Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2007, 09:39 PM
griggie1969

Default cowboys

i was depressed for two days, im finally getting over it.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:07 AM
OldSchool

Thumbs up Words of encouragement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenutt View Post
This is about the saddest I've ever felt as a Cowboys fan. I still can't believe how that game ended from the reversal of the first down to the botched field goal. It just wasn't meant to be. Don, give me some words of encouragement from your end!

beenutt
Bee,

In our lifetime our team has played in 8 Superbowls and won five of them. We've had 5 Superbowl MVPs and 2 Superbowl Co-MVPs for a total of 7. We've witnessed the miraculous comebacks, leadership, and passing ability of Roger Staubach. The awesome runs by Perkins, Dorsett, and Emmitt. The aerial artistry of Bullet Bob, Drew, and Michael.

What about the "D"??? 2 incarnations of DOOMSDAY as well as Jimmy & Dave's undersized but fast as lightning #1 defense.

Our highs have included 20 straight winning seasons, the Hail Mary, Clint Longley's Thanksgiving day massacre of the Skins, and Roger's last regular season game (of his career) against the Redskins.

Our lows have included the Icebowl, The Blooperbowl, and the "Catch". In the grand scheme of things... Romo's blunder against Seattle really wasn't that big of a deal to me. Stuff happens!!!

We have been so blessed the last 4 and a half decades with this franchise and it's wonderful traditions that we sometimes forget that there are many other organizations in the NFL that still haven't experienced this type of success.

So my friend don't sweat the events of last weekend. There will be many more chapters to write in the Cowboys Saga in the years to come. If my words of encouragement doesn't make you feel any better, just remember... You got to watch Tom Landry stroll the Cowboy sidelines for almost three decades. That in itself was worth the price of admission.

Peace,

Don