Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Norbert

I agree.You should not be able to switch bases.Most leagues play one base one player.With the rules you probaly would not have time anyway.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

[quote=Mike Robertson;61714]I hate the way the message board is set up...I still find it hard to track what I'm doing and where my posts are sometime. quote]

Mike, Just to help you out. If you click your name when you come on to the forum a dropdown will appear. Just click find all posts and you can go straight to the threads you have posted on. I'm not sure what else we can do to make the board easier to navigate but if you have suggestions, I am always open to them.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:56 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A new direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Robertson View Post
I hate the way the message board is set up...I still find it hard to track what I'm doing and where my posts are sometime. Hopefully I'll remember to check each forum sooner or later. Anyhow, I said unfortunately because I know so many guys are use to this because so many other tournaments and leagues allow it. They allow a max figure weight and a max base weight. This way you can swap as often as you like to screw up the defense. I agree that this is a terrible idea but it is unfortunate because many might be looking for this option.
My basing method kind of solves some of the headaches this issue creates. I mount my figures to magnet strips and then mount paper steel to the top of the base. Then I make sure all figures are equal weight and all bases equal weight. The DFW (shootout) rules still mandates 1 base 1 figure but that's per game. My basing method means it's very easy to switch figures with bases just prior to game time if you choose to do so. It also allows for multidirectional players if you konw what I mean. I've moonwalked into the endzone 3 times this year.

Other benifits include the very fast and easy re-baseing to home or away jersey's because we all know that your oponent won't tell you what color they are in until they start puttin' guys on the field. Also top of each base can contain lots of base specific information for easy reference. All my bases are numbered and given strength and speed values among other things. That means that if I want to revisit a base in the future I can see it's speed despite the fact that it's been in storage for awhile. Also your stationry QB can be the same guy as the mobile QB if on a metal field. Still another benifit (or disadvantage if you want to make some money) is that they are not compatible with other coaches figures and are therefore not of value to them. Some more disadvantages are a higher center of gravity, a need to more delicately grab your figs in play. Another feature that is sometimes benificial and sometimes not is that when your fig is repositioned on top of the base the performance is different. This season we've seen some figs. underperform on some plays based on this, but at the same time we have some figs that can go either direction and at various strengths based on the location of the fig on the base.

Just food for thought.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I am not sure how the policies...

of the DFW Ruleset states but I know under the CBSMF Ruleset, there are no magnets allowed anywhere, even if it seems harmless. The "One base, one player" rule is in effect in the CBSMF.

Reg
Old 02-24-2009, 11:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I understand

2 points.

1. I still adhear to the "one base, one player" rule even though my guys are interchangable. The only difference is that I change figures from home and away just like everybody else.

2. My magents don't hold to metal boards. the polarity exist between the top of the base and the bottom of the figure. under my bases there will be no magenets due to recent decisions.

I've been told this is something that will be discussed in the off season regarding DFW rules. I'll explain my situation at that time.

thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 01:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Timetraveler

In the CBSMF you don't have to worry about switching bases to other unis.Because offense is in the dark and the defense is in the white uniforms.

In the DFW that's something for you you guys to discuss.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

When y'all say 1 base, 1 player for YOUR league or tourney play, do you mean just for that game? Can you switch out bases before your second game?

Can you rebase for the following "meet" to make adjustments OR can you retweak or tweak some new base's?

Either way is fine as generally you have a large enough rooster and if you're good w/TTC's, well there's one answer, personally I SUC w/them and TTC tweaking is my next hurdle to overcome.

Last question...if you do have 1 base, 1 player for the season, how do you "police" that?

Thanks guys, just kinda curious in case I ever get a chance to travel...

Joe Ram
Old 03-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Coach

As I understand it, 1 base 1 player for the duration of the game. In between game days, you can change out bases and tweak at will...but there is a new inspection each game day.