Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 01:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Very well said Shabby

I guess we were posting around the same time!!!!

Nat'l
Old 12-20-2009, 01:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Good start

Although this conversation has happened on several occasions since I re-entered this hobby about 2 years ago I'm always glad to see it restarted. That means that several of us hold out hope that a big resurgence in EF can happen.

I agree that "game ready" bases should be a part of someone's purchase but we are a ways away from that. How about a joint effort between the MFCA and a company like Miggle, especially since that relationship already exist. To piggy back on what CorEy said, how about an insert on how to tweak bases with each Miggle game board sold along with info on the MFCA's website and a copy of the Tweak.

How about working with Miggle in getting the entry level Rose Bowl game in hobby shops around the country. We may not expect them to be placed in the Hobby Lobby's of the world but a place like Riders Hobby Shop may be receptive. My guess is that initially would be MUCH easier than the Landsman's trying to get into most toy stores like Toys R Us.

How about leagues around the country working with local hobby stores in setting up EF displays (boards, teams, perhaps one of Reggie's stadiums) along with copies of the Tweak for sale (or free) and a stack of fliers with info on both that league and the MFCA.

These are just a few thoughts off the top of my head. I'm sure a serious discussion would help prompt more feasible ideas.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by detroitchild : 12-20-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thank you National, yes we must have both been replying at the same time.

I too want this back in Toys R Us, Target, Sears, etc..just like when I was growing up in the 1970's, heck even our local chain grocery store in the Detroit area had a small toy section when I was a kid and they always had a field or two on the top shelf.

We can only wish or get a think tank together to solve the base solution for mass retail, all the pieces are there for this, just need to solve for the base issue.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Very Good ideas

Like what I'm reading here. One of the other problems with the marketing of electric football games has been that you can only find one in stores before Christmas, never after. One store here in Nashville carries the Rose Bowl Game and they always sell out before Christmas. Then they don't get the games again until the next Christmas Season. One of the reasons that Toys R Us no longer sells the game is that Miggle decided not to sell to them anymore because of their return Policy. I know that the last Christmas that I worked at a Toys R Us, we sold out of the games (I believe about 48 sets for the season) but after Christmas several were returned with out anything at all wrong with them other than the people were disapointed with the performance of the game (players running around in circles).

I agree that a DVD and/or a manual packed with the games showing how to tweak bases would be a good start on at least cutting down the return of the games and showing the consumer that there has been a great improvement in the game and how it can perform.

The only stores in this area that I know of that even carries the game is Dick's Sporting Goods and don't really know their sales records of the games and theri returns of them afterwards. But I would imagine it is about the same as Toys R Us.

Anyway, we have a very good discussion going on here and some very good ideas to approach Miggle and retailers with.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans