Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
But here's my thoughts. When I do business I have guys send me their players. Then I tweak them to their specifications. No marks, initials, insignias or cartoon charactors that I wish I were. For those who are willing to pay for the time I put into it there are no complaints.

The tools only work if you work them that's why my post was titled the way it was. I found a tool that worked, for me, on SP's. I never stated that there was a "magic" tweak tool. They are all magic when used properly. I spoke on that tool for the excellence it brought to my table, my board. Of course, we must all truly beware of those that have a vested interest with insuring SP's are not tweaked to compete with first runs.

I have nothing financial to gain nor lose by tweaking SP's to a level for people who are learning the hobby. I just believe more people will join the hobby at lower cost.

Now tweaking is a godsend. Finally coming out of the bobble-tango is the first thing that comes to mind right along with customizing. The biggest problem is see now is not tweaking but a guy not being able to compete with a stock team as teams are customized with "tree branches" to stop receivers by wrapping their limbs around their heads or sticking out so far sideways to get up under the hook in the arm.

Vince came to Miggle with a "MAGIC" tweak tool that is no longer magic because he selflessly allowed others to find tools to duplicate it and it works. Karim saw to that with his blessing. People seemed, to me, afraid to stand toe to toe with this guy and tweak like I did on that program from the Miggle Convention. Tweaking rocks but you have to be patient. Each base took about a half hour to tweak and then a touch up the next day. Nothing was done in five minutes.

Just my thoughts.

I knew it would become SP vs First Run.......................All I can say to that is BULL!#$%^(*& They are what they are no matter how many times its said or who says it.
Who seems to be "afraid" Because I will garuntee IT AINT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no "MAGIC" tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 02-22-2011, 03:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Geno what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno H View Post

I knew it would become SP vs First Run.......................All I can say to that is BULL!#$%^(*& They are what they are no matter how many times its said or who says it.
Who seems to be "afraid" Because I will garuntee IT AINT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no "MAGIC" tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geno H
The thought is to improve the SP's to the best of their abilities. I have never seen or spoke on your abilities so why would that apply to you? My discussion is on improving a product not being concerned with SP vs First Run. It's expensive vs inexpensive. Whatever they are I will embrace anyone that can make them better and not self serving haters. By the way dude, what are you mad and want to fight about. And you should be confused.

FYI In Michigan and in the Great Lakes SP's are already being tweaked and playing in Championship games in great numbers. Just go to the trade forum and see how many of Norberts star players were SP's.

Get the facts straight. Its First Run And SP's to real pro tweakers!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
The thought is to improve the SP's to the best of their abilities. I have never seen or spoke on your abilities so why would that apply to you? My discussion is on improving a product not being concerned with SP vs First Run. It's expensive vs inexpensive. Whatever they are I will embrace anyone that can make them better and not self serving haters. By the way dude, what are you mad and want to fight about. And you should be confused.

FYI In Michigan and in the Great Lakes SP's are already being tweaked and playing in Championship games in great numbers. Just go to the trade forum and see how many of Norberts star players were SP's.

Get the facts straight. Its First Run And SP's to real pro tweakers!

YOU BROUGHT IT UP KEN NOT ME. GO BACK AND REREAD YOUR POST.

By the way I know all about SP's I have all the facts I need here at FORT G-FORCE. I had them at Miggle on my team I had all runs all over my team.

GENO H
Proud MFCA member #22
Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Here's what I know about tweaking.

I'm horrible at it.

Any base that runs well is an accident.

Any TTC that is strong, probably came that way because I didn't do it.

I've watched people do it - I've seen the final results on the base, and used that as a guide to try and duplicate.

In the immortal words of Mike Singletary ... "CAN'T DO IT!"

I do the best I can with what I got. I'm not sure it matters what tool I used, or what base I used - believe me, I've tried a bunch.

If someone did a significant tweaking DVD, I'd be the first in line to get it.

Ed
Old 02-22-2011, 04:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Cool Your interpretation buddy!

and opinion. You are entitled to that.

Reread my post. All of them. No one had that tool and it works.

Just that simple to me. I embrace knowledge.

You hold the Fort!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooMorgans View Post

I'm horrible at it.

I've watched people do it - I've seen the final results on the base, and used that as a guide to try and duplicate.

I do the best I can with what I got. I'm not sure it matters what tool I used, or what base I used - believe me, I've tried a bunch.

Ed

"CAN'T DO IT!"
i LOVE THAT LINE FROM HIM.

Thanks Roo for a good laugh man, that was needed.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Roo to the rescue.... LOL...

...again you make me laugh; thanks, this thread needed that
Old 02-22-2011, 05:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
and opinion. You are entitled to that.

Reread my post. All of them. No one had that tool and it works.

Just that simple to me. I embrace knowledge.

You hold the Fort!

Thats fine Ken you seem to bounce back and forth from the tool to the SP vs 1st run comment I cant keep up...................If ya want my opinion and truly its all about savings the 5th run currently sold by Miggle is just as competetive as the more expensive SP.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Old 02-22-2011, 05:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooMorgans View Post

I'm horrible at it.

Ed
Now thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Roo!!!!!!!!

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Old 02-23-2011, 04:16 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Basics

For me, tweaking is just another side of the hobby. Like painting, customizing, or playing. You can like it or not, tweak or not it's a part of it.

The thing newcomers have to understand, is that you don't need top notch tools, 1st run-whatever 10-20usd/base to tweak decent bases to have fun and good play.

My own tools setup cost me about maybe 15-20USD. A pair of pliers found in a hardware store, some 400grit sandpaper, a cliper and a big kitchen lighter. The bases I use : anything available on the market (with a preference for buzzball products).

My best bases are around 4seconds/100yards, running straight, on a 42" custom board. My average bases (not as reliable as my best ones) can run the 40yards in less than 2seconds. My strongest bases are a way stronger than my fast bases.

Of course, finally I'd probably be mashed up on a "pro" tournament with the best tweakers, playing the game for years with top rare bases and "secret tools and technics". But it's suficient to play the game for me.

Tweaking is one of the "weapons" of the best MF players for sure. I also believe that tweaking basics are necessary to really embrace the hobby.

But I also beleive that you don't necessary need to be a tweaking master or spend hundreds of dollars to make good games and have fun.

If competition is a problem, simply create major and minor leagues. In slot car racing, it exists for ages. Some of the racers use complex cars, with $$$ and technical experiences, some others ones just buy a car and run it on the track.

Simply keep that in mind for our hobby devellopement.