Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2008, 03:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Nice!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:12 PM
WallyJ

SteelerFan1967,

Absolutely inspiring work!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM
SteelerFan1967

Default Once again...

...thank you all for your comments and compliments! :o

When I was a young EFer (9-12) I would order teams from Tudor. After a while, I would decide to repaint them to diffferent teams I liked. Back then, everythig I painted was with Testors model paint and was enamel. Man, did I ruin some carpet in my old room and the smell of paint thinner was always in the air! (who knows how many brain cells never had a chance because of that....)

Of course, back then, I just had my paints and brushes (and toothpicks) and the Tudor stick on numbers...but I remember trying to paint all the little details on the guys as well.

And the thing I remember most was that feeling of wanting a particular player to look like "this" or "that"...and how limited you were in your ability to make those changes (some of that was because I was so young). Of course, I would break a little something off this guy...glue a little something on that guy...and end up with a lot of dudes that looked like Frankenstien's monster.

Today...it's an entirely different ball game...both on the board and on the workbench. So many great ideas and products...and more ideas and products being created every day it seems.

I especially like the figures from FootballFigures.com...they really open up a lot of doors from the customization standpoint. They are easy to reconfigure and really get the mind going in all kinds of good directions. Thanks for that Reg!

Anyway...I'm having a blast! For me it's a great diversion. I try to carve out a little time each day and work on a figure or the board I am building. It's a form of therapy I guess. Not that I need it --- --- but it really helps to settle the mind and refocuses things for me.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

outstanding!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default you said it perfectly!

coming from a dallas fan - that Franco figure is the JOINT!

what you just said (copied below) IS EXACTLY how i am sure, most of us feel. with that said, that statement should be the Mantra / Crede / Mission Statement / Motto / Forum Sticky / Printed and sent to every magazine possible / Printed on a huge sign by all leagues to post outside of the tournament room / whatever else you can think of / printed on the back of the trading card / etc / etc / etc......
that is exactly what i tell people now when talking about the hobby. someone put in a post (i think andre KC) this hobby is divided pretty much into players/coaches, customizers/ builders, and collectors. choose your style, pick all three. they all contribute to the hobby and the first two, exemplify the difference between the game we played as kids, and the hobby we have now as adults.
i have tears now. sorry to get all emotional on you guys. hand me a "scott" tissue someone, please.

When I was a young EFer (9-12) I would order teams from Tudor. After a while, I would decide to repaint them to diffferent teams I liked. Back then, everythig I painted was with Testors model paint and was enamel. Man, did I ruin some carpet in my old room and the smell of paint thinner was always in the air! (who knows how many brain cells never had a chance because of that....)

Of course, back then, I just had my paints and brushes (and toothpicks) and the Tudor stick on numbers...but I remember trying to paint all the little details on the guys as well.

And the thing I remember most was that feeling of wanting a particular player to look like "this" or "that"...and how limited you were in your ability to make those changes (some of that was because I was so young). Of course, I would break a little something off this guy...glue a little something on that guy...and end up with a lot of dudes that looked like Frankenstien's monster.

Today...it's an entirely different ball game...both on the board and on the workbench. So many great ideas and products...and more ideas and products being created every day it seems.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Raymond 33

Man,that sums it up!!!! I couldn't agree more.......oh and those figs are outstanding!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:11 AM
SteelerFan1967

Aw schucks...you guys are embarrassing me...:o

Seriously though...I really do appreciate the kind words and compliments...

I have been very busy with other parts of life lately...but hope to get back to these figs over the weekend...
Old 04-05-2008, 08:39 PM
DOOMSDAY78

Default How much for...

Some Of Those Franco Figures?

Last edited by DOOMSDAY78 : 04-05-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: forgot a letter
Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Whoa Whoa Whoa

DOOMSDAY, Its one thing to admire the pictures of the Franco, but to want to buy them, as a Dallas Fan, you are breaking the code. Steelers are Steelers, no matter what. you now have to where the silver and blue footsie pajamas for the next 2 weeks. then, if your wife says its ok, you may get the Franco figure.
(psst- buy and extra one for me, i'll pay you back. but its gotta go on your tab so the Cowboy police can never trace back to me. Thanks - good looks!)

Old 04-19-2008, 10:36 PM
SteelerFan1967

Default Hines

Back when I was working on the figures I orignally put in this thread, I was also working on Hines for the contest.

The pix I submitted for the contest were ones before I actually had put the final touches on him. So here are a few more...with the final accessories and after I figured out ways to get better pix from my camera. I also included the real Hines picture that I used as my reference.
Attached Images

Last edited by SteelerFan1967 : 04-20-2008 at 05:10 PM.