2-second rule of thumb it takes to get to the QB. Also, from the Shootout perspective, it gives the safeties the opportunity to shine, to show their speed, and athleticism after a read-and-react situation.

Furthermore, from my perspective, it gives TTC bases a viable part in the defensive schemes. With players on magnets standing still, in my opinion, it just make people go out and get simply speed bases able to move straight ahead. That takes me back to rule sets that preach hitting the receiver and angle him to go straight ahead to score. It takes the preparation time out of putting an 11-man defensive unit together based on elements of football that promote team chemistry.

From a physics standpoint, if anyone knows anything about magnets on metal, it creates a type of gravitational force that make it impossible for little football figures to move. Some people hide behind, "Well, he's a long ways away from the play so it should not be a problem?" If I push a player into a stationary man that does not move, even on one play, that is a problem because that play may be so crucial to the outcome of a game. The magnet thing is the very reason I do not play in the DFW League because most people lacked the knowledge to understand the impact of magnets. You argue it to those who are not knowlegeable and want to win at any cost, not understanding that it is really a method of cheating.

Honestly, I see no problem with prongless bases at the safety position other than the lack of "having to know your player" in the read-react scenario. In certain situations, he will still be out of place. And then, what would be the excuse or argument.

Andre, I may not intelligently be able to give you the answer that you are looking for but as the author of a ruleset that I tried to apply my logic as an athlete, student of the game, and MF'er. This is how I justify the logic I have under the Shootout Ruleset. You may be talking about other rulesets, and that's what I am assuming, but it does give me a chance to clarify any misunderstanding about rules which have worked pretty darn good for over 35 years.

Reginald Rutledge

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 07-29-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default DROP THE MAGNETS

ALL

I am 1 trillion percent in favor of the prongless base and dropping the magnets. They both serve the same purpose. The only difference is if a player runs into a safety on a prongless base. it's like he threw a serious block and knocked him out of the way.

There should be NO PROBLEM with interchanging players when the board stops. look at it as an audible after the ball is snapped and play is in motion.

You do it with a qb (stationary) before the snap to hold his position in the shotgun. If a rush is coming and you want to scramble, what do you do.
Take out the stationary qb and replace him with a mobile qb. WHY ? So he is able to run. Same exact thing can happen with the safeties.

coaches only spin there safeties because it was the only solution years ago until someone came up with a better idea.

ALL FOR PRONGLESS BASES ON SAFETIES THEN REPLACING THEM WITH ACTIVE SAFETIES ON FAST ROOKIE BASES TO CLOSE IN A MAKE THE TACKLE.

If you can switch qb's in and out, why not safeties !

MANTARAYDRE
Old 08-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Coach

If the spinning base serves the same purpose as the magnet, then you already answered your question....just use the spinning base that is allowed.

Magnets on safeties disrupt receivers and backs in their routes. There is also potential for abuse. I am not saying anyone would do it intentionally, mind you ...but if a defensive adjustment leads to the safety creeping into the box, he could be a formidable obstacle to a run play.