Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan09 View Post
Thanks again for all your help, I guess I was a lil too rambunctious with the questions to start off. I just purchased my first two teams off ebay (49ers & Dolphins)
Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll try a project of my own & share the result with you guys.
No such thing as a little to rambunctious in this hobby/sport. Keep up the enthusiasm and if ya dont find the answer your looking for then by all means ask away! Welcome to the MF world.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 06-02-2008, 12:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi ninerfan09,

Greetings to you my friend. My name is John but I am better known as Coach J on the chatboard. I am the gentleman who was mentioned in the initial response. Welcome to the chatboard. As Geno H said keep up the enthusiasm and eventually someone can come with an answer to your question or questions. Most of your initial questions have been answered. If you are looking for someone to paint a particular team for you then let me know. By the way I noticed that you live in Kentucky. I will try to see if I can put you in touch with some coaches in your area.

Have a good day, feel free to ask any additional questions, and again welcome to the chatboard.

John aka Coach J
Old 06-02-2008, 07:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default kentucky league

Hey ninerfan09

Where in Kentucky are you? There are a group of us in the Bowling Green area that are forming a league if you would be interested in playing in a league. I am in Nashville, TN but I go up to play in Bowling Green.

Welcome to the forum and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get back in the game.

Thanks
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Welcome To The Hobby

You will find most of your questions answered here. also, familiarize yourself with the PM function. you can send a personal message to an individual on a more specific question, or looking for a more specific answer. also, its a good tool for just chatting away about the hobby.

There are some of us here who have been back for 2-5 years (myself and some others), some are brand new (Michael, who is 12yrs old and yet, gave you the absolute most informed response thus far ), some back within the past year (DetroitChild and a few others), and the old vets who probably never left the game. my point is, dont feel like you are way behind in anything or feel its not your place to ask a question. there are guys in the same boat as you and we mix in right along with the founding fathers of the hobby.

as you research how far the game has come, you will see there are different people who specialize in different areas. just watch, you will figure out what i just said soon enough.

and as previously mentioned, as far as being back in the game, it has become more of a hobby for us. you can explore and settle into the many facets of the hobby that are here. you can play in a league or tournamentsfor competition. you can play solitaire leagues which is all by your self with a few teams. you can get into painting your own teams. you can get into customizing your own figures from the 5 or so different manufacturers of figures. you can get heavily into just tweaking bases for optimum performance. or you can get into building boards and stadiums. or perhaps just collecting teams. did i leave anything out??????
might seem overwhelming right now, but it will all fall into place as you dabble more on the board and in the hobby. most of us do all of the above, but like i said, you will find some guys are specializers in the particular aspects of the game.

BUT THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS, FIND SOME GUYS WHO PLAY, AND ATTEND THEIR GAME. FIND THE LEAGUE IN KENTUCKY AND TRY YOUR BEST TO GET TO AN OUTING. WE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THINGS ALL DAY, BUT WHEN YOU ACTUALLY SEE IT, IT COMES TO YOU SO MUCH FASTER AND WITH BETTER UNDERSTANDING.

So enjoy my friend, and welcome.

SCOTT
Old 06-02-2008, 09:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHAEL DOWNS View Post
You will find most of your questions answered here. also, familiarize yourself with the PM function. you can send a personal message to an individual on a more specific question, or looking for a more specific answer. also, its a good tool for just chatting away about the hobby.

There are some of us here who have been back for 2-5 years (myself and some others), some are brand new (Michael, who is 12yrs old and yet, gave you the absolute most informed response thus far ), some back within the past year (DetroitChild and a few others), and the old vets who probably never left the game. my point is, dont feel like you are way behind in anything or feel its not your place to ask a question. there are guys in the same boat as you and we mix in right along with the founding fathers of the hobby.

as you research how far the game has come, you will see there are different people who specialize in different areas. just watch, you will figure out what i just said soon enough.

and as previously mentioned, as far as being back in the game, it has become more of a hobby for us. you can explore and settle into the many facets of the hobby that are here. you can play in a league or tournamentsfor competition. you can play solitaire leagues which is all by your self with a few teams. you can get into painting your own teams. you can get into customizing your own figures from the 5 or so different manufacturers of figures. you can get heavily into just tweaking bases for optimum performance. or you can get into building boards and stadiums. or perhaps just collecting teams. did i leave anything out??????
might seem overwhelming right now, but it will all fall into place as you dabble more on the board and in the hobby. most of us do all of the above, but like i said, you will find some guys are specializers in the particular aspects of the game.

BUT THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU IS, FIND SOME GUYS WHO PLAY, AND ATTEND THEIR GAME. FIND THE LEAGUE IN KENTUCKY AND TRY YOUR BEST TO GET TO AN OUTING. WE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THINGS ALL DAY, BUT WHEN YOU ACTUALLY SEE IT, IT COMES TO YOU SO MUCH FASTER AND WITH BETTER UNDERSTANDING.

So enjoy my friend, and welcome.

SCOTT
Ditto...and welcome aboard ninerfan09. There are some great guys here who will bend over backwards to help you out. You'll meet them over time.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Coach

Default New Ball Club!!!!!!!!

WELCOME ABOARD FROM CALI(LAEFL!) VIKINGS! I RUN WITH 67 AS LINEMAN O&D,BUZZ BALLs AND MY OWN CUSTOMs. OUT HERE IN L.A WE PLAY AT A HIGH VOLOS! ON 620s, MONSTERS, AND THE NEW ADAVANGE!! GO TO OUR SITE www.laefl.com AND LOOk UP OILERMAN OR CELO ON OUR MEMBER-LIST.ALSO GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEE THE HIGHLIGHTS,IN ADDITION WE HAVE OUR DVD THATS AVAILABE $10:00 THAT WILL SHOWCASE OUR STRUCTURE. OUTSIDE OUR STRUCTURE YOU HOOK UP WITH COACH RUTLAGE ON THIS SITE AND CHECK OUT HIS PRODUCT. SECOND YOU CAN CONTACT BLUES MAN ON THIS SITE AND TELL'EM AJAH SAID TO GIVE YA LOVE!!! I DID TIME IN THE BLUEGRASS I'M A SCREAMIN EAGLE!!!!FEEL FREE 2 CALL 310-405-3948 ajah!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Coach

Welcome to the big league.
These guys are the greatest.
They will help you, they helped me alot.
I love this sport but I have no one in Orlando, Florida to battle.
My son (12) is gettin a little bit interested, so i am feeding him slowly, his friends love the game but the age isn't there for me, i can only hope there parents catch the fever
Lonely in Orlando, Florida
Thank goodness I'm a Disc Jockey.
Welcome
Sean
DJ Mello out of Orlando, Florida (The Desert)