Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007, 02:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Fran,
I PMed you, check the link above and give me a holler,
Mark
Old 07-13-2007, 04:01 PM
WallyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklingbeil View Post
Tron,
There seems to be a division between those tweakers who prefer the front prongs to be shorter (jacked up look) and those who like the prongs even. This is the last sticking point before I turn over my drawings to the manufacturer (good thing I was a draftsman in my youth). Any thoughts?
Mark
Mark,

Jacked up for strength even for speed. If I were you, I would have the prongs all at an even lenght and let the coaches clip and trim to their own desires.

Wally
Old 07-13-2007, 10:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Wally,
Thanks, that is exactly where I am leaning. This will ensure they run good for the beginning tweaker, but the more advanced cats in the biz can still do their magic on them!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:28 PM
vikes69

Default Mark Klingbeil Call Vincent Peatros

MARK,

WHAT'S UP. GIVE ME A CALL 562 275-1814 I WILL ASSIST YOU ON THE BASES IF YOU LIKE. NORMALLY I WOULD'NT DO THIS BUT THE HOBBY HAS COME ALONG SO WELL I'VE DECIDED TO FINALLY LET SOME OF MY SECRETS OUT. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AS WELL AT globalfinancialfunding@yahoo.com. WHAT IS YOUR PHONE NUMBER?

VINCENT PEATROS
Old 07-14-2007, 09:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Vince,
My number is (832) 445-5684. I have free minutes after 7:00 and on the weekends, so that is the best time to contact me.

Thanks, and if anyone else has advice, let me know...
Mark
Old 07-15-2007, 06:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Performance is Key, But Don't Forget Strategic Design!

Performance is top priority. You received lots of suggestions on that topic. But please don't forget the strategic element of design! Two important design changes on a TTC style base are:

(1) The base shell should look the same in the front and back so that when the figure is on the base, the opposing coach can't tell whether the figure is on the base forwards or backwards. This is an especially important feature to promote pulling offensive linemen. But it would also be a huge feature for running backs. Heck, it could also be really cool on defense.

(2) The dial should be uniform all around. In other words, don't have that little notch cut out like on all thee TTC dials. It is another dead give-away. Your ITZ dials and the new F5 dials thankfully do not have this.

If you really want to get creative, design bases for certain positions. Have some bases that are perfectly flat like a rectangle and then some that are rounded like a circle.

Now that I think of it, rookie bases should also have the same look for front and back. This design feature could really enhance the way we play.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

OH OH Yah What Frank said!! Very important and a must do on any new design!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJohnson View Post
Performance is top priority. You received lots of suggestions on that topic. But please don't forget the strategic element of design! Two important design changes on a TTC style base are:

(1) The base shell should look the same in the front and back so that when the figure is on the base, the opposing coach can't tell whether the figure is on the base forwards or backwards. This is an especially important feature to promote pulling offensive linemen. But it would also be a huge feature for running backs. Heck, it could also be really cool on defense.

(2) The dial should be uniform all around. In other words, don't have that little notch cut out like on all thee TTC dials. It is another dead give-away. Your ITZ dials and the new F5 dials thankfully do not have this.

If you really want to get creative, design bases for certain positions. Have some bases that are perfectly flat like a rectangle and then some that are rounded like a circle.

Now that I think of it, rookie bases should also have the same look for front and back. This design feature could really enhance the way we play.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Frank,
I guess I could see doing the straight front and back bases on rookie bases, that would be a disguise. However, on the best base we are going to make, our new "DDB" base, front and back will be relative. So I was thinking to make one flat and the other round, so you could use whatever front you wish.

Is this something people would like to see? I tend to want to make regular standard bases because they would probably attract the most buyers, but if there is a consensus, then I would change my designs.

Thanks,
mark
Old 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default New Bases

Mark,

I would think that as long as the new bases are within the same weight and dimensions as what is being produced now, sales would be great. This element of surprise has never really been designed into bases. What I am proposing would add a new dimension to the game. You are trying to upgrade the bases, right? Please don't copy all the limitations of the old stuff. After all these years, we want better.

Your "DDB" design sound interesting. I assume that it would utilize the ITZ type dials if you have the capability to decide which end of the base can be used as the front. The one thing I would mention is that for a lot of pulling offensive linemen plays, the base would need to make very short and tight arcs. In order to do that, you would need to have one set of prongs stationary and the set on the other end turned. The ITZ dials can't do the very tight turns.

Kudos to you for doing this!

Frank

Last edited by FrankJohnson : 07-17-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I can't speak for anyone else but a base that looked the same front to back with a slighty rounded front on both ends would be great. A flat ended version would be good too. Please, something new and I would agree to keep it within current size and weight specs. This would be the best advancement!!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!