Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 10:58 PM
DOOMSDAY78

Default Electric Coach.....

This Season I Bust My Butt To Pass For Just Over A 2,500 Yards In A 13 Game Season. So I Was Definitly Thinking The Samething About Those 7,900 Yards. And Kotixblack I Like Your Leagues Style, And I Absolutely Love Your Big Shows, I Have #5. You Guys Have The Best Ef Games I've Ever Seen On A Dvd. I Appreciated Your In Put On This Complicated Subject.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Coaching is Learning and work!

I started playing in the NYEFL this year after almost 30 years away from the game. All the rules and style of play were new to me. I did win my first game but lost my 2nd game on opening day. Each game I played I have learned something to take back to the practice field or the workbench to make my team more competitive. The coaches in the league like Lee "Doomsday", and JW Wharton as well as all the others have been very helpful and willing to share tips, techniques and coaching points with me.

In addition I have scoured through this forum, Miggle and all the league websites for every bit of information I can get my hands on. I purchased Smitty's DVD set as well. I could on and on with purchases, etc...!!! Bottom line is that as a coach it is up to you to do what you have to do to make your team better.

What's best - I now see my son tweaking and testing bases in the Man Cave training and game facility. The coach at work. Man - Gotta love it!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlax View Post
I started playing in the NYEFL this year after almost 30 years away from the game. All the rules and style of play were new to me. I did win my first game but lost my 2nd game on opening day. Each game I played I have learned something to take back to the practice field or the workbench to make my team more competitive. The coaches in the league like Lee "Doomsday", and JW Wharton as well as all the others have been very helpful and willing to share tips, techniques and coaching points with me.

In addition I have scoured through this forum, Miggle and all the league websites for every bit of information I can get my hands on. I purchased Smitty's DVD set as well. I could on and on with purchases, etc...!!! Bottom line is that as a coach it is up to you to do what you have to do to make your team better.

What's best - I now see my son tweaking and testing bases in the Man Cave training and game facility. The coach at work. Man - Gotta love it!

That is the BEST! Gotta love it for sure!

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 04-02-2008, 11:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Like Kennedy Would Say 'let Me Say This About Thattt Ta !

KANSA BILL, SOMEONE ACTUALLY SAID YOU CANT TWEEK A BASE TO RUN BACKWARDS. IF THAT'S PART OF YOUR GAMEPLAN THERE NOT LETTING TOU RUN.

IT'S HARD BEING A GENERAL MANAGER OF YOUR TEAM WHEN YOUR TEAM IS MICRO-MANAGED BY OTHERS. If your trying to create a team to your standards (like what mike is saying) You as the manager must go out and get the ingredients (parcells) to make the proper meal.

1)i have bought boat bases off of ebay from time to time. now i have more than enough. I specifically went out looking for them so i can have some.

2) recently i bought a few 1970's ttqb's from ebay as well. much more durable than the ttqb's today. I heard so much aboutthe old school ttqb's i wanted some and found.

THINGS ARE NOT GOING TO KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR AND SAY 'HELLO BIG BOY, YOU WANT ME'. YOU MUST DO SOME GENERAL SCOUTING TO BUILD WHAT YOUR TRYING TO DO.

1) If a play a coach and he whip's out 5 boat bases for his o-line, i guess im going up against " THE HOGS", REDSKKNS O-LINE

2) A COACH WHIPP'S OUT 2 BROWN BASES FOR HIS RUNNING PLAY, THAT'S HIS EARL CAMBELL AND JIM BROWN. LET ME FIGURE OUT HOW TO STOP THEM.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
KANSA BILL, SOMEONE ACTUALLY SAID YOU CANT TWEEK A BASE TO RUN BACKWARDS. IF THAT'S PART OF YOUR GAMEPLAN THERE NOT LETTING TOU RUN.

MANTARAYDRE
Oh.. we don't care in the Tornado Alley EFL.. We can run em whichever way we want..

Of my 9 different bases tweaked for "line strength".. 6 of them are F5's running backwards, 3 forwards.. I have 4 linebackers tweaked.. all 4 of them are F5's running backwards.. All 5 of my cornerbacks are F5's running backwards.. My QB and 2 of my running backs are.. tada.. F5's running backwards..
Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default as newbee.....

let me say this.... as a relative newcommer to this "hobby", i like most people had a lot to learn about rules,bases,players etc... when i put my first team together and played them... lets just say "ouch". Now i play with the guys in the laefl, home of the boiled base ,boat base, itz dials, and most other things you can think of. needless to say i would usually get my lunch handed back to me minus the milk and cupcake !!!
HOWEVER..... After repeated but whuppins i got to thinking... if they can do this then thier MUST be a way to stop it. and so the BRAIN had to THINK about things, if i see a boat base how do i confront it??? if a brown strong base is comming out of the backfield how do i attack it??? Well, the more i THOUGHT about it the more time i PRACTICED stopping all these things something wonderous began to happen... the MORE I PRACTICED>> THE BETTER I GOT and all of a sudden good ol homecomming got game and cant be builled anymore.
This all happened because i was FORCED TO THINK FOR MYSELF, to improvise and addapt to what was there...no restrictions, noone saying ,, YOU CANT USE THAT....and my game evolved.
BUt i also learned the no matter what you use.. you have to understand HOW to use it. you have to know how to tweak whichever base you chose to get the desired effect. I also discovered that if i attacked diferent bases in different ways i can get interesting results. if an oppenent wants to use itz dials to open holes to run into...guess what...that hole can be blitzed also just as easy... if a reciever is on a boat base..i can drop a backer to cover him and blitz the corner. It just all boils down to how much practice YOUR willing to put into your team to get better.
Cant beat it ...ban it.... what a shame...it should be...if i cant beat it....try harder !

Last edited by Pirate Rick : 04-03-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49 AM
DOOMSDAY78

Default Amen Blue

Aaammmeeeeenn!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Coach

Here is my take on this, lets say some one makes a set of ROCKET BOOTS, just one pair and T.O of the DALLAS Cowboys wanted to use them on game day, now! there is no others in the world, the boots lets T.O run faster then any human, do you think the NFL would let him use them? NO! not until others are made for every player in the NFL who wants a pair.

Now! I know there are other boat bases and brown and metal QB's out there some where and so on but can I go to a store or can I go to a web site to buy a set or do I have to go to Ebay and hope for the best, The whole ideal is to put every one on the same equal playing field and not to give some one an unfair advantage. EF/MF is some what like auto racing, you will never see nascar and F1 cars racing on the same track at the same time, can it be done? sure! but it would be one ugly race, Hey! I hope you guy's understand what I'm trying say,

Last edited by andre kc : 04-03-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Coach

Default Attention Doomsday

i PASSED FOR 7,900 YARDS IN A 14 GAME SEASON WITH 98 TOUCHDOWNS AND 1 INTERCEPTION HERE IN LOS ANGELES. ALL OF OUR RECEIVERS ARE MUGGED AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, BUT MY RECEIVERS STILL GET OPEN AND I HIT THEM WITH THE TTQB, NO STICKS OR ANY TRASH LIKE THAT. I KEEP TELLING YOU GUYS YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT MY GAME.

VINCENT
Old 04-03-2008, 04:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Agree with both Andre KC and Bluesman

I am probably one of the most progressive thinkers in the hobby. I had to push many envelopes to get people to thinking from the simplicity of the game to all the complexities the game should bring. But for me, it comes down to one thing.

Do people have equal access to the exact same thing. If so, it definitely should be allowed. That's why you see no restrictions on any vendors figures or bases in the TSO or the DFW League. I believe in equality for all and I live by what I preach.

Now, if it is not equal, then I say let them in but only by restrictions. For instance, because arrows are no longer made and have not been for quite some time, we are restricted to two. That would be the same for boiled bases or anything else. I know I am the lightning rod on this subject but let's understand that if, for example, boiled bases had one manufacturer and is readily accessible for everyone with the same potency, I would have no problem with everyone having it. But whether it's boiled bases or figures not used in the game, let's allow them but limited to an amount that your league or tourney set.

I never want to take away a coach's ability to go out and scour the earth and find that rare athlete that no one else has but also by that same token, I think if there is not equality in accessibilty for everyone, that will ruin the integrity of the game. Case in point, the USFL. Greed and having all the athletes for yourself, see Donald Trump.

I think equal access is the key here for me. I think as long as you've got a person/or persons willing to share information so that everyone can have equal access to the tools of the trade, then I see no problem. When it's tweaking, this is more a physical manipulation and some guys do a better job than others but no type of chemical enhancement take place. Same can be said on figure customization.

So as long as everyone has equal access, not a problem. If not equal, we put restrictions on quantity of items that can be used.

Reg