Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 07:45 AM
humble1

Default check this site out

Here is a great site.....

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mantaray Dre, You Surely Should Check with...

the DFW rulebook or coaches in the DFW League if this is a league specific question.

One of the things you will find in our rulebook is not only does it contains more than 100 pages (which I think is very important) but the information is very logical and created by me. I've played football, coached, and officiated on different levels and I have the mind of an engineer so what I write is pretty consistent with the logic of football.

It is a disrespect to our league when guys say "No disrepect to that league about knowing the rules" but don't get it twisted, I certainly take great pride in knowing and writing rule books. Unfortunately these are still plastic men who have to be placed on the line of scrimmage but the 7 on the line is an elementary concept that we can definitely go over when you come to Texas.

I just get tired of guys in a back-handed manner slamming what others perceive football to be. It just makes me sick sometimes!

Reg
Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mantaray Dre

I want to thank you for asking a football related question. While many get cought up in tweaking, TTQB passing, figures. All of that is nice, but Football is the name of the game.

Look at the NFL PlayBook; this is what it's all about. Look at how the play works; lookt at the reactions and movement of the players.

I love to see the X's and O's of the game come to life as the athletes use there football intelligents along with there abilities to do there part in making the play. There is some luck in the game, but it makes up about 10% of the actual game.

You don't see players running around without a clue of what they should be doing. One coach told me about the 3 R's; Read; Recognize; and React. He said you must be able to do all three to play the game.

Read: See how the players move, pick up on players clues, and formations as to what the play is, did the "O" lineman stand up or fire out? Is the WR running hard or not, Is the Back looking at the hole he is going to. One on one chess match.

Recognize: Were is the play going, is it a run or pass, left middle right, long or short alert your teammates.

React: Get to the ball. Fight off blocks, sift through trash, take the right pursuite angles.

This is what I love about the game, you need more than just passing skills, speed and power, you have to think and coach.

Reg is right, these are just little plastic men, but so are chess figures. It's all in how you use them and the role you place on them.

If you value them as plastic men then that's all they will be. I value them as a reflection of the athlete.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Was Asking A General Question !!!!!!!!!!

HEY REG

I basically was asking a general question so coaches can finaly talk x's and o's. I seems very rare that we sit down and speak on the chalkboard. I was trying to get coaches involved in a strategy session post. We talk about everything else and i wanted to shift gears and speak on coaching strategy.
From what i read you guy's certainly know your football. I love this post because i see you guy's dont view this as a childrens game like myself.

Every sunday when i watch the NFL i say to myself, we have all of this ! we are so lucky we found this hobby. I hope all you coaches realize that. You ever hear just appreciate what you have and dont worry about what you dont have. Look at the joy these plastic men, fields, stadiums, tournaments, conventions brings us. How often do you look at something EFL RELATED ?

It's great to hear coaches making playbooks, studying x's and o's and just looking to be serious about this hobby. Just remember, where would we be if you makers of styles, dvd's, stadiums, custom figures, etc etc did not exist. Im very thankfull for all of you guy's and enjoy picking your brains on how things work. I already know how they work, just want to gain more insight from coaches who know more than i do !

HEY REG, YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT "ADRIAN PETERSON ON THE VIKINGS", HE IS UNSTOPABLE

MANTARAY- DRE