Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009, 07:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

tom meier, i believe that i have some old ral partha figures that he sculpted.
MFCA member #31
Old 04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Eflguy

I'm quite sure you have done some research yourself considering designing your own figures! Therefore you have a good idea how much these sculpts cost and how much they cost to mass produce in china. Additionally, Todd does way more volume than this hobby can support which drives his cost down per figure. BTW, have you priced what the wargamming miniatures sell for? I just inked a deal with two local hobby shops to carry my line and they also agreed with my price point based on my volume and potential interest. Your input is respected.

egridiron
Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 PM
mwhite212

That is very true regarding the production of minis. Getting a good green can cost quite a lot on its own - $15 to $20 per MILLIMETER in height. And there is not the fan base to support mass production. Furthermore, you can't do these in metal which is a lot cheaper than plastic in the short run...it has to do with the ramp up to getting the injection molds done. By the way ARE you doing these in plastic or resin? If resin, be careful of the type of resin being used. Some resins can be quite brittle, but there are others that are a bit more like rubber and more durable. But I'm sure you've worked all that out already. As far as the price point, these will be connoisseur's miniatures . . . obviously not for guys just starting out....a single team of offense and defense will run you $220 strictly using these figs. That being said, the sculpts are quite beautiful and anyone who owns them will be the envy of his fellow coaches. I hope they do very well for you.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default EFLguy

It's not just saying they are mini mcfarlens.It is a fare price and in the world of EF 10 bucks is common price for custom figs.You are getting more detail than most custom figs have.If you have any teams of customs yes it will be costly.Dwayne has done an awesome job bringing detailed figs to the EF community at a good price.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default MINI MCFARLANES

COACHES,

Wolverinefan makes a good point i did not think of. CUSTOM FIGURES if you cant do them yourself cost up to $15 $20 by some if you cant make them yourself. THESE FIGURES ARE CUTTING OUT THE MIDDLE MAN. " Not suggesting taking business away from the customizers". What dewayne has created for us all, YOU AINT GONNA GET MORE CUSTOM THAN THAT !
A mini macfarlane you buy in the store for $10 to $15 sits of a shelf and just becomes another collected room decoration. These figures buy dewayne will be painted, decaled and put on your team to play week after week, league game after league game and tourney after tourney. it's well worth the money because it will be in constant use playing something you love.

sweetka is right, the look of your team and the field overall will change dramitically. Once coaches start to receive them and see them painted and decaled, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO STOP ADDING MORE AND MORE OF THESE FIGURES. Guarentee coaches will start selling all kinds of stuff just to buy these figures. If it cost $220 to make a squad, or maybe $320 to make a great squad, guys are going to figure out ways to make it happen. This should be exciting for the hobby, nothing like this has ever been produced before. We are lucky a manufacturer has come along and figured out how to produced something that mimic's mini mac's. In fact, dewayne should nickname them just that. As long as he does not say the word mcfarlane he is fine.
everyone, the game has just gotten better, lets enjoy the heck out of these figures. You only live once !

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 04-06-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

These figures look great and I can't wait to see them in person! I will definately be getting some to add to my Michigan team. Its amazing that these figures are sculpted at 1:1.

These figures are definately a high end figure that is great for the hobby- AWSOME!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

btw dewayne, nice work my man. that runner is going to make a nice iron head heyward on my saints squad. i can see him destroying the raider line already.
cool stuff, keep 'em coming.
MFCA member #31
Old 04-07-2009, 08:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default interest and orders blowing up

coaches,

before i started this thread dewayne told me on the phone the interest in these figures were going crazy. Coaches contacting him left and right. Now that more information on these figures, im sure the order line in going wild. Dewayne is the nicest guy in the world and deserves all that's coming to him. I hope coaches are paypaling him to death getting in on these first runs. Even if you start at $20 for 2 figures, it's a start to building and adding to your team. DONT MISS THE BOAT, GO ON AND COP SOME FIRST RUNS.

**QUICK QUESTION, Am i seeing things, on the running back it looks like the gloves are sculpted on the player already. Look by the wrist, aren't those the straps to loosen and tighten the gloves. I might be seeing things but if i am right, HOLY SMOKES !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU SAY

MANTARAYDRE
Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I have seen them in person and they look better than the pics . The detail is like the real thing !
Old 05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Holy Moly

These figures are absolutely INSANE!!!