Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2008, 02:50 PM
JIMBO

Default Beat The Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedFinFan View Post
I have been working on how to beat the spread Detroit. I will give you a clue....just look at last year's Super Bowl video and the Giants will show you how to do it. Now the problem is...convert that strategy to the EF game....where the interior line is often just too strong to break, so we opt for loopers instead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
It's funny you mention that FFF. While playing around with it the last few days the one glaring weakness is dealing with loopers (in fact, for me that is a glaring weakness no matter what offense I run). I'm working on ways to counter loopers from the spread. I've come across one or two things but I gotta work out the kinks.

Anyone else?
I'm not gonna spell it out, but I bet you beat the blitzing "loopers" the same way in MF as in REAL life football. Anyone know the answer? Then after that, once the heat is off, you go back to your Base. Then a Combo. Then back to Base. Then to something else until the D adjusts and counters. Ebb and flow. Chess match. Just like REAL life football.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
I'm not gonna spell it out, but I bet you beat the blitzing "loopers" the same way in MF as in REAL life football. Anyone know the answer? ...
I guess now one knew...or they didn't want to spill the beans on their strategy.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:23 PM
JIMBO

Default 2 Ways

1. Screen to the Flats - RBs are essentially "loopers" on Offense. Send them out to the sidelines, hit a few passes for big gains and the heat should slow down to cover those areas. Then you run up the gut!!!

2. Double TEs spread the loopers out wider than they want to be. Now you can run at one of the loopers with a lead-blocker and see how weak loopers are when they have to take on a FB!!! Or run an "ACE" package which is 2 TEs, 2 WRs and a single RB in the backfield.

A "SPread" Offense is supposed to spread the Defense thin. If a Coach is one-sided in their attack (run only or pass only) then the D has it easy. Balance the attack and the D goes into panic mode. Excel at both Run and Pass - FORGET ABOUT IT!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default secerts reveiled

Quote:
1. Screen to the Flats - RBs are essentially "loopers" on Offense. Send them out to the sidelines, hit a few passes for big gains and the heat should slow down to cover those areas. Then you run up the gut!!!

2. Double TEs spread the loopers out wider than they want to be. Now you can run at one of the loopers with a lead-blocker and see how weak loopers are when they have to take on a FB!!! Or run an "ACE" package which is 2 TEs, 2 WRs and a single RB in the backfield.

A "SPread" Offense is supposed to spread the Defense thin. If a Coach is one-sided in their attack (run only or pass only) then the D has it easy. Balance the attack and the D goes into panic mode. Excel at both Run and Pass - FORGET ABOUT IT!!!

Now eveyone knows
Old 06-10-2008, 06:33 PM
JIMBO

Default U Can See My Hand, But You Can't Play My Cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post
Now eveyone knows
Just like Spades, you gotta play the right cards at the right time or else!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Just like Spades, you gotta play the right cards at the right time or else!

I bet you're still holding out Jimbo. That's ok...I'm a fast learner bro.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
JIMBO

Default I Could...

...tell ALL 3 of my secrets and it still wouldn't help. My guys would still do what they wanna do. THEY'RE ALIVE!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedFinFan View Post
That said, don't think the spread isn't a viable offensive scheme for EF...it is. However, start thinking more along the lines of using the way things actually work on the EF game board and then exploiting/using your knowledge of those tabletop physics!

Here are the kind of questions to be asking....What happens when bases hit each other? Do they veer off? Do they turn away or bounce? Why? How can I use this to my advantage?? How does all that change if the weight balance of the figure is changed? Why does jacking up a base in the rear seem to provide strength/leverage?
FFF, though I don't totally agree with your point about using actual football D/O schemes I am beginning to see the light on your comment about the "physics" of the game. I'm now getting more involved in learning that aspect of the hobby. VERY important indeed!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Spread Offense

Detroitchild,

I run what is called "The West Coast Offense" in the DFW. Not many will even attempt these schemes because most MF'ers are as scared of wild splits as they are passionate thinking strength is all you need.

It is such an effective scheme that I run this system about 80% of the time in the DFW. It allows for "gashing" running lanes and deep balls. If I am on my game and executing to precision, it is virtually impossible to stop.

The key to this scheme is the ability to pass with great accuracy and the cerebral part of developing the correct line hole. It's takes much practice and chemistry to do this. When it is done to perfection, it becomes like a symphony orchestra.

I do design plays and run based on those plays. It is highly possible to get what you want out of a play. We (MF'ers) tend to think every play should go for a touchdown or positive yardage. We junk the play if it does not work and tell ourselves "Let's just do the usual run the ball up the middle" or "quarterback sneak".

If you are coming to the SWB, I will be hanging out in my room alot but you are welcome to join me and some of the guys doin' our thing and I can show you "the physics" that we talk about and how some of my systems work. If you got it figured out alread, no need for wasting your time with my rhetoric.

Reg
Old 06-15-2008, 12:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald Rutledge View Post
Detroitchild,

I run what is called "The West Coast Offense" in the DFW. Not many will even attempt these schemes because most MF'ers are as scared of wild splits as they are passionate thinking strength is all you need.

It is such an effective scheme that I run this system about 80% of the time in the DFW. It allows for "gashing" running lanes and deep balls. If I am on my game and executing to precision, it is virtually impossible to stop.

The key to this scheme is the ability to pass with great accuracy and the cerebral part of developing the correct line hole. It's takes much practice and chemistry to do this. When it is done to perfection, it becomes like a symphony orchestra.

I do design plays and run based on those plays. It is highly possible to get what you want out of a play. We (MF'ers) tend to think every play should go for a touchdown or positive yardage. We junk the play if it does not work and tell ourselves "Let's just do the usual run the ball up the middle" or "quarterback sneak".

If you are coming to the SWB, I will be hanging out in my room alot but you are welcome to join me and some of the guys doin' our thing and I can show you "the physics" that we talk about and how some of my systems work. If you got it figured out alread, no need for wasting your time with my rhetoric.

Reg

Thanks Reg. I feel that I can always learn from anybody involved in this hobby. I won't be able to make it to the SWB this year (though I've got it listed as a must in the future) but I will be picking the brain of you and others about the different styles of play.

Thanks, DC

PS - It will never be a waste of time talking to you.