Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 AM
MFCA MEMBER

WOW. AMAZING NEWS!!!

I will boost the ratings if this will be available in Canada to watch. I really hope it will be!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default GREAT NEWS/GOOD WORK

LEAGUE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

This is excellent news breaking off the vegas strip. We all know i love rules based on playing in a 3 to 4 stoppage system. But you must give credit where credit is due.

I just read your rules in the rules section. These rules are written in an incredible professional manner. Everything is clear cut. love the

1)NO MANDATORY PUNTS(let coach determine that)
2)NO STACKING
3)PLAYERS IN THE BOX MUST BE 10 YARDS BEHIND THE DEFENSIVE LINE. (NO STACKING LINEBACKERS).
4)40 AND 40 KICK OFFS WITH 3 SECS DOWN, CANT TURN RECEIVING TEAM PLAYERS
5)FIELD GOALS ANYWHERE
6)RUNNING BACKS MUST BE 10 yards BACK
7)5 SECOND PASS RULE. (BOARD RUN). 20 SECS TO PASS, 30 SECS TO PASS HANDICAP RULE.

***FAVORITE PART OF THE RULES
How all the shifts and motions are explained in detail.
LIST WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

WHOEVER WROTE THESE RULE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB.
Your venture live FROM THE STRIP will be very successful.
You have a nice cast on your board of directors

mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 02-10-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

OK LETS GET READY TO PLAY SOME PROFESSIONAL ELECTRIC FOOTBALL, THIS IS IT BUT YOU NEED TO SING UP WITH ERICK ASAP THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN AND PROFESSIONAL AT THE SAME TIME SO COME ONE COME ALL AND LET'S GET IT ON (ESPN STYLE) SO SING UP ASAP AND THANKS.

AND GET YOUR READY.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU AIN'T ME
I'M JIMMY DAVIS AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default PEFL

Could you elaborate more on ESPN's involvement? We've had ESPN cover events before (they sent a reporter to Minneapolis and did a segment on the Cold Pizza morning show, they've sent a web reporter before who did a piece on Miggle, etc). It's great stuff, but isn't necessarily a springboard.

Are they talking about a clip for Sportscenter or are they talking about being a television partner for something ongoing? The key to making any professional venture like this is exposure and sponsorships/advertising.

I'm definitely interested in participating/helping but would like to know how far along things are in terms of consistent coverage and sponsorship/revenue to actually help something like this work in terms of "paid".

Great job and please see my questions as typical business questions, not a "rain on parade" moment.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Just wondering...

what is making this "professional"?

Is there a sponsor putting up prize money for the winners and based on finish?

Is there a large entry participation fee that will be divided up / used for pay-outs?

Sounds like an outstanding opportunity -

Old 02-10-2011, 11:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty t View Post
HELLO EF WORLD, THIS LEAGUE IS GONNA BE GREAT. 1ST THERE IS GONNA BE A TOURNAMENT IN MAY TO START THINGS OFF RIGHT. THE NMEFL LEAGUE IS GONNA BE PROFESSIONAL BUT ALSO REAL FUN AND ENJOYABLE TO BE A PART OF. PROFESSIONAL PAID REFS AND ALL, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO REF A GAME ANYMORE. THIS LEAGUE WILL BE PLAYED AT THE ESPN ZONE INSIDE THE NEW YORK NEW YORK RIGHT ON THE STRIP. YOU ALL CAN BRING THE FAMILY FOR A REAL GREAT TIME WITH SOME REALLY GREAT ENTHUSIASTS. ERICK THOMPSON IS WORKING REAL HARD AS WE SPEAK ON MAKING THIS LEAGUE SECOND TO NONE. ERICK WORKS ENDLESSLY ON MAKING EVERYTHING HE DOES A SUCCESS. I WILL HAVE MY BUFFALO BILLS READY FOR SOME ACTION. I AM REALLY EXCITED AND I SUPPORT THIS LEAGUE 100%. PRAY FOR EVERYTHING TO GO AS PLANNED SO WE ALL CAN ENJOY THE NEXT LEVEL IN ELECTRIC FOOTBALL. TIME TO GET OFF THE COUCH AND GET YOUR TEAM READY, A SPONSOR MIGHT BE WATCHING AND YOU COULD GET PICKED UP. ANYTHING IS POSIBLE WHEN YOU TRY AND STAY POSITIVE.

LET'S SUPPORT ERICK THOMPSON, THE TOURNAMENT, AND THE NMEFL LEAGUE AND IT WILL HAPPEN, I AM BUYING .
Why just Support this venture, why can’t we support all the hobbyist, leagues and tournaments. Guys I wish you well. And I to think this is big for the hobby. I just think it’s funny we see TV now it's an urgency that everyone needs to jump on board to this particular events, You Guys are funny. Just booked room and i'll be in the house. looks like its going to be fun.

Dearell
""Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.........We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, Handsome, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are we not to be?"

Last edited by 49ers_Fan : 02-10-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Foundation

Creating the NMEFL I had one thing in mind and that was creating a professional electric football league. How I decided to do this was to start from the bottom to the top and the first thing was the rules.
I needed the most profesional rule set I can come up with in EF and it is still a work in progress. Second is building a BOD with the integrity, EF drive and skill set that will take this to a professional level which most importantly have the respect from our Brethren. Third I will build a whole new EF community outside of what we know, currently I meet with a group of 60 individuals this Sunday to introduce EF to them in the form of coaches and refs. Every 2 weeks I am having a class to teach how to play and how to ref but more importantly bringing new faces to our hobby (will get into this part in the next issue of the Tweak.)
Next is the promoting and advertising our hobby as a whole, a collective where we all benefit from this not me individually, saying that I need your support and need everyone who participates to bring a whole new attitude you have ever had, a professional one.
The Tournament is being held to introduce this new rule set so everyone can play, understand, and critize the good and bad of it. Every Tournament winner will recieve a "Green Jacket" like the Masters, so know we are building a prestigous club of professional EF players. World rankings of all current MFCA members are currently underway so please be a member of good standings, this is how you get ranked.
Espn is covering the event and to be exactly correct it is ESPN E60 and it will be aired at the begining of the NFL season, once again this is to promote the hobby as a collective so if I was you I wouldn't miss this event.
The NMEFL league portion will start the first weekend of September with a 12-14 game schedule with paid refs and the paid ref portion will be $25 per game so you do the math. Coaches will either have to have sponsors or sponsor themselves and we have bigger plans for this than the Tournament, this is how you build your rankings get your exposure to becoming a paid EF coach.
If the camera don't see you, you don't get the exposure you need so everyone has to think outside the box, this is turning into a buisness and you have to run your team as an organiztion. Didn't say you couldn't have Def. coordinator or an off. coordinator or even a QB to throw for you in the league, if that's how you run your organiztion then that's what you do. The getting paid portion is up to what I can do as well as what you can do, If ESPN likes what they see or anyone else from the exposure the sky is the limit.
I don't want to get into the League side until the meet and greet dinner on Friday May 20th, There I can explain in further detail what the NMEFL is planning on doing. Like to take a second to thank Mr. Lynn Schmidt for everything he is doing for the NMEFL, real stand up guy and Lynn all you have to do is ask, once again Thank you very much!
I need all you guys participation and support to make this happen as well as your patience. I also urge you guys to bring your wifes or significant others to show a since of family since this was a family orientated game years ago, this is how we keep Momma happy. Don't worry I have plans for the guys only trip, lets keep that between us. God Bless each and everyone and looking forward to seeing you at this event!!! IF you have questions feel free to call me (Erick) at 702-499-9465
Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default So I understand...

we are paying the refs at the tournament $25 per game/per team or splitting the cost with the other coach ($12.50 per coach/per game)???

So the further we advance in the tournament the more we will pay for officials?

And we can have multiple coaches for our team? So it won't be a coaches MFCA ranking - but a team ranking - so all coaches would need to be mfca members??

Not complaining - just trying to understand - sorry, but it really is not that clear.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The Tournament is $50 dollars you get Dinner at the Friday gathering and entry to Tournament. No ref pay is on at this time trying to curb this expense now my real issue is the actual League where that can get pretty expensive. The other coaches on your staff is a league thing not tournament and that may not be allowed something the BOD is going to address especially with the rankings being involved. What may happen may be a $5 per game fee and the league picking up the additional $15 not sure can't say a lot may happen between now and September.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm in with the rest of the DSEFL

Each One Teach One!
DSEFL