Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 11:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Rick View Post
WOW... now we need a new smiley icon.....

A preacher on a pedastool
You funny man!

I agree we should not "call people out" but by hyping the people of integrity we actually rid ourselves of the thief as stated in an earlier post.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

So looking at your last post Kenny ;You think that we should rid ourselfs of players or members of the ef community instead of steering them in the right direction??

I may be wrong so explain please.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:08 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Depends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rookie View Post
So looking at your last post Kenny ;You think that we should rid ourselfs of players or members of the ef community instead of steering them in the right direction??

I may be wrong so explain please.

I wouldn't invite a theif into my home. Mentoring is for the willing. I have done it all my life. Some you can't save but you keep trying. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to save yourself from going wayward as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by sweetka : 01-11-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default thanks Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'em Horns View Post
Integrity is a learned habit. Humility is the key to integrity. Integrity doesn't grow on trees and can't just be picked up because someone says they have it. You have to be completely transformed in your mind. Humility takes practice!

We are sinful creatures by nature. Not that I am calling anyone in specific a sinner but the reality of it is that we all are. Our flesh was born into a world of sin and we operate under its law. Here is where humility comes into play...the problem is not the sinner or the person who has the issue of integrity. Lets call this person "the thief." The "thief" has an issue yes but we know not why, nor do we know the situation nor the circumstances that lead the "thief" to his actions, nor do we know the "thiefs" lineage. This does not mean he gets a free pass but what it does mean is that as a community we must promote "better" to obtain "better". The problem can't be fixed by addressing the "sinner" or the "thief by publicly bashing them.

You see we will never come into a place of love, integrity and fellowship less we first learn how to forgive. We all have sinned and it just bothers me when others are quick to condemn someone but their secrets lye hiding in a closet somewhere. Whom are we to judge? Lay your cards on the table, are you truly worthy of forgiveness? I guarantee that most of us here if we were sincerely speaking would say "we are not worthy of forgiveness". When we go online or secretly get on conference calls to spread cancer like symptoms about another individual that further seperates us from getting into the place of tranquility, peace, fun and fellowship with each other. When the sinner is saturated in an environment promoted with love, fellowship and integrity and know that his flaws are not judged that and that alone is what promotes change. However, on the flip side with criticism and judgment come defensiveness and anger which will never lead us into the place of integrity. An individual must be provoked into change. Something has to trigger that switch. Internal uncomfort provokes change, external uncomfort provokes anger. It is important that we know and understand the difference and how they apply to your brother.

When you see a brother make a mistake or fall, lift him up and encourage him. Don't get angry and talk about him. Pull him to the side, talk to him. Even if he doesn't like the talk he would have heard it and when he goes home it will sit with him in his spirit. He will respect you and your actions will have promoted change in his life. Maybe not immediately, but if enough of this is deposited into his life, it will provoke a response. Dont spread cancer like symptoms and try to ruin him, for he will resent the hobby and its cause and will become a cancer himself.

That is how we get back to integrity

Thanks Mike... We needed to hear some of that.

If we are to follow Ken down his path, we may cause more harm than good... I know I have been victim of such bashing in the past for reasons not my fault or their fault directly, but still endered the trouble. I have had dealing with many here and as the "seller" have provide very good service to all. However, when I am the "buyer" I don't get the same treatment from some here... but I stopped trying to 'call them out' because it will not make any difference to the root cause of why..... it just makes it fustrating when it's your turn to be on the other end....

as long as we are open to communicate with each other, all things can be worked out, if you want them to be worked out....

Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default can't resist

Integrtiy,

levell shelton told me at the miggle in baltimore, "Integrity and character is what you do when no one is looking "

When your not 100% in agreement WITH SOME COACHES all the time. They will figure out a way to view you as an outcast instead of and honest person who chooses to think for themselves. Trust me, THE CELL PHONE CLICKS STILL EXIST. Im not a phone person and never was. If i contact a coach it is strictly business in regards to decals or services. more coming.
I did talk to some coaches in the past via phone outside of business and they all have turned out to have done something. a coach can be deemed not a team player via the cell phone gang. I WILL ADMITT, i did a taste test several times to prove a point to myself. I HAVE PUT UP SOME CONTROVERSIAL POST PURPOSELY TO SEE A PATTERN.

Before this phony post i look to see who is online at the bottom of our page. I see it is not many. Then i put up the phony post. 2 minutes later it is always the same cast of characters who miraculously appear on line all at the same time. That is the cell phones working overtime. Ring, ' you see what dre posted ". I noticed this at least 10 times. Then the replies comes, well this well that.

This is why trust comes to visit me very seldom. I was taught to always watch everybody. A wise man told me to never take with both hands and expect nothing.

I learned to totally appreciate the good ones in the hobby . There are some great ones in our world. The great chris stacey is at the top of the list.
To me, ken allen is like THE GREAT AL SHARPTON. Because he will tell you like it is and do what he can to solve problems objectively.

mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ???????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post
Thanks Mike... We needed to hear some of that.

If we are to follow Ken down his path, we may cause more harm than good... I know I have been victim of such bashing in the past for reasons not my fault or their fault directly, but still endered the trouble. I have had dealing with many here and as the "seller" have provide very good service to all. However, when I am the "buyer" I don't get the same treatment from some here... but I stopped trying to 'call them out' because it will not make any difference to the root cause of why..... it just makes it fustrating when it's your turn to be on the other end....

as long as we are open to communicate with each other, all things can be worked out, if you want them to be worked out....

Trying to understand what path you think I am taking here K-Lo. You say call out and forgive in the same sentence almost. When it comes to money you get one shot with me. Family members, exluding mom and dad, included. When it comes to business dealings, and my money, I am cut from a different cloth and knowing this I am VERY careful who I do business with. Anyone I have to ask for my money I am done with, period. Same with product.

I never said to remove people but I will remove myself. All others may stay. That's what I speak to competitively. I thank Mike Turner "2005" for that.

One thing I can say for sure is no one has ever been looking for me on this site. I give no credence to those who cannot say the same.

My Great Grandfather, Washington Henry McCloud, who built the first Frank Luke Missionary Baptist Church in Dexter, Georgia used to say that the lord would not give you more than you can handle.

People should understand that, even in their dealings with others.

Last edited by sweetka : 01-11-2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Thanks Dre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantaraydre View Post
Integrtiy,

levell shelton told me at the miggle in baltimore, "Integrity and character is what you do when no one is looking "

When your not 100% in agreement WITH SOME COACHES all the time. They will figure out a way to view you as an outcast instead of and honest person who chooses to think for themselves. Trust me, THE CELL PHONE CLICKS STILL EXIST. Im not a phone person and never was. If i contact a coach it is strictly business in regards to decals or services. more coming.
I did talk to some coaches in the past via phone outside of business and they all have turned out to have done something. a coach can be deemed not a team player via the cell phone gang. I WILL ADMITT, i did a taste test several times to prove a point to myself. I HAVE PUT UP SOME CONTROVERSIAL POST PURPOSELY TO SEE A PATTERN.

Before this phony post i look to see who is online at the bottom of our page. I see it is not many. Then i put up the phony post. 2 minutes later it is always the same cast of characters who miraculously appear on line all at the same time. That is the cell phones working overtime. Ring, ' you see what dre posted ". I noticed this at least 10 times. Then the replies comes, well this well that.

This is why trust comes to visit me very seldom. I was taught to always watch everybody. A wise man told me to never take with both hands and expect nothing.

I learned to totally appreciate the good ones in the hobby . There are some great ones in our world. The great chris stacey is at the top of the list.
To me, ken allen is like THE GREAT AL SHARPTON. Because he will tell you like it is and do what he can to solve problems objectively.

mantaraydre
Some have taken this too personal and for the record this post was the result of a coversation regarding business dealings, not competitive play. Some to the league rhetoric was to NOT point fingers at anyone. Then you read some of this, where it comes from, and there it is.

I have played for 42 years and have seen or been a part of many situations. I started playing with Alan and Tony Jones in a three man league and replayed games because I loved to play so much in the 70's. I still love them brothers like brothers no matter what fate life has taken them through. Even today, if someone said something happened to anyone from the GL I will be there. But those who don't know is directly attributable to those second hand gossipers, just like you said, who ride the phones and PM's. I see that as well my friend.

Just you do me a favor. Don't let the naysayers quell your enthusiasm. Don't look past your post. I have been guilty myself of cracking a joke or two at your expense but I'm just a silly dude acting alone. We need your hype.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great Post

You no guys this is funny in a sense, some of the some folks you guys highly recommend has some of the same Characteristic has some of the people who may have integrity issues. They haven't done it to you; I think communication is a key when doing business with people. Example I owe Mike Robertson some bases from a couple of months ago. But I had to explain to him my health was bad and was not able to get them to him. And I’ll get them to him ASAP. But guys Like this dude i will not mention, who takes people money and say the heck with everybody. That’s when you should call people out.

Just my 2 cents

Dearell
""Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.........We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, Handsome, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are we not to be?"

Last edited by 49ers_Fan : 01-11-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default maybe I miss understood your direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
Trying to understand what path you think I am taking here K-Lo. You say call out and forgive in the same sentence almost. When it comes to money you get one shot with me. Family members, exluding mom and dad, included. When it comes to business dealings, and my money, I am cut from a different cloth and knowing this I am VERY careful who I do business with. Anyone I have to ask for my money I am done with, period. Same with product.

I never said to remove people but I will remove myself. All others may stay. That's what I speak to competitively. I thank Mike Turner "2005" for that.

One thing I can say for sure is no one has ever been looking for me on this site. I give no credence to those who cannot say the same.

My Great Grandfather, Washington Henry McCloud, who built the first Frank Luke Missionary Baptist Church in Dexter, Georgia used to say that the lord would not give you more than you can handle.

People should understand that, even in their dealings with others.
what I am saying is that "calling folks out can be both a good thing and a bad thing because of one's perception to the real 'issue' .... for example, coach A does a job for Caoch B and puts products in the mail (with all the protection needed) yet the parcle never arrives.... bad issue, right?! ... however after all resources used to find, yet it is still missing... Not the Fault of coach A directly, but if Coach B calls out that coach without including the facts, Coach A looks like an "unworthy" business partner. Although ultimately Coach A still has the responsiblity to make the situation right, but has been "indavertly called out" and will now not get the chance to make it right because now it's a personal thing because Coach B put it out without the facts ..... seen this many times.........

here is another example
Coach J orders bases from Tweaker #1...sends payment and informed by Tweaker #1 that your order will be filled by Due date.....
...due date comes and pass.... 2 weeks after have come and passed and Coach J makes an inquiry for his items...Tweaker #1 says "i am behind and you will get it whenever I can get to it."........ 2 more weeks go by and you cannot get Tweaker #1 on the phone/email.....

Which way should Coach J take.... Put Tweaker #1 thru the "being called out" or given more time to complete the job??

in the past, it would have been easy to put the tweaker on blast, but that will not help the next guy because the true facts of that transaction is not fully disclosed.

I just think before we call some one out, have all the facts available for the next person to make an educated decesion on who he will turn to for help...

k-lo
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Nothing wrong with that Dearell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers_Fan View Post
You no guys this is funny in a sense, some of the some folks you guys highly recommend has some of the same Characteristic has some of the people who may have integrity issues. They haven't done it to you; I think communication is a key when doing business with people. Example I owe Mike Robertson some bases from a couple of months ago. But I had to explain to him my health was bad and was not able to get them to him. And I’ll get them to him ASAP. But guys Like who takes people money and say the heck with everybody. That’s when you should call people out.

Just my 2 cents

Dearell
I say honor your word. Things happen and that's when communication is necessary. If Chris or Mike or many others told me, I got behind, da, da, da, it would never be a problem. I know these guys. I researched and trusted my gut instincts.

When communication breaks down, and times goes by and that phone don't ring?, then you know you have a problem. Late is way different than never.

Last edited by sweetka : 01-11-2011 at 04:25 PM.