Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default the pill pic

Here is a pic of the yellowish pill by the 4 and some leather skins along with a miggle white felt ball that I bought on ebay.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneinsf View Post
We use da pill in SF with no problems remember the coach still has to complete the pass and we have had a coach complete 90% and we had a coach complete 1% of passes using da pill. The biggest issue was the choice of QB. The coaches in my league voted not to use the newer TDQ because it was unfair to those who have used the older standard tudor/ miggle QB's all the time. So we only use the standard QB's for league games and that can be a challenge.

Please explain the TDQ vs the TTQB issue further. How is it unfair?

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default TDQ vs TTQB

"Please explain the TDQ vs the TTQB issue further. How is it unfair?"
Since we first started playing in the 70's we only used the TTQB's and when I tried to introduce the TDQ's late last year a majority of the coaches voted to use the older TTQB instead. Most said that the new TDQ made passing too easy and preferred the challenge of passing with the older TTQB.
I now have a righty and lefty TDQ that I can only use in practice.
Nothing wrong with the product I bought two last year and it's more of a preference thing.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for the explanation Wayne.
One more question though........Can you use 1st,2nd,3rd or 4a run Proline bases even though they are better than the other bases?

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22

Last edited by Geno H : 10-15-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Coach

I use the TDQ and have done so for the last two years. While it has helped improve my passing...and is a good fit for me....I led the CBSMF in INT's as well as attempts. Many coaches are better passers than me with their TTQB's and although the TDQ is allowed to be used by anyone out here in the LAEFL, I am the only one who uses it. I have no idea how that makes the TDQ unfair. In fact, all it did was make it possible for me to compete on a more even footing with my opposition. It is available to any coach that wants to buy it....just like 1st run Prolines and many other rare and expensive EF toys.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

my only grip with the TDQ QB is in the way it stand to throw...the way the arm is positioned.. ( the TTQB has its arm to the back of the figure. the TDQs is in the front) intentional or not allows the user to lean that thing almost 3 yard past the line of scrimmage before he throws the ball.... i have played against it and had passes completed against me because of that fact. with the normal ttqb they would not have been able to have thrown the pass. its just a long lanky thing that gives the user a slight advantage in being able to just lean over the defense and fire away....and we use hand up linemen.

but thats just my opinion... no knock on the product or the users..to each there own.

Last edited by Pirate Rick : 10-15-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Equipment choice's

We allow the bigger football and the TDQ in the CEFL and have had no big
change in league scoring. We have found that the TDQ takes just as much practice and skill to use as does the Triple Threat,same with the bigger ball.
If the ball is thrown straight it will hit the target, the extra size has really no bearing.The bigger balls are easier to see and last much longer than the smaller ones which we see as a plus.
We feel the TDQ and the bigger footballs are great new additions to the game and players should have the option of using them but I can understand that other leagues choose to stay with traditional equipment and that's ok too.
I'm just glad we have some options!
Larue
Old 10-15-2010, 01:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Rick View Post
my only grip with the TDQ QB is in the way it stand to throw...the way the arm is positioned.. ( the TTQB has its arm to the back of the figure. the TDQs is in the front) intentional or not allows the user to lean that thing almost 3 yard past the line of scrimmage before he throws the ball.... i have played against it and had passes completed against me because of that fact. with the normal ttqb they would not have been able to have thrown the pass. its just a long lanky thing that gives the user a slight advantage in being able to just lean over the defense and fire away....and we use hand up linemen.

but thats just my opinion... no knock on the product or the users..to each there own.
Thats not quite true. The TDQ's arm is at his side (realistic) not front. The TTQB is the oddball with his arm behind his head. BUT....I understand what you are saying. The flip side of that scenario Rick is with a defender in his face the TTQB would have the advantage. Correct?????? So it seems to me that it is a wash. I knew when I introduced the TDQ & TDK that they would be met with resistance and thats OK by me. It really truly is and always has been.

What I never get tired of hearing is when a coach tells me thank you NOW I TOO have a passing game.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Old 10-15-2010, 02:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
The flip side of that scenario Rick is with a defender in his face the TTQB would have the advantage. Correct??????
No not correct at all... with a defender in its face the ttqb has a even harder time throwing due to its arm location.

you have to lean it over to throw and a defender right in front of the qb does not allow it to lean...so you have to try and wiggle it around at weird angles to throw.

the tdq on the other hand just drops over the defender due to its arm location and can still pass..

but like i said.. its here...its accepted... i have to deal with it...not everyone is going to like everything there is to use, but i have seen it help out the coach who uses it here and it has made him a big threat now as to where before he could not hit a buffalo with a bazooka.

still no knock on the product. it does what its supposed to do, and at least you put yourself out there to create something for the betterment of our hobby.

Last edited by Pirate Rick : 10-15-2010 at 02:17 PM.