Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
This goes both ways. I painted a 72 man team for someone and sent them to him last December. I still haven't been paid for it. I've sent several e-mails, PM's and left a few voice mails on their phone. Needless to say, it doesn't look like I'm going to get paid for them. I'm not painting teams for anyone anymore. I do have 6 figures that I'm doing for Mark Robin that are taking me forever to get done, but I at least have let him know that I'm having trouble (arthritus is a bitch!) I promise Mark, they will be done before the end of June one way or another! Thanks for being patient!
That's alot of painting not to get paid--OUCH!!! When doing custom work, it is a good idea to at least get a deposit up front, with the balance being paid upon delivery. That's just theft, right there!

Old 05-27-2010, 01:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sharing is caring.... SWEETKA said it...

keep it available but dont cause (-) harm to the site. Everyone is not about integrity or a code of moral conduct. Check ebay ratings and also read what happened when they do get (-) FB.

This is a family and if there is nothing that can be relied upon....let the exception be honesty.

I have learned and shared the lessons with others when asked.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavennaAl View Post
This goes both ways. I painted a 72 man team for someone and sent them to him last December. I still haven't been paid for it. I've sent several e-mails, PM's and left a few voice mails on their phone. Needless to say, it doesn't look like I'm going to get paid for them. I'm not painting teams for anyone anymore. I do have 6 figures that I'm doing for Mark Robin that are taking me forever to get done, but I at least have let him know that I'm having trouble (arthritus is a bitch!) I promise Mark, they will be done before the end of June one way or another! Thanks for being patient!
And thats why for anything ive ordered, or agreed to purchase, i have always paid upfront. I figured everyone in this forum was like family, so you don't mind trusting someone that they will fulfill the order, or pay when the time comes.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Research!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
and im sorry i hadn't asked around, because ive been on an order that i placed in December, and still havent received it. I dont mind being patient, but just keep me posted on how my order is going.
Would have provided easy answers to your questions had you sought it. That's all!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Norbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert Revels View Post
Maybe a new forum for feedback is needed,...........each member starts his on feedback page within that forum,.......the heading would be,.........example,........Feedback for Norbert Revels,.........you would then copy the URL off your post and then paste it in your signature, whenever someone does a deal with you they can click your link and leave feedback.

P.S. I myself have some deals left to finsih (5), they will all get done.

Norbert Revels
Are you kidding me! Sure you may have some deals to finsish but you are the guy that verifies every delivery with a picture of the post office's mailing receipt. You can not be more honorable than that

Another Great thing you do is communicate. I have seen countless posts where you have kept people informed regarding delays. You are the example, the exception, and the tranparency that is needed when trading!

Kudos to you!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I honestly believe that IF the issue is with a company, that the issue be taken care of off the site and with the company. There is always going to be issues between the buyer/seller(Customer/Vendor), whether its from tracking information, to payments, to paypal, Ebay, all the way to he said/she said. Company's have IRS tax ID numbers, of which Dun and Bradstreet and the Better Business Bureau all have credit information and credential information for being in business.(Miggle, Buzzball, Joxindabox, CowboyMike, Jennings, and FootballFigures), sorry if I missed any. So if there is a legitimate claim with Ebay or paypal, file the claim with them and let them settle the issue. If it is on other issues, then file it with D&B or BBB.

If the issue is with a particular individual, and they are not co-operating or responding, then I'd bring it to the attention of others privately first, as maybe that will trigger the communication between the two.

IF all else fails, call them out.

Preventive Maintainance- If you are going to cut a deal with individuals, do like I do and ask for payment for supplies up front. Services rendered can be settled afterwards, and if that isn't settled, then sell it. You've already been paid for the supplies.

This is the way I see it.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTTMANN View Post
I honestly believe that IF the issue is with a company, that the issue be taken care of off the site and with the company. There is always going to be issues between the buyer/seller(Customer/Vendor), whether its from tracking information, to payments, to paypal, Ebay, all the way to he said/she said. Company's have IRS tax ID numbers, of which Dun and Bradstreet and the Better Business Bureau all have credit information and credential information for being in business.(Miggle, Buzzball, Joxindabox, CowboyMike, Jennings, and FootballFigures), sorry if I missed any. So if there is a legitimate claim with Ebay or paypal, file the claim with them and let them settle the issue. If it is on other issues, then file it with D&B or BBB.

If the issue is with a particular individual, and they are not co-operating or responding, then I'd bring it to the attention of others privately first, as maybe that will trigger the communication between the two.

IF all else fails, call them out.

Preventive Maintainance- If you are going to cut a deal with individuals, do like I do and ask for payment for supplies up front. Services rendered can be settled afterwards, and if that isn't settled, then sell it. You've already been paid for the supplies.

This is the way I see it.
That sounds very reasonable.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My other hobby feedback setup

Read it over and see if this would work here.

Rules for Trade Feedback: In order to provide the most direct and easily accessible feedback for each user who conducts trades on our HWC Message Boards, please follow these new guidelines for all Trade Feedback from now on.

1. If you wish to conduct trades using our Message Boards, you must create a feedback topic for yourself in the Trade Feedback forum. Your topic should be titled "Trade Feedback for ." You may post something about yourself, what you generally have to offer and/or are seeking, etc. in your initial post. Note that you will no longer create any new topics for specific trades in this forum; such posts will be closed. We recommend that, once you create your personal feedback topic, you save the URL for your topic to provide to trading partners so they can easily leave feedback in your topic once your trade(s) have been completed. (You may also wish to save the URL for any existing trade feedback posts from the past, as well.)

2. Whenever you wish to trade with someone, you can search or ask for the URL to their Trade Feedback topic and review what others have said of trading with that user.

3. Whenever you complete a trade, find the single Trade Feedback topic for the user with whom you traded, and be sure to add a post about the trade to their topic. Again, you will not create a new topic for the trade, but will only leave feedback in their topic. Be honest, be fair, be efficient. By doing so, you help ensure that we have a system which provides the best possible opportunity for safe trading among our Message Board users.

4. Finally, if you have a dispute with another user over a trade, you may leave ONE feedback post in their Trade Feedback topic stating your case. And if someone leaves you negative feedback in your Trade Feedback topic, you may make ONE rebuttal post stating your side of the story. Should you mutually reach an agreement past that point, you may make one more post in the OTHER user's Feedback topic (not in your own) to note that the matter was resolved. After that, no arguments, disagreements, or "flame wars" within Trade Feedback topics will be tolerated. Mattel assumes no responsibility for trades conducted between private parties using our Message Boards -- you must work out your differences on your own, and privately -- NOT on our Message Boards.

Thank you, and happy trading!

Norbert Revels
Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ONCE AGAIN...THE UNPOPULAR OPINION...CALL EM OUT

I think you have to name names. Call them out, and make them accountable for their actions. I have heard stories as well. The most recent story is Rick Garrison's son (L.A.) sending $ to someone in DC for a customized Ravens team, which he never received. The person in DC says that he never received the cash, but evidence (shippers receivers receipt) says that he did. After that experience...Rick's son is now turned off to the hobby. If I knew who it was, I would name them so that no one else gets duped. Why protect dishonest people who are not good for the hobby. As I have said many times, the protection of the rotten apples in EF will be the down fall of this hobby. I'm not saying ban them, but call a spade a spade, and make them accountable for their actions.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Can't do that bro'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotixblack View Post
I think you have to name names. Call them out, and make them accountable for their actions. I have heard stories as well. The most recent story is Rick Garrison's son (L.A.) sending $ to someone in DC for a customized Ravens team, which he never received. The person in DC says that he never received the cash, but evidence (shippers receivers receipt) says that he did. After that experience...Rick's son is now turned off to the hobby. If I knew who it was, I would name them so that no one else gets duped. Why protect dishonest people who are not good for the hobby. As I have said many times, the protection of the rotten apples in EF will be the down fall of this hobby. I'm not saying ban them, but call a spade a spade, and make them accountable for their actions.
Could cause legal issues for the forum.

People need to check before they buy. I always start off my deal by checking the party involved then I still proceed cautiously. If you don't trust them with your children don't trust them with your money.