Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2010, 09:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Question Once again

The Rule freaks!, & the conversation begins anew! convo has never gotten past this part, the hobby has always rejected any organization attempting to organize a national league based on rules they have nothing to do with drafting, good luck, on that one. STOP AND ASK YOURSELF WHY? until u address that itll always end here. Im sure youll find people if given a real platform, can decide there own ruleset. seems to me if u want participation thats our best option. u have my support no matter how it goes. Maybe u guys have gotten better at writing rules! Did u notice that as soon as guys started on there rule rampage, interest in the convo dropped immediately, same tactics, same results.

Last edited by Megawattz : 10-23-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Rules

I've given this issue a lot of thought over the years and here's what I've come up with:

1) This will never happen organically. Some of us are accustomed to certain styles, certain leagues, etc and we enjoy that style. Some of us want more emphasis placed on the TTQB and offense, some want less, etc. Some like multi-stop and random events some don't.

If I asked the USA to come up with a national style of music, do you think we could ever reach a concensus? No way.

2) The major manufacturers aren't leading the way. They aren't producing or marketing a certain style enough. They aren't putting dollars into events that promote the style that fits their product. I am fully convinced we would have a national style organically if a major manufacturer had thousands of people buying their product and coming to their event. People would gravitate toward that style as the official because they wanted to compete using that method. As it stands now we are too small and diverse within the ranks to create any type of groundswell. There's no buring platform.

3) I think we, as a body, can show some basics and common themes amongst the rule set to help the newbie but it will be one of our challenges. Certain coaches are very adept at one style of rules but won't venture outside of those rules or styles. That's their perogative - they should do what they enjoy. I don't see us, as a concensus body, being able to move the dial enough on this issue as lord knows we've tried.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Exclamation Good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTom View Post
I've given this issue a lot of thought over the years and here's what I've come up with:

1) This will never happen organically. Some of us are accustomed to certain styles, certain leagues, etc and we enjoy that style. Some of us want more emphasis placed on the TTQB and offense, some want less, etc. Some like multi-stop and random events some don't.

If I asked the USA to come up with a national style of music, do you think we could ever reach a concensus? No way.

2) The major manufacturers aren't leading the way. They aren't producing or marketing a certain style enough. They aren't putting dollars into events that promote the style that fits their product. I am fully convinced we would have a national style organically if a major manufacturer had thousands of people buying their product and coming to their event. People would gravitate toward that style as the official because they wanted to compete using that method. As it stands now we are too small and diverse within the ranks to create any type of groundswell. There's no buring platform.

3) I think we, as a body, can show some basics and common themes amongst the rule set to help the newbie but it will be one of our challenges. Certain coaches are very adept at one style of rules but won't venture outside of those rules or styles. That's their perogative - they should do what they enjoy. I don't see us, as a concensus body, being able to move the dial enough on this issue as lord knows we've tried.
now how do u BEGIN to deal with those issues stated? The MFCA as it presently stands, is the only Organization that even attempts to represent the hobby as a whole, all others openly promote there styles depending on location. I know the guys have worked hard to come up with something digestable by the public, but the problem isnt the rules, its the process of which those rules were reached. No matter what u come up with, it can never further your goals in regards to the Mission Statement, because the act of creating those rules undermine your efforts to bring the hobby together. No matter what rules u write, by design your opposing YOURSELVES! The MFCA must break the cycle by freeing itself from the act itself. Its like trying to dig a hole, with your partner filling it back in, if u were to shed that baggage, bias & opposition will go with it. The MFCA can not appear in no way, shape or form to prefer any style, there role may be best served, by representing what has been passed up from the players themselves. Until we begin to change the fundamental way we approach some of these issues "SAME TACTIC, SAME RESULTS"!

Last edited by Megawattz : 10-23-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawattz View Post
now how do u BEGIN to deal with those issues stated? The MFCA as it presently stands, is the only Organization that even attempts to represent the hobby as a whole, all others openly promote there styles depending on location. I know the guys have worked hard to come up with something digestable by the public, but the problem isnt the rules, its the process of which those rules were reached. No matter what u come up with, it can never further your goals in regards to the Mission Statement, because the act of creating those rules undermine your efforts to bring the hobby together. No matter what rules u write, by design your opposing YOURSELVES! The MFCA must break the cycle by freeing itself from the act itself. Its like trying to dig a hole, with your partner filling it back in, if u were to shed that baggage, bias & opposition will go with it. The MFCA can not appear in no way, shape or form to prefer any style, there role may be best served, by representing what has been passed up from the players themselves. Until we begin to change the fundamental way we approach some of these issues "SAME TACTIC, SAME RESULTS"!
Wow...you are making some very valid points. The association really needs to take a look at this.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Coach

Megawattz gets it.....
Old 10-23-2010, 12:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

This needs to be a strong grass roots movement from the membership for it to be successful. Just talked with Megawattz and I think he is on to something. He has my support and he will be running with this idea, so listen up everybody , give Mega your ear and see where this baby goes.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 10-23-2010, 01:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Too many bong hits this morning I guess... You guys are confusing me...

I'll follow along until I can get up to speed.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Lightbulb For thought

In the next couple of days I'll be outlining, a plan that I feel may be able to garner some real results in the way of a "PROFESSIONAL National League" based on existing tournament & regional league dates. This is solely voluntary and in no way will effect any established rules or customs of any particular region or league. My goal is to further the cooperation between regions through creating a competitive circuit comprised of members that frequent these events. As always your support & participation is required for any effort to be successful. This is not personal, & in no way bare my name, nor do I have any real power to influence the outcome of events that may or may not shape success. here we go again, lets make it happen this time!

Last edited by Megawattz : 10-23-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 01:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Ok.. first Good discussion
2nd...I will support what the MFCA MEMBERS decide to go with as the offical set up for play.

My suggestion as far as rules go i think is pretty simple... we all play Electric Football... we all know the Basics of the rulesthose never change (11 men on the field..formations etc)

My Proposal 'if we must talk rules" would be this.... Every member who is going to actually play.not jusr run thier mouth about playing"Gets to pick ONE.. 1... UNO....rule they like and propose it toward a final rule set and it gets voted on. for instance.. in L. A if i knock your runner/reciever over it is a fumble and you roll a dice, odd or even to see who recovers. thats the rule i propose,and only that rule i can propose.you will be supprised at some of the gr8 rules out there that if all brought together could make for some really fun EF.

I think this will keep all involved in the Creating of the NEW league and hopefully will bring some unity to the process, But also keep in mind...
Your not going to please everyone..there are ALWAYS going to be someone who is not happy with the a rule or two, and thats ok, but we cant keep trying or acting like we can please the masses... it just wont happen.

Lets just see who is willing to give it a go first...then we can hash out the OFFICIAL this and that later...

Lets do it, before we lose it !
Old 10-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Coach

I am all for the Megawattz plan....a separate sort of event within each event (if I understand the plan correctly)...that is not meant to compete with or take away from the local event....This series of events within an event is meant to bring some national unity to the existing league events. I like this idea. I am not for a binding national rule set at all. A simple recognized set for the event within the event games....I get that....but let's keep that simple and a means of fostering unity. Maybe the event within an event rule set can be changed each year, so that everyone gets exposed to rules from different regions?? Or...perhaps it is just best to go with a simple set of rules for those games. A set voted on by members and agreed to by vote? I think it might really be cool to treat that event as something unique....maybe only allow small 22 man teams for those games....and no luck factor (box). Maybe even make the weight standards on that team based on real football (Give the players a range of weight for each position, and a total weight to distribute amongst the players at their position....so, maybe you get 14 g of total weight for your 4 linebackers...and they must weight from 3.0 g to 4.0g each)?